Photo

Custom Window Cleaning Platforms

4 replies to this topic
throat poka
  • throat poka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

I was fooling around with Simple Native Trainer and I spawned a window cleaning lift just for sh*ts and gigs. I thought about how cool it would be to set up your own custom window cleaning lifts around the city. To do that, you obviously couldn't load the objects using the trainer - the objects would have to be part of the map. No big deal, because I have no problem converting objects to WPL. I am not, however, accustomed to scripting ... at all. And I realize that in order for a window cleaning platform to work, it would have to be scripted. So my question to all you scripters out there: could you make this work? I'll provide the WPL and an updated gta.dat (unless you're familiar with making pathways and you don't need the gta.dat) and your job would be to get the damn thing scripted. Of course there may be more steps involved than making a WPL and scripting, and if so let me know!

MonkeyMan_420
  • MonkeyMan_420

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:13 PM Edited by MonkeyMan_420, 17 March 2012 - 07:40 AM.

CODE
//inside keydown method

//dont allow this to occur unless u r standing on lift and unless lift exists
if  (e.Key == Keys.Up)
{
   for (int i = (int)lift.Position.Z; i < zTarget; i = (int)lift.Position.Z)
   {
       lift.Velocity += new Vector3(0, 0, 1);
       Wait(0);
   }
}
//im actually gonna finish making this as long as it isnt buggy i will post here

well looks like i made a ninja jump too, lol

almost!

well i attached and froze niko and he stays on, now to figure out object collisions, anyone?

i found these at http://www.gtamoddin...models_hashes_C

CJ_WINDOW_CLEANER 526230755 0x1F5DA4E3
CJ_WINDOW_CRADLE 1289046123 0x4CD5486B
CJ_WINDOW_CRADLE_2 3751776710 0xDF9F91C6
CJ_WINDOW_CRADLE_3 4028183225 0xF01932B9
CJ_WINDOW_CRADLE_4 1263724843 0x4B52E92B

lamar_mustapha
  • lamar_mustapha

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:49 AM Edited by lamar_mustapha, 23 March 2012 - 12:03 AM.

and so monkey man dies but where he left off more continue his work, he lives on in all of us u asshole bitchez

Updated March 17 18:52 (pacific standard time) (Older Version in Video)

Updated March 17 Download Here by jitsuin credits to lms (gta coder extraordinaire) (ok u can ban me again) xD

Shift+O opens menu, page up and page down to select stuff in menu, left and right arrows to adjust the numbers on your selection, and enter when selecting attach/detach

if you want to move lift around while standing on it u need to attach yourself first, walk near center of lift to attach or use

press O to spawn/delete lift
Now just press T to activate lift when standing on it

xD

converted lift mod to an ai heli

throat poka
  • throat poka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:22 PM Edited by throat poka, 21 March 2012 - 09:26 PM.

These are all well and good, but not what I'm looking for. I need a script that would turn a lift that I've placed on the map into an actual working lift. I want it to work just like all the other lifts in the city. You get on the lift, a message box appears telling you to press a button to activate the lift, you press the button and you can control the lift. There has to be a script somewhere in the game folders that scripts for all the the window cleaning lifts around the city. I assume that the scripts are all based on the coordinates of each particular lift and that all you would need to do is spawn a lift using simple native trainer, save the lift as an actual WPL (which I have done) and plug the coordinates into the script. Of course the script would also need the height at which the lift stops (so that it knows when to let you off). If you can figure out how to make a custom lift into a lift the game recognizes as real, that'd be exactly what I'm looking for.

lamar_mustapha
  • lamar_mustapha

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:58 PM Edited by lamar_mustapha, 23 March 2012 - 02:26 AM.

uh yeah ur welcome confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users