Photo

Save Game

4 replies to this topic
zooty2
  • zooty2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

OK, so I'm way behind the time. At least I'm not wearing a puffed-up mullet with a short-sleeved jacket, right?

I decided to hit up all the hidden packages so I could get the tank and hunter. I used the map from g-unleashed, starting at 1 and crossing them off as I went. I had already got about 30 which complicated things a little because I didn't hit item 90 until I got to item 92 from the map. Whoops. Well, rather than go around all the items on the map again, I decided to try and take the easy way. Unfortunately, the save-game editor would not load the game files (neither on Windows 7 or XP) so no go there. So I found the save game format and wrote a Perl script which looks through the save game file and creates a png which marks uncollected hidden packages in white, collected items in red and every other pickup in blue. (No map but you can make it out from the shape of the items)

If anyone cares for the code, I could post it up. Though I'm sure everyone here has their hunters by now. smile.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Nice idea, but this game is old, and most players (like me) should know the packages by memory. Still it would be cool for new players, if any.

zooty2
  • zooty2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

I bought it because steam had it pretty cheap so there may be new players. The code is a bit ropey but it works. I'll tidy it a little and post it up.

auto123
  • auto123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

I bought it, Thanks

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, release this! It's right what I need!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users