» «
Photo

King of Fighters XIII

4 replies to this topic
Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:56 AM Edited by Benjimino234, 08 July 2013 - 11:17 AM.

user posted image

Developer: SNK Playmore
Publisher: SNK Playmore, Atlus, Rising Star Games
Director: Kei Yamamoto
Platform: Arcade, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS
Release date(s): Arcade - JP July 14, 2010
PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 - JP December 1, 2011, NA November 22, 2011, EU November 25, 2011
iOS - July 7, 2011
Genre: Fighting
Mode(s): Single Player, Multiplayer

user posted image
Deluxe Edition Shown

Released after The King of Fighters XII, this title significantly modifies the gameplay from its prequel, removing modes and adding ones that have been previously used in the series. It also expands the character roster, re-grouping the playable characters into three-member teams as in the previous installments. The game is set after the events from The King of Fighters XI and is also the conclusion of Ash Crimson's story arc, which started in The King of Fighters 2003. It follows another King of Fighters tournament secretly hosted by Those From the Past, the organization behind the events from the two previous games that are trying to break the seal of the demon Orochi and take its power.

Okay enough with the formalities, I personally love this game and very happy that I tried the demo and reignited my passion for fighting games and quickly purchased a deluxe edition. It comes with a cool poster and art CD, the soundtrack CDs are only for pre-orders. Apologies for any screen stretching, I just have a huge monitor so everything is fine on my end. I highly advise people to play this game and overall fighting games in general - gonna get my hands on Street Fighter x Tekken very soon! This game however has that very cool art style and the character sprites and backgrounds are amazing.

Here's some info on the game. It is strictly 2D and uses a 4 button layout (no medium punches or kicks, just light or heavy). The game has 31 playable characters and 36 if you count the 2 console exclusives and 3 DLC currently available. It is a 3v3 match with rounds and first player to KO all three of the opponents fighters win, this is NOT a tag team game however. It is a gauge based gameplay with the typical moves such as normals, unique moves (command normals), special moves, EX moves (suped up), Desperation moves (DM's or Super Special) and Neo Maxes (Ultimate Super). You can cancel (Drive Cancel, DC) special moves into other special moves by using a secondary gauge called the Hyper Drive Gauge. This is then also grants a special mode called Hyperdrve Mode where to can perform drive cancels for 10% of the bar instead of 50%. That's just the very basic explanation of the gameplay.

Multi is okay, not bustling and ranked matches bring out the pros that know fighting games. I would only consider myself a low-mid player, not too good but I think I can hold up for a short time.

My Current Character Developments
My Current Team:Kula Diamond, Saiki, Elisabeth
Other Used Characters: Ash Crimson, Billy Kane
Currently Learning/Experimenting With:Athena, Hwa Jai, Leona

Useful Links
Official Website --- Shoryuken XIII Character Strategy Guide --- SNK KoF XIII Wiki

Useful Videos

___ ___
------------ Information & Basic information -------------------------------------------------------- Explanation of engine and beginner game mechanics -------------------------------------- Combo explanation and Advanced game mechanics -------------

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Good game.. i liked the demo, but there ase too many game i will buy this year so i will probably wait for a price drop to get it

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:22 AM Edited by Benjimino234, 17 March 2012 - 10:30 AM.

I added useful links and videos. Those videos are really useful and gives you a pretty much full insight on gameplay and the engine. The links are very helpful too, the strategy guide is certainly a good read. Great way to learn a new character but I highly recommend just going into practise mode and spend a good 30 minutes or more doing EVERY move and discover links yourself before consulting guides and such. Currently learning and playing around with Vice, also wanted to learn a grappler and I'm shooting to finish story mode with Team Yagami after I did Team K' so might as well since I've already learnt a bit of Mature. I really want to make this topic presentable and appealing as it's a great game.

@Gtaghost22: There are certainly a lot of good games this year and other fighters too *cough* Street Fighter x Tekken *cough*. I could not find a copy of KoFXIII in any Australian stores, a very limited amount were shipped to Oz apparently. So I had to purchase from eBay. Got mine from a UK distributor (because they also use PAL video format) from $45 for a deluxe edition on the 360. Free postage too, so great deal - usual price was $60 from Australian sellers.

mykellhorror
  • mykellhorror

Hi. I'm Michael.

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I got it at Toys R Us. It was on sale for 19.99 new because it was labeled as KOF XII - the previous game in the series. It's a cool fighting game, but I've been playing more SFxTK since that came out. Still the characters are more diverse than I thought for the amount there are and there is a lot of good gameplay in this game. There are a lot of good fighting games coming out; this is one that is going to last for a long time.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm also gonna be getting my hands on SFxTK too, I was a big fan of Tekken 3 and was so glad that they used Yoshimitsu's Tekken 3 Outfit. Also I have vague memories of playing Tekken Tag so it'll be good to get back into Tag Team gameplay.

From what I've read KoFXII is very different from XIII, I've heard the Critical Counter, Deadlock (clash), and Guard Attack mechanics were kinda odd and wasn't received very well. Also I downloaded the trial of KoF2000 on XBLA and plan to purchase it, XIII used most of its mechanics to 2000 and '98 so I'd like to have a closer look also follow the story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users