Quantcast

» «
Photo

Worst 3D Gta Game?

73 replies to this topic

Poll: What it he worst 3D GTA game you played? (185 member(s) have cast votes)

What it he worst 3D GTA game you played?

1. GTA 3 (23 votes [16.31%])

Percentage of vote: 16.31%

2. GTA VC (7 votes [4.96%])

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

3. GTA SA (13 votes [9.22%])

Percentage of vote: 9.22%

4. GTA LCS (55 votes [39.01%])

Percentage of vote: 39.01%

5. GTA VCS (23 votes [16.31%])

Percentage of vote: 16.31%

6. GTA IV (13 votes [9.22%])

Percentage of vote: 9.22%

7. GTA EPISODES (7 votes [4.96%])

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 19:53)

Have you tried... turning down the brightness?

*Sigh* Yes,yes I have,but its not just the brightness.Its just all around more colorful and light.
I'm assuming I don't like it because I'm used to Vice City's darker tone.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (DaNuggz @ Friday, May 11 2012, 09:47)
I voted for IV (and by extension, the stories expansion pack). Not because of the storyline or anything like that, i respect it, but for the annoying things like that ragdoll sh*t, on occasion a rocket bounces and slides on the ground til hitting something, how slow the cars feel compared to VC/SA/III, the annoying conversion mods from IV to SA ppl make. I know it was meant to be a lot more realistic, but come on. Its a game after all not some real life simulation sh*t. I guess I've grown too used to the renderware engine but meh, call me old school.

I honestly don't know how anyone can prefer the old physics. It's literally like stick figures gone wild.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Friday, May 11 2012, 01:56)
CJ took out a whole construction site because a couple of the workers made cat calls at his sister; Niko took out a warehouse of armed goons because they held his cousin hostage. See the difference?

Anyways, that's also a piss poor comparison. San Andreas didn't really question much. Not the value of life, not the cost of success, not much at all. (Also, is it so much society's fault as much as the government for making crime profitable and permitting corruption of the legal system? Is a human being, a rational creature, not in the end responsible for the majority of their actions?)

Who cares what reason they have to kill? The more you kill, the more fun the game is. That's why I don't mind GTA III's silent protagonist as much as others. He just kills without any second thought and deals with the consequences by killing some more.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

I know this is going to pretty much astray from the whole point of the topic, but for me I felt that there really was no terrible GTA game, as they are all special in their own individual way, and I enjoyed playing all of them.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

Living in Vice Point since 2002

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Friday, May 11 2012, 19:52)
QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Friday, May 11 2012, 01:56)
CJ took out a whole construction site because a couple of the workers made cat calls at his sister; Niko took out a warehouse of armed goons because they held his cousin hostage. See the difference?

Anyways, that's also a piss poor comparison. San Andreas didn't really question much. Not the value of life, not the cost of success, not much at all. (Also, is it so much society's fault as much as the government for making crime profitable and permitting corruption of the legal system? Is a human being, a rational creature, not in the end responsible for the majority of their actions?)

Who cares what reason they have to kill? The more you kill, the more fun the game is. That's why I don't mind GTA III's silent protagonist as much as others. He just kills without any second thought and deals with the consequences by killing some more.

I simply enjoy deep characterization, I guess. I like protagonists to be well-written.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 11:58)
I know this is going to pretty much astray from the whole point of the topic, but for me I felt that there really was no terrible GTA game, as they are all special in their own individual way, and I enjoyed playing all of them.

This. Sure there are some I like more than others, but I wouldn't really say any of them are terrible. They all have things about them I like. That's why I'm a "GTA" fan.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

GTA IV. I liked the game for what it was (experimenting with realism) and the NYC setting, but the story was just awful. And the characters were boring. Brucie was annoying, Roman was even more annoying, Packie was a prick, and Niko was just bland and had no personality. Niko spends the entire game wanting to get money so he and Roman can do...whatever. But he never does anything with the damn money! He robs banks, he does stuff for mob guys, he goes on 400 "go here, kill this guy, escape cops" missions. And yet he never does anything story-wise with the money. Even at the end of the game he does nothing.

I still like the game and all that, but it could've been a lot better. However I think Rockstar learned from most of the problems IV had and hopefully fixed them.

Kyle17
  • Kyle17

The hero Vice City needs, but not the one it wants.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

I didn't really hate any of the 3D GTA's, but VCS was my least favorite. The story was poorly written & The city was changed in all the wrong ways. One of the reasons LCS felt good as a prequel was the fact that Liberty City was actually harder to navigate. It made sense that the bridge & tunnel were being built. The ferries were out of date. In VCS however, the city was easier to navigate. It made no sense at all for things to become more cluttered in the two years between VCS & VC. Plus, Victor was insufferable. He was constantly complaining about killing people & selling drugs, but then you go out & do a mission were you kill 40+ people to score drugs to sell later. He was contradicting himself all the way up to the damn ending credits. We're expected to believe that this was the same guy who died durring VC's opening cinematic? Anyway, it did have some cool new game-play mechanics that it introduced. That's probably it's only redeeming factor in my opinion. But hey, that is what this thread is about. Opinion.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Well, I like all GTA games but I can't remember that GTA Liberty City Stories had much to do except the main missions. I don't remember many things from the story either. I guess LCS is the least memorable game GTA game although I liked the atmosphere and the missions from from GTA III. It woulnd't suprise me if I played this game many hours a day before, but I don't remember much today.

I didn't really like the "realism" stuff in GTA IV though. Unfortunately this is the way video game programmers want to go and it seems like many people demand realism too. We also see games like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk Ride which requires other material to play with and that's not the way I want video gaming to go. If it's not about realism it's about graphics. I sure hope GTA V has a more San Andreas atmosphere over it and that they have taken away the new wanted system and all that stuff. Heck, in many ways I liked Chinatown Wars even more than GTA IV because it was simple but also very entertaining and it was fun crashing into police cars instead of running away from a red zone or something.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

GTA 3 is least favourite imo. Gameplay sucked, missions sucked and that's it.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

This was a tough choice for me. But if CJ is as likable as an STD, Luis Lopez was as likable as cancer. I seriously hated this guy, he was an asshole, a douche, and a tool all rolled up in one. Don't get me wrong CJ was the same thing. And I'm not a racist. These guys were both mindless idiots. Plus San Andreas was a fun game and added more to the series than TBoGT did. I get the feeling that TBoGT was made to appease all of the San Andreas whiners just without the jetpack.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (thecommander @ Monday, May 14 2012, 13:55)
This was a tough choice for me. But if CJ is as likable as an STD, Luis Lopez was as likable as cancer. I seriously hated this guy, he was an asshole, a douche, and a tool all rolled up in one. Don't get me wrong CJ was the same thing. And I'm not a racist. These guys were both mindless idiots. Plus San Andreas was a fun game and added more to the series than TBoGT did. I get the feeling that TBoGT was made to appease all of the San Andreas whiners just without the jetpack.

I found CJ more tolerable than Luis. Your assessment of Luis is pretty much spot on.

The guy has to be the biggest poser in the entire series. I mean atleast CJ gained wealth and power. Luis was a loser bodyguard who thought he was better than he actually was.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, May 14 2012, 08:15)
QUOTE (thecommander @ Monday, May 14 2012, 13:55)

I found CJ more tolerable than Luis. Your assessment of Luis is pretty much spot on.

The guy has to be the biggest poser in the entire series. I mean atleast CJ gained wealth and power. Luis was a loser bodyguard who thought he was better than he actually was.

I also got the vibe that he thought he was smarter than everyone around him. That bothered me because if he was so smart, why is he a bodyguard?

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

How're people hating on GTA III? That game was a masterpiece! The dark suburban feel was the most likable part of the GTA III atmosphere. The missions where crazy, you can make your character his own person, you had cool cars and tons of island to explore... why? 2001 too, can't forget to put it in perspective.

Oh, and I'll get a ton of **** for this, but VCS > VC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users