Camera Tweak Mod

6 replies to this topic
Foruman
  • Foruman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hello All,

I have no idea why my other post was locked since I was looking for a tweak to fix the camera system for the game, and the category that I posted in clearly states that if you looking for tweaks and fixes, post it there. I'm also not sure why it was locked instead of moved, because I'm still not sure if this is the right category anymore. But anyways, here's my question:

I was just wondering, is there a mod/script that prevents the camera from returning to its "default" position after several seconds of inactivity of the mouse but continuous player movement? It seems that the camera always loves to go a bit too low for my taste when it is in 3rd person view behind the car, and so I have to constantly move the mouse up to get it to a good angle. Also, if I use the First Person mod and look around while in a car, the camera will always go back to the forward direction as well, much like it does when looking at the car from the 3rd person view.

I've found several mods that don't work really well. They edit the vehoff.csv file and just lock the camera to the suspension of the vehicle you're in. So, there's a "bumpy" effect while you are driving. I want to know if there's a mod that prevents the camera from moving on its own after a few seconds of inactivity from your mouse. If not, does anyone think they can develop one? This game is going to be 4 years old now, so I expected someone to have fixed the stupid camera system by now.

This is very annoying, especially when I'm trying to record videos in FRAPS and want a constant camera angle or something like that while driving. Is there a way to stop the camera from moving back to its default position? I've tried looking online for any mods that may do this, and so far haven't found any. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

MonkeyMan_420
  • MonkeyMan_420

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

i just change the camera to the next setting where it zooms out from default position, but ur right default camera when u get in car obstructs your vision

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yeah OP I agree, it's a bit of a head scratcher. I see some really deep, intuitive mods on here yet things like this are ignored.
o_0 xD

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Foruman @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 00:31)
I have no idea why my other post was locked

Because you posted in the wrong section. Troubleshooting section is ONLY for unmodded games.

Foruman
  • Foruman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:24 AM Edited by Foruman, 19 March 2012 - 12:27 AM.

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ Sunday, Mar 18 2012, 00:57)
QUOTE (Foruman @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 00:31)
I have no idea why my other post was locked

Because you posted in the wrong section. Troubleshooting section is ONLY for unmodded games.

Yeah, but there could have been tweaks to the game settings and/or files as opposed to script mods. That section specifically said to post if you're looking for tweaks, which I am. So, I see nothing wrong with posting there to begin with, as I do have an unmodified game that is looking for a camera tweak of some sort. So I don't see how your argument adds up...

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 23:33)
Yeah OP I agree, it's a bit of a head scratcher. I see some really deep, intuitive mods on here yet things like this are  ignored.
o_0 xD

Right, staying on topic, I am very lost as to why someone hasn't created a camera tweak yet. I think there's no hope for one though, as GTA V will be coming soon and the modding community will all flock over that game instead. Hopefully, Rockstar Games will learn from its mistakes (and that's a very BIG hope, lol).

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Tweak = Modification

Its that simple, therefore the section was wrong. Due to the major difficulties also with absolutely unmodded games the Troubleshooting section is dedicated for untweaked and unmodded games.
Once you put a tweak or a minimal modification you will be kicked out of Troubleshooting.

On topic:

Im pretty sure Ive seen some camera tweak mod where you can choose a different angle. But I remember there wasnt much interest about that.
If I remember correctly it should be buried in IV Other section but that was some time ago, Im not sure where it really was but Im sure Ive seen it.

ripple
  • ripple

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Any more word on this? I am also very annoyed by the auto-centering camera, especially when on foot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users