Quantcast

» «
Photo

Deal or Revenge?

38 replies to this topic

Poll: What did you choose? (156 member(s) have cast votes)

What did you choose?

1. Deal (23 votes [16.43%])

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

2. Revenge (117 votes [83.57%])

Percentage of vote: 83.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

This poll is for those who played GTA 4 for first time. Don't give me the answer of recent. Tell me what you chose when you played GTA 4 as a noob.

Also, tell me the reason why.

I chose Revenge - I didn't want to see Roman die by taking Deal.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 04:06)

If this is what you played the first time, how did you know that Roman would die in Deal?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky blue?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

He saw it on teh internetz before reaching that part maybe.

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:04 PM Edited by Metzger, 17 March 2012 - 09:08 PM.

I choose a "Revnge", because i sweared to myself, that I will settle a score with Dimitri for betraying me, no matter what. And a fact, that he later in the game has tried to make my life more difficult has only increased my determination.

Also:
a) I had a suspicious felling, that if I choose a "Deal" option, then Dimitri will once again try to kill me. When I completed a storyline and asked uncle Google, what would happen if I would choose a "Deal", then I sawed, that my intuition was very right.
b) Roman tried to convince me to "shake a hand" with Dimitri (even after all what he done to him) for money profits, but he didn't succeeded, because I already had a feeling, that Dimitri will backstab me again. And also, I am not obsessed with greens.
c) Kate was very clear, that she will leave me if I won't quit from criminal activities, and I didn't wanted to loose her.
d) After completing "A Dish Served Cold" I had a phone call from Phil, which has only reassured me in my choice.

However, there was a large price to pay for my revenge: Kate's death sad.gif. Well, at least her killer didn't lived longer then forty eight hours after attempting to kill me.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

If you can't laugh, you might as well cry.

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Ah I made a mistake here, the first time I played through the story I chose Deal at first, but in this poll I just ran ahead and voted for Revenge even though I never chose that option until after the outcome of the Deal storyline, which kept me awake all night kicking myself over what I had done. Since then I've chosen Revenge every time. I should have known better than to trust Dimitri. mad.gif

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

WARNING: Major Spoilers (if you are new to GTA-IV)

Of course I choose REVENGE, naturally as this was the driving force behind ALL of Niko's Bellic's actions. He came to America to seek out Roman and distance himself from the issues he had with Bulgarin ... he came also to seek out one of two survivors of the incident which saw most of his friends murdered. Niko is working on the understanding that the man he seeks has fled to Liberty City so he is determined to find him, no matter the cost. Of course we all know (or most of us do) what happens then. Remember, Niko was betrayed by Dimitri at the warehouse AFTER killing Faustin ... promised payment and sold down the river by Dimitri who put him in the hands of hired killers, but Niko escaped (assisted by Little Jacob). This does not exactly put Niko in a good mood. Later, we discover that Dimitri is the power behind a blackmail plot against Bernie Crane's boyfriend - the Deputy Mayor and Dimitri is also responsible for burning down Roman's business and his apartment. Dimitri also orders the kidnapping of Roman Bellic. The point is, in many ways Dimitri is really asking to be whacked - and this is exactly what Niko should be doing. Ultimately and no matter what course of action you take ... Niko gets to kill Dimitri ... but what of Bulgarin you may ask? Well a Hispanic bodyguard and part-owner of two of the finest clubs in Liberty City by the name of Luis Lopez does that dirty deed, and neatly takes out Bulgarin while engaged in fleeing the city for the Russian Republics.

Seems the only person who made out like a bandit in GTA-IV was the bum (seen briefly in The Ballard of Gay Tony) who ultimately gets his hands on an awful lot of ''ice''.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 02:16)
He saw it on teh internetz before reaching that part maybe.

This. Actually, I didn't know there were two endings. I first completed revenge and then deal. At first, I spared all characters thinking that I would get an advantage. So, this way, I got to know about deal when I played for second time.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky blue?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

My option: Revenge.

Reason? Dimitri's a backstabber, and I'd rather have Roman alive.

Lauslim12
  • Lauslim12

LC Cage Fighter

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Revenge.

I choose it because i know that if i choose 'Deal' Dimitri will try to betray me.

theanonymous21
  • theanonymous21

One Super GTA Badass

• Members

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

When I see Roman die I'll F@cking cry cryani.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

i choose revenge

well i like roman,he is a good cousin

and anyways kate only talks sh*t suicidal.gif

theanonymous21
  • theanonymous21

One Super GTA Badass

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Dimitri is one of the sh!theads that betrayed Niko so, When chasing Pegorino its a piece of cake.. I just shoot him and then he fall down.. It was funny, try splitting some save to deal and revenge.

hitman_for_hire
  • hitman_for_hire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I stupidly listened to roman an took the the deal bk when i 1st played in 08 but i bought it again 2 weeks ago an took revenge due to me choice kate got blasted i wasn really bothered cause she never lets u bang her anyway lol.

hitman_for_hire
  • hitman_for_hire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I think when u kill that guy nico was searching for an take the deal romans wife malorie dies because my 2nd time playing this happened.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

I chose Revenge everytime as I find "Deal" to be very out of character for Niko.

UnderTaker1973
  • UnderTaker1973

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I haven't finished the game yet but i intend to do the revenge. It just seems like Niko would kill him instead of letting him live. Eventually i will do both endings.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 20:27)
QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 04:06)

If this is what you played the first time, how did you know that Roman would die in Deal?

I used the internet while I was playing the game.

SPOILERZZZZ.....

And I did the revenge-ending. Niko is not dumb, he did not want to be betrayed by Dimitri twice.

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 02:43)
Ah I made a mistake here, the first time I played through the story I chose Deal at first, but in this poll I just ran ahead and voted for Revenge even though I never chose that option until after the outcome of the Deal storyline, which kept me awake all night kicking myself over what I had done. Since then I've chosen Revenge every time. I should have known better than to trust Dimitri. mad.gif

I did exactly the same confused.gif . I found Revenge to be the better ending anyway. And I think it's also the more canonical one, because...

a) Niko was never sure about doing the deal during the phone call with Roman in his dialogue, and seemed unconvinced after Roman tried to convince him *convince fail*
b) If Dimitri had died on the boat, before he had done the deal, then it makes sense that Ray Bulgarin went and collected the free Heroin off the ship, in order to sell it, hence the events of the final mission of TBoGT.
c) Niko is the revenge-y type, hence why he came halfway around the world to find the killer of his village comrades, so I think he would jump at the chance to get Dimitri back, a vow he made to himself when he was betrayed.
d) Dimitri is a dickhead
e) In storyline terms, it seems that this ending is better as it supplies an irony that Niko promised that he would protect Kate, and yet he fails to, which, for me at least, provides a stronger, more emotional ending, as the most innocent character in the game meets a brutal, short end; rather than Roman dying after several times of almost-dying, and it doesn't supply that ironic ending for me.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Cazzer14 @ Thursday, Jun 28 2012, 17:23)
QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 02:43)
Ah I made a mistake here, the first time I played through the story I chose Deal at first, but in this poll I just ran ahead and voted for Revenge even though I never chose that option until after the outcome of the Deal storyline, which kept me awake all night kicking myself over what I had done. Since then I've chosen Revenge every time. I should have known better than to trust Dimitri.  mad.gif

I did exactly the same confused.gif . I found Revenge to be the better ending anyway. And I think it's also the more canonical one, because...

a) Niko was never sure about doing the deal during the phone call with Roman in his dialogue, and seemed unconvinced after Roman tried to convince him *convince fail*
b) If Dimitri had died on the boat, before he had done the deal, then it makes sense that Ray Bulgarin went and collected the free Heroin off the ship, in order to sell it, hence the events of the final mission of TBoGT.
c) Niko is the revenge-y type, hence why he came halfway around the world to find the killer of his village comrades, so I think he would jump at the chance to get Dimitri back, a vow he made to himself when he was betrayed.
d) Dimitri is a dickhead
e) In storyline terms, it seems that this ending is better as it supplies an irony that Niko promised that he would protect Kate, and yet he fails to, which, for me at least, provides a stronger, more emotional ending, as the most innocent character in the game meets a brutal, short end; rather than Roman dying after several times of almost-dying, and it doesn't supply that ironic ending for me.

Good points. Almost convinced me that Revenge is canon. I guess we'll never know for sure.

RaBBiTSWYD
  • RaBBiTSWYD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

i chose revenge too, but really didn't like u had to choose, its clear niko wants revenge

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I chose Deal because I wanted the money for the $500,000 trophy. I had no idea what was going to happen, and I liked the idea of seeing a scene of Niko and Roman visiting Vice City.

All and all though, I feel like Deal was a better ending in my opinion and I'm glad I chose it. It feels like it has more closure, emotion and content to it than the other ending.

sinn3r
  • sinn3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Revenge.

I hated Dimitri because he already betrayed his best friend, which he had so much history, and betrayed me. He could do that again. I didn't want to work with him again, I'm a man of principles biggrin.gif. Later I read about the Deal ending, and persuaded that I made the right decision.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I did the Kate die one.

Bro's before hoes!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

>"Bros before hoes"
>Does Revenge
>Deal was Roman's idea

Yup.

Yacapo
  • Yacapo

Murloc

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Roman was there from the start of the game..

& I looked it up on the internet long before I ever got to this mission

16 Roses
  • 16 Roses

Axeman

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Revenge, because it was obvious that Dimitri would only betray you anyway. I beat that f*cker to death with my bare fists.

Also, Kate never puts out anyway.

TheVibe9871
  • TheVibe9871

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I chose Revenge. Dimitri was a moron.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

I chose revenge because I already knew what happens in both endings.

CoreGunnit
  • CoreGunnit

Here since... Who cares?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I've chosen Revenge. I felt that Dimitri needed to die as soon as possible. I never cared too much about girlfriends in GTA IV and I personally love Roman's character so I made the right choice :]

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

The first time I played the storyline I took "Deal" because Roman said we could go to Vice City and will have a lot of money and "Revenge" in my opinion it wasn't necessary because Dimitri wasn't worth it. When Roman was killed by Dimitri I thought it was impossible, but yeah, he's number disappeared in Niko's mobile phone, so I was like ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users