Photo

Strange display

6 replies to this topic
ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

I have a desktop pc with windows 7 ultimate.I am experiencing a strange problem with my monitor. the display starts to look as if it were rolled.What should I do

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Try turning the screen off then on. This happens everytime i turn on my PC.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

It worked. Thanks. What is the reason for this thing to happen

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Well, a loose video cable anywhere can cause a signal refresh to act up, mostly this happens once and continues until rectified. Case I deal with is a properly set up Dell laptop, the screen overlaps one side to the other and the whole image fluctuates, This cause is not really known, but the remedy is to cycle through the Video Output FN hotkey. That means activating a display via a jack or internally, or both, usually the FN+F8 or F7 key
It may work to check your display output in Display Properties, physical cables should be tight, but there's no need to screw them in, just push them firmly together, at the PC and at the monitor end, if applied on that end, some are, some aren't

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

Ok. Checked them both. The one connected to the CPU was loose.So, I fitted it tightly.What lifetime can be expected from monitors?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

There's no direct answer to that. More so since you didn't say what monitors you have, how long you've had them, and how much you use them each day.
And good monitor should last at least until the warranty runs out and depending on how it's treated it'll live a good deal longer than that.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

I have a CRT monitor, about ten year old. I use my pc for like an hour or two

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users