Photo

Just got TLAD & BOGT, help please

13 replies to this topic
CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Didn't see a thread about this, apologies if there is one that i missed...

Just picked up GTA IV: Liberty City Stories, which has both TLAD & BOGT on it. I know TLAD came out first, but I've just heard so many good things about BOGT since I became a member on this site that I want to play that one first. My question is, does it really matter if I play BOGT first? Or is there a pretty good storyline that I'll be messing up that way?

I know those diamonds from GTA IV are a theme throughout all 3 and finally get solved in BOGT, but I'm fine enough with that. If thats all it is, I don't care. Would you say I'm fine doing it in the reverse order, or would you really recommend I play TLAD first? Thanks guys.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City*

I recommend playing TLaD first, yes, but I think you should be fine with TBoGT as the first one.

Doo
  • Doo

Eat it!

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

If you know what's going to happen at the end, play whatever you want first.
I would recommend you to play TLaD first if you didn't knew about the diamonds, but it doesn't matter anymore.

My opinion (most of the people thinks otherwise) is that the history of The Lost and Damned is better than the plot of The Ballad of Gay Tony, but TBoGT is much funnier, it has more weapons, more vehicles, more side activities.
But the order you play'em doesn't really matter if you know the end. They are both amazing and complete the original story perfectly.
You spent your money very well buying it. wink.gif

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I really recomend to play TLaD first, it has amazing storyline and it just came out first, TBoGT is overated, TLaD is much better in my opinion and it has much better multiplayer. TLaD is pretty heavy game and when you finish it TBoGT become fun and different which makes it even better than, when you finish TBoGT fist and than go to TLaD you can say "f*ck it, this game sucks" and go back to TBoGT, anyway if you really want to play TBoGT you can finish TLaD storyline very quickly just in few days becouse its just about 20 missions

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 21:46)
I really recomend to play TLaD first, it has amazing storyline and it just came out first, TBoGT is overated, TLaD is much better in my opinion and it has much better multiplayer. TLaD is pretty heavy game and when you finish it TBoGT become fun and different which makes it even better than, when you finish TBoGT fist and than go to TLaD you can say "f*ck it, this game sucks" and go back to TBoGT, anyway if you really want to play TBoGT you can finish TLaD storyline very quickly just in few days becouse its just about 20 missions

I agree,If you wanna know everything about the storylines play TLAD first then play TBoGT,you gonna see how they fit together,it's amazing!

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks guys, been super busy the past couple days, totally forgot I even wrote this haha.

BOGT it is! Then maybe TLAD later, just never really cared much about bikers. Plus I hear the city looks crappy in that one. I'm sure I'll check it out at some point though. I've only played BOGT for about an hour and already loving it, the Vice City music station with Fernando rules!

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:24 PM Edited by Wass, 16 March 2012 - 09:30 PM.

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Friday, Mar 16 2012, 20:59)
Thanks guys, been super busy the past couple days, totally forgot I even wrote this haha.

BOGT it is!  Then maybe TLAD later, just never really cared much about bikers. Plus I hear the city looks crappy in that one.  I'm sure I'll check it out at some point though.  I've only played BOGT for about an hour and already loving it, the Vice City music station with Fernando rules!

I deleted my savegames and I restarted the game from the begin,I was playnig it about 10 minutes ago,and I let me tell you something,go to one of tony's clubs and perfectly dance with a girl,and see what will happend! colgate.gif

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Haha done and done...I think the best part was when I heard the stall next to me had a similar situation going down. That club rules.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 06:52)
Haha done and done...I think the best part was when I heard the stall next to me had a similar situation going down. That club rules.

I didn't mean that thing,if they(luis and his girl) go to the batroom that means you didn't did well at the partner dance,you have to practice to unlock the xxxx xxxxx colgate.gif

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Haha really? Man, if your reward for sucking on the dancefloor is a bathroom hows your father, what's she going to do to me if I do impress her? I wish ever girl at the clubs shared her mentality...

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Monday, Mar 19 2012, 14:56)
Haha really? Man, if your reward for sucking on the dancefloor is a bathroom hows your father, what's she going to do to me if I do impress her? I wish ever girl at the clubs shared her mentality...

Well that's what gonna happend!
tounge.gif

Davis202
  • Davis202

LSPD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

MULTIPLAYER: Weapons and Shooting.

Pistol - Every bullet that hits takes away 2HP, the rate of fire is slow, so you can always do the rapid-fire trick. (Crouch button repeatedly + Shoot)

Shotguns: Aim for the chest; its a 1 hit kill. Its a fast shotgun too, so use it for close quarters.

SMGs:... Aim for the head

LMG: Aim for the head, Keep recoil stable by shooting manually...

STICKY GRENADES: Do what ever you want with them... its all about timing, the fast ticking takes 2 seconds, so detonate before 2 seconds.

Sniper:... i'm sorry but.. its hard confused.gif you'll need experience, (Use the lines in the scope when shooting a moving target)

Bleh,

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for all the info guys! cookie.gif

...and one last question, since the BOGT Cheats thread is a ghost town; can you still beat the game 100% while using cheats like in GTA IV? Or have they changed it for these spin-offs? Just beat story mode cheat free, now I want to punish this town with an iron fist while I push for the 100%.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 20:59)
Thanks for all the info guys! cookie.gif

...and one last question, since the BOGT Cheats thread is a ghost town; can you still beat the game 100% while using cheats like in GTA IV? Or have they changed it for these spin-offs? Just beat story mode cheat free, now I want to punish this town with an iron fist while I push for the 100%.

No you can't,if you activate a cheat during a mission,you won't get any resaults,the mission won't pass and you get"CHEAT" instead of resaults.
but if you need cheats you have to enable them before starting a mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users