Quantcast

» «
Photo

Poll: Pay-Per-Play Events!

7 replies to this topic

Poll: If someone was to start hosting PpP Events on GTAF Would you participate? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

If someone was to start hosting PpP Events on GTAF Would you participate?

1. Yes, (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. No, (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Depends on the host, (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Depends on the event, (2 votes [13.33%])

5. Depends on the event, and host. (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. I'd be interested. (2 votes [13.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hey guys,

Basically if you don't know Play Per Play Events, are a huge thing in the competitive gaming world.

If you have no idea what they are allow me to summaries.

Basically all contestants must pay and entry fee and the winner of the contest earns a majority of the cash generated by the entry fee or what the host throws in.

Example;

16 players each player pays and entry fee of $5 dollars, That brings the pot total to $80 dollars.
Then event is played. The winners are announced and the cash MAY be split as such.
1st - $30, 2nd - $20, 3rd - $10, Leaving the host with a profit of $20 for own use or future events.

As I said above is merely an example.

--

I've taken part in many of these events over the years, and find them to be great, if the host can be trusted that is.

--

What do you guys think?

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I think thats cool idea but there are many problems like sending money to host and players, also some players may play not fair etc..

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 09:45)
I think thats cool idea but there are many problems like sending money to host and players, also some players may play not fair etc..

I know there are many possible issues,

But I'm talking hypothetically under down circumstances. icon14.gif

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

GTAIV is too hacker-ridden to even contemplate this suggestion. Unless the game is patched again and more regulated, no-one in their right mind would sign up to this.

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (EvilDog77 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 12:32)
GTAIV is too hacker-ridden to even contemplate this suggestion. Unless the game is patched again and more regulated, no-one in their right mind would sign up to this.

Not sure what you play on,

But on PSN GTA is a relatively clean game, besides turbo's but there easily detected.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (EvilDog77 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 12:32)

Thats the sole reason ClanBattles took it out of their league tables rampage_ani.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

The forum isn't big enough to do this. Nor could it ever be officiated adequately.

Already enough trouble is involved with trying to organise games, and once those games get played, teams are still disputing and arguing over it lol.gif True GTA players shouldn't need a cash prize to motivate them to play any way.

I've suggested to Rockstar Mouth Off a few times, to organise stuff themselves, they usually do a lot of "Play with Rockstar" events, but never actual competetive modes for the hardcore gamers to battle it out. It seems like they might be heading in that direction though, with the expansion of multiplayer in Max Payne 3 and the increasing amount of Rockstar Social Club interaction with multiplayer, as seen with RDR and now with this upcoming concept of "crews".
Maybe R* themselves will host cash prize competitions.

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx
  • xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Mr. Reaper.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

It's merely something that crossed my mind, as back in '08 The PS3 Leaderboards hosted many of them. biggrin.gif

I remember winning a pack of four GTA Skin controllers! :^;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users