Quantcast

» «
Photo

PC Requirements for GTA 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Will your PC meet the requirements? (321 member(s) have cast votes)

Will your PC meet the requirements?

1. Yes (Recommended Requirements) (126 votes [42.28%])

Percentage of vote: 42.28%

2. Yes (Minimum Requirements) (82 votes [27.52%])

Percentage of vote: 27.52%

3. No (90 votes [30.20%])

Percentage of vote: 30.20%

Vote
Rede
  • Rede

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

As the console specifications haven't changed, nor will the pc requirements.

I have an AMD dual core 2.7ghz processor, 4gb memory and geforce 9800gt graphics. IV plays smoothly with most settings on high, so I'd expect V to perform about the same.

CDT_boss
  • CDT_boss

Just Chillin' N Cruisin'

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

I hope GTA V is being developed for PC and just ported over to consoles because consoles SUCK! I was a console player (PS3) but have since 14. of November last year converted to PC on my 55 inch TV and the graphics and performance BLOWS consoles out of the water! GTA IV looks amazing on PC and I can even play it in 3d with 3d glasses. I use PS3 controller hooked to my PC which recognizes it as a xbox controller through the program motioninjoy and sit comfortably in my stressless! PC ftw no doubt in hell brothas! Because PC has no limits!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:10 AM Edited by Slamman, 18 March 2012 - 03:21 AM.

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 08:11)
My PC is really good at handling this website and my course work. colgate.gif   My Xbox 360 will easily handle GTA5.

On a more serious note, I might try this PC gaming stuff if it becomes cheaper because it sounds pretty satisfying.

My point is plug and play consoles are what makes them the ideal gaming device, software matching to hardware is not a problem for gamers to struggle with. The Mod community really makes the PC end drool-worthy
I have the previous PC versions of GTA, pre-GTAIV... EfLC.
No one can really brag about how graphically superior they are, they just aren't any more impressive then the console variety, there are improvements, but nothing like iCEnhancer, let's be honest..

@Abottig
I still say Pentium D is a step up from single core Hyper Threaded, it will be a weaker component in a complete system with better PCIe GPU card, but it will replace the single core in a chipset that supports it, 945 up from 915 as far as Intel based systems
It WILL RUN GTA IV/EfLC, it did run it slow, and lagged, but it ran. I had lagging with San An as well, so there is another problem not related to lack of three cores or more

\/ I went over this with you prior to your post below, the reason Core2 is different, A redesign of the die situation and NetBurst being abandoned.
The FSB was increased around 1000Mhz. My older systems were running at 533Mhz, like the Core Duo I have at the moment. I plan to move up to a faster supported FSB C2D, and I DO plan to run GTA for PC on my laptop using MXM II graphics, it's dating to 2007. As I said before, the consoles, the game development date back several years, so it was NOT MADE for future hardware that didn't even exist. I know the Xbox is 3 core, but the Cell is a different "bird" altogether
Pentium D is something I would advise if you come across it, in lieu of single core or C2D/Q
If you have 775 and supporting chipset, all that is key to the component build, not to mention PSU

======

The difference between core2quad and core2duo when it comes to IV is night and day.

Pentium D isn't even in the conversation. You may think the "design" is similar because they are lga775 based, but you are totally wrong.

IV will NOT run on a Pentium D. And anyone pairing a P-D with a modern GPU is wasting money. It's like installing nitrous on a beat-up 98 Sentra.

I wen

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I saw a video (maybe fake) in which gta 4 was played are a bad quality with Pentium card.
Gta 5 also needs a good CPU.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I guess I'll be in the recommended requirements, which is a shame seeing as I should be able to run something like GTAV on med-high settings if they'd just try to optimize it.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:11 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

I have the minimum, er, recommended card, I believe the nVidia 8600GT IS THAT CARD, and better video Ram then 256 or 128 dedicated to the card.
In fact, running the card on my Windows 7 and 8 testbeds, I see it effectively doubling the Ram, 1GB

I'd add that there are ways to do 3 or 4 graphic card (GPU) boards as well, and the 8600GT and some GTX cards are affordable, at least under $100
The Pentium D is dual core, and as such, the main attributes is that it should work twice as well as a single core, and support Hyper Threading, overclocking (with temps in control!!!) and a good clock speed. There's no reason the P-D chip should be lousy at gaming. GTA for PC since Vice has had problems moving at a good speed, the modifications for iCE use the Shaders and PC ability to scale performance, but some modders have worked on scaling the game back for lesser performance rigs
The fact is people who use the PC version do cover a large gamut of particulars, as much as the rigs themselves. Just as you may spend all you earn on a car you own, you can do the same with respect to PC gaming

I prefer to score a deal and brag on making things work that you might not suspect, those are better bragging rights then having more money then God!

@DrJohn, I suspect you mean the Graphics Media Accelerator Intel, integrated graphics on the Intel end. I read that the additions to the Ivy Bridge GPU in CPU will now be on par to what AMD has been doing, so suspect AMD rigs may be working well with integrated graphics, the most current AMD I have is for DDR, AMD64 on the 939 socket, but still, it can run a dual core, once I get one, and it's always had good critical review on those FX chipsets, like the 50 and 60s

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Slamman)
I still say Pentium D is a step up from single core Hyper Threaded

monocle.gif Really? How did you figure that out?

QUOTE (Slamman)
...it will be a weaker component in a complete system with better PCIe GPU card, but it will replace the single core in a chipset that supports it, 945 up from 915 as far as Intel based systems

Are you posting this while drunk from the year 2005?

QUOTE (Slamman)
It WILL RUN GTA IV/EfLC, it did run it slow, and lagged, but it ran. I had lagging with San An as well, so there is another problem not related to lack of three cores or more

Slow and lagged = Unplayable. What is your definition of "runs"? Your P-D even has trouble with San An? Geez.

QUOTE (Slamman)
I went over this with you prior to your post below, the reason Core2 is different, A redesign of the die situation and NetBurst being abandoned.
The FSB was increased around 1000Mhz. My older systems were running at 533Mhz, like the Core Duo I have at the moment. I plan to move up to a faster supported FSB C2D, and I DO plan to run GTA for PC on my laptop using MXM II graphics, it's dating to 2007. As I said before, the consoles, the game development date back several years, so it was NOT MADE for future hardware that didn't even exist. I know the Xbox is 3 core, but the Cell is a different "bird" altogether

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

QUOTE (Slamman)
Pentium D is something I would advise if you come across it, in lieu of single core or C2D/Q
If you have 775 and supporting chipset, all that is key to the component build, not to mention PSU

Wh-wh-whaaaat?! You are RECOMMENDING a Pentium D over a Core2Duo/Quad?! Am I being trolled here?

Please stop spreading false, dimwitted techno-babble. Thanks.

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

I think anyone with a quad core with 3 or more gigahertz clockspeed, 4gb or more ram, a graphics card costing 200+ should be able to run the game on recommended. Anything less will range between that and minimum. People who's pc's can't even handle on minimum would be playing on consoles anyway. Most modern games now use more than 2 cores so I can't see why gta5 wont.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 15:11)
I prefer to score a deal and brag on making things work that you might not suspect, those are better bragging rights then having more money then God!

Updating your PC with modern components costs more money than God has?

In the past two years I have spent $250 total on my PC. That was to upgrade the GPU.

Next year I plan on upgrading my whole platform. That should cost around $800. Then, two years later, I'll probably update my GPU again(maybe $250-300).

I could work at McDonalds and still afford that (I mean no disrespect whatsoever to anyone working at McDonalds).

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:19 AM Edited by Slamman, 19 March 2012 - 03:54 AM.

Yes, bragging about how you update to the latest greatest twice a year, or even every year says to me you have more money then God! hahaha

You seriously have a bug in your butt about Pentium D, I ask what led to that? The first Intel dual core less then fill the bill?
In competing with AMD they always did this CLOCK race, then they had to go back to the drawing board, but another deficiency is cost, the cost and the race against AMD led to the P-D design flaws, but I read that Tualatin core Pentium 3 was the basis in rethinking the premise of a dual core (Core2 design), and the Core2Quad Q8200 I bought is among the second gen 4 cores, Yorkfield codename (see below links)
It's hard to remember all these spec roadmaps, but again, bashing the P-D with regard to it's GTA 4 performance is not enough to convince me it's Intel's fault. You'd be better off blaming Intel for it's Integrated Graphics, which were "Extreme" without being Extreme, that's the joke, right there.

I never recommended PentiumD over Core2. You mock me without understanding the points I'm making. Again, I am referring to anything capable to install and run a PC game, not the latest NEW hardware, but any upgrades covers 2005 onward. If you have prior to 2005, it should run San Andreas, but will require the best of the hardware of that time frame, which is affordable by today's standards

It's logical for anyone who doesn't plays Cat and Mouse games in PC. You, sir, are still a PC Elitist, I am not

As I was saying, I don't have a link to put here, but there's a solution for downgrading a Mod in addition to GTA IV on PC that will allow it to run at a better clip on systems with less muscle. It likely filters textures a bit, but again, if the game would run marginally in line with the aging console versions, there wouldn't be so much guess work and complaining. GTA III runs on just about all standard computers, and many people still love that game, it could use some spit and polish, but the spirit of GTA gaming takes form on the lowly gaming end, like Lemmings did! I think Rockstar are looking into making it work in more harmony with PCs that regulars users have.

When I bought my first machine I was in the dark, I had three PCI slots on an eMachine board, I paid $600 plus on it, and I did not relish paying another $500 for a gaming graphics card. Most people want years of service from their electronics, like their TV and DVD player, that's the way I look at it.

My best gaming 775 CPU;
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115055
Notice it is 45nm, Intel's moving down to 22nm with Ivy Bridge
Some 775 won't support dual core, some won't support the die shrinkage either, so you have to be aware, this socket covers a lot of ground
http://www.legitrevi.../article/896/1/

The best boards I got were in light of the recession, which is STILL a factor, read the review it even mentions the current economic crunch dating to 2009!
It was bad and remains bad, only this year do we see a dent being made, that's why the 10 year span for consoles fits a logical model for Sony and MS, the new OS Win8 doesn't look to be a major MUST BUY
It does support Direct X 11 with it's default driver I noticed though

http://en.wikipedia......architecture)

As I was saying, pre Core2, look at this, how aged NetBurst is!! ^

http://en.wikipedia....microprocessors

Notice you have a good reference time line chart, shows the Extreme Edition P-Ds were priced at $1000, which has always been the TOP cost CPUs I've seen.
Mine maybe 2005/06 models, one I bought, the other I just found, 2.8/3.2 Ghz
You can see that heat is a major player, that they were basically gluing two single Preslers together, making even more heat in the process! haha

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

check my sig wink.gif recommended all the way.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (wildstyle91 @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 04:10)
I think anyone with a quad core with 3 or more gigahertz clockspeed, 4gb or more ram, a graphics card costing 200+ should be able to run the game on recommended. Anything less will range between that and minimum. People who's pc's can't even handle on minimum would be playing on consoles anyway. Most modern games now use more than 2 cores so I can't see why gta5 wont.

What's your CPU? Mine didn't come in Recommeded for GTA 4 because I have i3 and not i5. GTA 5 itself will be i5 and recommended will be i7.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:10 AM Edited by Slamman, 19 March 2012 - 06:11 AM.

3Ghz plus Clock speed is the BRUTE FORCE of Intel and AMD in the old RACE wars, as the articles note, this caused more problems and it's widely reported, you can have a more efficient and effective CPU without major clock speeds, while they are important, and fodder for over-clocking techies, it's not a requirement to have the highest clocking ram or CPU
Having extra cache, the system can buffer any work it's doing, whether that's HDD, CPU, RAM, or even if you can get SSD or Flash RAM to serve as an active memory buffer, the system will run with less bottlenecks

http://en.wikipedia....roarchitecture)

Notice that Core2 seemingly ends with the newer i3/i5/i7?!

My Core Duo I have in my Acer laptop is a Yonah, but based on the Front Side Bus, chipset (945) and the socket (479), I can manage an upgrade to Core2Duo T7600, the best CPU for that Intel chipset. Once a new iteration is announced, at least you have some finite number of choices before you're left buying and building a new platform. Each one might present a NEW OS challenge, keep in mind, that's also costly!

@DJMiikii, you need a newer ATI HD Radeon, if you ask me, I have an HD5450, cost about $40, and that's what they still sell for, if not less. It's getting long in the tooth man!

@Dr John, I asked Mkay82 about the i3 versus C2Q, he thinks there will be a slight performance improvement, as to which I should go with, but I'm opting to keep the Core2Quad in service, for one thing, the 1156 and the higher count mobo socket of the time is now discontinued, never to be supported again, so sad!
BUT, the new Intel MULTI CORE design will have some nice benefits, The Ivy Bridge or successive dies will allow the processing cores to sleep if they are not required, or awake from low power mode to handle single core processing, At least as I read it, the multiple cores will handle the work load better, so they aren't going to waste, and they will do more then in the past. Multithreaded apps used to be a pre-requisite for making use of things like HTT

For kicks and if you enjoy seeing reviews of these tech parts, Anandtech is one very revered site, as such, here they look at Dothan and Yonah CPUs, both of which I've been using. I've even opted to test drive Windows 8 on my Dell D800 Precision end M60 notebook! Using a SATA to PATA adapter, it proves interesting!
I also will likely use Windows 7/8 on the just as unfriendly to new Windows, Acer Aspire 4710, the Yonah OEM notebook, but unlike the Dell models with Mobile P chips, the Acer can handle a FSB increase!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/1880

I'll advise anyone to get some info on what you have before you casually replace it, you might never know you have a sleeping giant. You also might miss a key spec on something you're thinking of buying, and find out it's not all that after you purchase.

Follow this link, XBOX fanboyz!
http://www.anandtech.com/show/1865/4

Consider the dates, the upgrade, the socket sizes, and the lifespan for PS3 and Xbox, and, don't forget to consider the software implemented to console and PC, again the dates and tech play into this. It's important to note that because something came out in 2005 doesn't mean that two years later it's lost it's lease on life

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Slamman)
Yes, bragging about how you update to the latest greatest twice a year, or even every year says to me you have more money then God! hahaha

Can you even see the rig in my sig? Latest and greatest? Nothing in my rig has ever been "latest and greatest". It's simply modern hardware for modern games. Again, In the past two years I have spent $250 total on my PC. That was to upgrade the GPU. I could afford that if I was working at McDonalds part-time. And this thing will play IV, Skyrim, BF3, etc at 40-60fps @ 1080.

So, yes; you could say that I am bragging about what a great value I'm getting for my money. Something you claim to be great at.

QUOTE (Slamman)
You seriously have a bug in your butt about Pentium D, I ask what led to that? The first Intel dual core less then fill the bill?
In competing with AMD they always did this CLOCK race, then they had to go back to the drawing board, but another deficiency is cost, the cost and the race against AMD led to the P-D design flaws, but I read that Tualatin core Pentium 3 was the basis in rethinking the premise of a dual core (Core2 design), and the Core2Quad Q8200 I bought is among the second gen 4 cores, Yorkfield codename (see below links)
It's hard to remember all these spec roadmaps, but again, bashing the P-D with regard to it's GTA 4 performance is not enough to convince me it's Intel's fault. You'd be better off blaming Intel for it's Integrated Graphics, which were "Extreme" without being Extreme, that's the joke, right there.

You're babbling again about God-knows-what. The Pentium D is worth about $20-$60, and is a TOTAL FAIL when it comes to playing MODERN GAMES(GTA IV, Skyrim, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Wii/PS2 emulators, BF3, MP3, etc) at a PLAYABLE frame rate.

QUOTE (Slamman)
You, sir, are still a PC Elitist, I am not

Again, check the specs in my sig. What is elite about modest hardware??? The highest cost piece of hardware I purchased was the $250 GPU(last year), which falls squarely in the mid-range.

QUOTE (Slamman)
When I bought my first machine I was in the dark, I had three PCI slots on an eMachine board, I paid $600 plus on it, and I did not relish paying another $500 for a gaming graphics card. Most people want years of service from their electronics, like their TV and DVD player, that's the way I look at it.

You are STILL in the dark. Who puts a $500 card in a $600 eMachine?! And on what planet are the number of PCI slots relevant to the discussion? My $250 GPU will last me a total of 2 years before I need to upgrade (to keep pace with modern games @1920x1080).

I cannot even respond to the rest of your post... Babbling about NetBurst, GTA III, and the recession... Who cares?

Also, the advice you are giving people in your other posts is confusing to everyone. Please stop doing that.

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 13:10)
@DJMiikii, you need a newer ATI HD Radeon, if you ask me, I have an HD5450, cost about $40, and that's what they still sell for, if not less. It's getting long in the tooth man!

Dude, these two cards equal a GTX 580. I do NOT need to upgrade. However I am thinking of upgrading to a GTX 680 when it comes out in the coming month or two.

treyarchz
  • treyarchz

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Meh I've Got A Pc And Ps3 But There Are Some many Cheaters On Pc So Ps3 I'm on more

koothara
  • koothara

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

My phenom 955 and ATI 5750 handled GTA 4 well.My guess is anyone with a quad core processor,4GB or higher RAM and a decent card like GTX 460 or higher can play the V smoothly.(I also hope they will do the port nicely this time).

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:14 PM Edited by Slamman, 20 March 2012 - 01:13 AM.

With regard to Rockstar, the specifics of this forum and the thread, The idea I was showing is that the time frame includes PC and console hardware, that the game is still dispatched on this SAME hardware, and in effect, it does work like a computer, albeit differently, the major components are the same. What reasons are there for keeping RDR off PC? What is the reasoning that the PC version suffers from that of Next Gen consoles? To say, oh, the Pentium D? Oh, the AMD64 x2?? All that dated PC hardware is the problem?? Really? My point is it shouldn't be, as long as Shader Model and API are supported, the game should be adapting properly to run on various vendor's wares (PC side)

@Abottig, I was thinking you had an i7, regardless, I never spent $200 or more on a graphics card, I paid over $100 on a GPU when I got a 9250, that card also was a bad decision, buying an 1156 mobo upgrade, fast discarded by Intel for Sandy Bridge, I mention the eMachine back in 2000, graphics cards were priced at several hundred back then, that's the point I'm talking about, it's entirely factual. A PC newb would think they could game and do other things on PC as it is multitasking regardless of having the newest tech, it's very nature is to run ALL TYPES of software, that's why it's multi tasking, not just running more then one at one time, which MMX is really brought out to address

Pentium D is two CPUs in one, therefore it should offer twice as much processing power, as is having two GPUs in SLi or Crossfire, however, the theory doesn't actually work in practice.
Just crying foul on the framerate may advise someone on your findings, but it doesn't address the real problem. My links address what problems are known regarding the CPU or hardware, if you stop to think about that for a moment

If gaming is your sole intent on PC, yeah, it's not a bad path to follow, but upgrading even every two years is not a tantalizing prospect... Ask any console owner if they would like to do that, I suspect NOT.

To addendum, if your mobo is using or came with Pentium D, you can sell that at present since they ARE still in demand, it would be worth something to someone not playing GTA, but say, Media for HD, HTPC type stuff. Video encoding/decoding
The chipset in that board should support a jump up to Core2

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 13:14)
If gaming is your sole intent on PC, yeah, it's not a bad path to follow...

suicidal.gif

Obviously, gaming is my priority. Just look at my sig, and the point of the OP.

Behind me is a P4 w/HT that my GF and daughter use when Daddy is gaming on the main rig.

Glad we cleared this up.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (abottig @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 05:36)

suicidal.gif

Behind me is a P4 w/HT that my GF and daughter use when Daddy is gaming on the main rig.

Glad we cleared this up.

Oh yeah, I'm sorry for you but that monitor, case and headphones won't run GTA V biggrin.gif LoL I mean come on why do people post such unuseful info, like the monitor or headphones will make a difference in the performance of the games. It's just plain clear boasting.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (chasez @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 02:53)
It's just plain clear boasting.

nerds gotta' brag about somethin' wink.gif

jesusismyairbag
  • jesusismyairbag

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

GTX 560ti, AMD 965 BE 4.0 GHz, 8GB RAM 1tb, 7200rpm HDD. i hope atleast medium, i have a 360 too, so...

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:01 PM Edited by JohnnyBNL, 20 March 2012 - 12:04 PM.

I think minimum requirements will be:

2.6 Quad Core
6GB DDR3
DirectX 11 (i hope)
15 - 16 GB Free Disk Space & 18 - 19 GB for the digital version (steam).

+ Very important: Xbox 360 Controller For Windows support.

deathdiggerswe
  • deathdiggerswe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I booked V on both PC and xbox 360, the day it was available at my fav. retailers website. Sometime between the game's announcement and it's #1 trailer.

Yep.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (chasez @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 05:53)

suicidal.gif

Glad we cleared this up.

Oh yeah, I'm sorry for you but that monitor, case and headphones won't run GTA V biggrin.gif LoL I mean come on why do people post such unuseful info, like the monitor or headphones will make a difference in the performance of the games. It's just plain clear boasting.

You are sort of correct. Monitor resolution is directly tied to the performance of your GPU, which has an enormous effect on the performance of games. Also, items like audiophile headphones, Dolby headphone amps, and 1080p+ monitors have a tremendous effect on the performance of the gamer. More pixels = I can see more than others can. Audiophile headphones with MixAmp = I can hear everything around me that others cannot.

A lot of geeky research, bargain hunting, and tweaking goes into building my rigs, so I do reserve the right to brag a little bit.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:39 AM Edited by chasez, 21 March 2012 - 02:40 AM.

QUOTE (abottig @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 00:01)

suicidal.gif

Glad we cleared this up.

You are sort of correct. Monitor resolution is directly tied to the performance of your GPU, which has an enormous effect on the performance of games. Also, items like audiophile headphones, Dolby headphone amps, and 1080p+ monitors have a tremendous effect on the performance of the gamer. More pixels = I can see more than others can. Audiophile headphones with MixAmp = I can hear everything around me that others cannot.

A lot of geeky research, bargain hunting, and tweaking goes into building my rigs, so I do reserve the right to brag a little bit.

I agree that it will help YOU to play the game but they have nothing to do with performing the game. A good CRT monitor will be able to show resolutions like 1600 1200 but gpu is the one that shows you the video in the best resolution it can deliver. The same goes for the audio, it doesn't matter what kind of speakers or headphones you have, if you have a bad sound card or no sound card at all they don't matter and there IS difference between integrated audio and sound card audio quality. So that info is still really useless.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Not everyone inquiring or as a GTA fan bought their laptop or computer for gaming, get that right at least. The idea you need dual core to do digital photo work and YouTube is nonsense, always has been. I'm able to do flash video on an original Pentium, 100Mhz! This is not a shock to me since I do test the stuff I get. The frame rate and other issues of GTA don't matter solely on weak gaming rigs, they matter on many systems people are confronted with

Karter28
  • Karter28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I might be okay? Im running gta 4 alright, nothing spectacular, but it is playable.

i3@ 3.02 ghz
GT 430
4 GB

Do you think it will be okay for gta 5?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (Karter28 @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 12:25)

i3@ 3.02 ghz

Not sure it will run on i3. confused.gif

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (chasez @ Tuesday, Mar 20 2012, 21:39)
QUOTE (abottig @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 00:01)

suicidal.gif

Glad we cleared this up.

I agree that it will help YOU to play the game but they have nothing to do with performing the game. A good CRT monitor will be able to show resolutions like 1600 1200 but gpu is the one that shows you the video in the best resolution it can deliver. The same goes for the audio, it doesn't matter what kind of speakers or headphones you have, if you have a bad sound card or no sound card at all they don't matter and there IS difference between integrated audio and sound card audio quality. So that info is still really useless.

No. As far as monitor resolution goes, it has an ENORMOUS effect on the fps that your GPU can push.

Including the monitor resolution in my sig is relevant. It tells you the type of performance you can expect from the GPU. For example if I had a 2560x1600 screen, I would need a much better GPU to achieve playable fps with eye candy turned all the way up. The res also affects the player's performance.

As far as audio affecting fps, you are correct, that is irrelevant. It only affects the players performance.

And overall the info is only as useful as the person reading it believes it to be. I feel that it is totally relevant. You may not, and that's fine. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users