Photo

Thermaltake Frio VS Cooler Master V6GT

10 replies to this topic
kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

I am looking for a CPU cooler that is around 50 dollars. I am planning to either get the thermaltake frio or the cooler master v6gt. Which one is better? Is there any other CPU cooler that I should consider? Any other suggestions?

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, good price and gets the job done.
http://www.newegg.co...x...per 212 evo

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

I own both brands, I'd say Cooler Master I'm in favor of, Thermaltake has some cheap designs, more so then CoolerMaster, but if you spend more, you can move up their product line, but they both will work, and they both offer suitable cooling

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

I personally love my Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7, rev1 on my old Q8200 and rev2 on my now i7-2600K. Super quiet, and I have it running at full speed instead of mobo/BIOS controlled. Keep the CPUs nice and cool while under load which is of course what you really want.

My suggestion is this. Any time you want to learn "is this product right for me" then just do a Google search for the product name and add "review" to the end.
Example: Thermaltake Frio review
See what the pros, the people that test products for a living, have to say. But don't rule out looking at the user reviews at places like Amazon and Newegg. Even if you're not in the USA or some place that Amazon, Newegg and others ship to, that's not the point of going there. It's for their user reviews.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:06 AM Edited by Slamman, 16 March 2012 - 05:10 AM.

Isn't what I have for C2Q the same as yours, Wolf? I still get that fan error with mine, but I haven't got an "X" backplate to screw into, however, I was swapping CPUs to get that Core2Quad out and into the P5Q Asus, so I got the front part of the HSF! hahaha

Another side note, My earlier problem playing Ballad of Gay Tony on the Asus, with 3.2 Pentium D is some nasty heat from the HSF area, and it shutting down on me as I tried to game-play. I am convinced this is because the HSF Intel offered has those push and lock plastic pins and just was not staying secure, Even with a fan error, my board is running cool.

Still wound up with several BSOD today, it really seemed like a USB error since I was accessing memory flash drives and not playing any vid games on it

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Please don't try to jack someone else's topic.
I told you before to create your own topic for this.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Stinky12 @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 17:03)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, good price and gets the job done.
http://www.newegg.co...x...per 212 evo

Yes, this heatsink and fan combo is fantastic.
It brought my temps down from 88c @2.4GHz max to 54c @ 3.0GHz max.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:52 AM Edited by Slamman, 18 March 2012 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE (Wolf68k @ Friday, Mar 16 2012, 19:28)
Please don't try to jack someone else's topic.
I told you before to create your own topic for this.

It's all related to the cooler, man, can't you grasp that point?!?!

As for the above article mentioned, I'll confess it was Maximum PC, but their Heat Sink Fan shootout included a variety of 2011 socket choices, ranging from $30 dollars to $130. Guess who scored their favored KICK ASS 9 rating? A $35 Cooler Master fan heat sink assembly!
I bought a Cooler Master case for my 1156 board, and it's a damn nice case, me thinks, it's small and light, but they seem to have removed it from sale. I got mine, went back to MC and they had no more to offer, they were about $35 for that case model, entry level but not a rip off by any stretch. Some cases you get a PSU included, for the right price and wattage, it's worth it. Others you may demand screwless access or ease and options for mounting, and front facing controls, for mine, there's an eSATA and Firewire port not used, blocked off with plastic knockoff panels. I sadly can't use those without header attachments and a PCI card!

@wolfy, I got your PM, you still missed the boat. Today I was looking at an article on cooling fans, HSF assemblies for the new Intel 2011 socket, those that don't require a Crossbar (lower screw mounts below the motherboard), About time they addressed this, my problem I am and have been relating is based on a THRU THE HOLE HSF assembly method we all should be somewhat familiar with, Push in plastic knobs, turn-key left and right a quarter turn to lock them down, this method puts MUCH MORE pressure on your mobo installing then a Crossbar used with normal screws locked to a modest degree of tightness. I would advise anyone doing what I did to make sure you back up the rear of your board with something NON damaging or conductive, a brace of plastic, or wood, as you install the front HSF fixture.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Get this instead.

Better than both the Frio and V6 GT.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'd go for Thermalright Macho (basically a cheaper HR-02 with included fan), it's incredibly good value. wink.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:47 PM Edited by Slamman, 20 March 2012 - 03:48 AM.

I'm just thinking Thermaltake if you're strapped, but I'm not inclined to think they're better.
[And Wolf, don't bother PMing when you're blocking me, and you're drunk and angry. I'm not bitter, angry, or have patience for those who are]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users