Quantcast

» «
Photo

Worst 3D Gta Game?

73 replies to this topic

Poll: What it he worst 3D GTA game you played? (185 member(s) have cast votes)

What it he worst 3D GTA game you played?

1. GTA 3 (23 votes [16.31%])

Percentage of vote: 16.31%

2. GTA VC (7 votes [4.96%])

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

3. GTA SA (13 votes [9.22%])

Percentage of vote: 9.22%

4. GTA LCS (55 votes [39.01%])

Percentage of vote: 39.01%

5. GTA VCS (23 votes [16.31%])

Percentage of vote: 16.31%

6. GTA IV (13 votes [9.22%])

Percentage of vote: 9.22%

7. GTA EPISODES (7 votes [4.96%])

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

First of all why are we comparing portable games with games made for stationary consoles and PCs? LCS and VCS were made for PSP and had to be fitted for UMD, which contains 1,8GB (in case of dual layer disk), so it isn't exactly right to compare them to SA or IV at least in terms of graphics and technologic advancement. I know they were as big as their bigger counterparts (in some cases even bigger), but that just shows R* Leeds knowledge.

Second why there aren't GTA, GTA 2, and GTA:CTW on this poll? They were also three dimensional and because topic name is the worst 3D GTA they should also be there. It's not fair to inlude one game and not other. Episodes should be cut out as they were just add-ons for GTA IV and not different game. Fact that this topic was made by ccrogers15 explains a lot...

And about the worst of them? Chinatown Wars probably. If I can't choose it, San Andreas.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federao das Amricas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

@Tycek

As a matter of fact, ALL (and when I say ALL, it's really ALL) the GTA games are 3D, except for those retarded ports of GTA and GTA 2 for GameBoyColor.

And that's why the spokesman in the Rockstar's newswire is just a noob, he called GTA, the London Packs and GTA 2 as "2D Universe".

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Saturday, Mar 31 2012, 14:45)
@Tycek

As a matter of fact, ALL (and when I say ALL, it's really ALL) the GTA games are 3D, except for those retarded ports of GTA and GTA 2 for GameBoyColor.

And that's why the spokesman in the Rockstar's newswire is just a noob, he called GTA, the London Packs and GTA 2 as "2D Universe".

That's why I asked about lack of them in this poll. They should be included as well.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

For me, it was GTA LCS and GTA VCS. They had crappy graphics, and LCS got rid of many key fetaures introduced in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. VCS was an improvement, but was not as good as the other GTA III Era games, and it was worse than the GTA IV Era games.

Emerpus
  • Emerpus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Most to least favorite:

1. GTA III
2. Vice City
3. GTA IV
4. LCS
5. VCS
6. San Andreas

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 PM Edited by ˸, 10 April 2012 - 03:05 PM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 14 2012, 07:30)
I did not include TLAD or TBOGT cause there add ons. But there included as episodes.

user posted image

Going back on topic, I voted for IV. Total dissapointment for me, especially after what SA had to offer. Isn't even close to 3 in terms of athmosphere, gameplay and music, and there were 10 years between them! GTA 3 had a fantastic athmosphere or a large city, very much like my home city, once you've walked out of the savehouse you feel like you are walking down a real street bursting with life. The radio stations were all amazing and suiting the locations, what could be better than driving a Stinger near the dam during the early hours of the morning?

Never played the episodes or the stories (not a console fanboy), so would rate the GTAs like this starting from the most favourite:

1. GTA SA
2. GTA 3
3. GTA VC
4. GTA IV

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

LCS for me. I didn't really get into the story tbh.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:29 PM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 14 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

Gta III i'm sorry but an non speaking protagonist kills the game for me. The first time i played it. I got about halfway throw the missions and got bored so i stopped playing it. Then a year or two later i sucked it up and played it

Keep in mind i played vice city and san andreas before III so i was expecting it to be '' a step down'' but onestly it wasn't the game and gameplay is perfect but the non speaking protag will allways be the reason i can never rate III as good as the others and it's a shame but it's not a bad game

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:41 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 14 April 2012 - 05:48 PM.

It's surprising the Stories games got voted down. This proves that the number of features doesn't make a good game, a good storyline makes a good game. Both introduced many features into the environment that previously lacked them (like in LCS motorcycles and clothes etc., in VCS Empire Building and swimming etc.) and both introduced many more minigames into the city.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:32 PM Edited by Street Mix, 14 April 2012 - 09:35 PM.

LCS? Because of no features? dozingoff.gif Has more than GTA 3.

For me it's TLAD. Amazing but didn't play so much as other games.

a good storyline makes a good game.

Stories storyline are good like in any other GTA. It's just many simply didn't play them.

As for technical aspect - GTA VCS. You CAN fix GTA 4 PC but you can't do s**t on PS2/PSP to fix bugs.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

Living in Vice Point since 2002

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

LCS. I don't hate it, but I felt ripped off and I only scrounged out five bucks for it.

Not a great storyline by any means. A soundtrack that is by far the worst thing the Housers have allowed to be put out. Boring automobiles, boring city, boring missions.

III is in second, but because of a lot of the same things that brought down LCS. Let's also remember though that hindsight is 20/20. I enjoyed this game when it came out- III is a revolutionary cornerstone of the gaming industry- but VC and SA spoiled me just as everybody else.

Num3rical
  • Num3rical

I didn't choose the Ivysaur life, the Ivysaur life chose me.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

GTA III, hands down. Why is everybody voting for LCS? LCS is by no means a bad GTA, and it's much better than GTA III.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold up

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

LCS & III. The city is almost dark by rain. I like the III's missions but don't like LCS much. They are not very exciting as III.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

LCS was a good game overall, but it had a terrible lag issue; every other second the frame rate would drop to about 15 FPS, jump back to around 30, and so on. That was mostly fixed in VCS, although it's still slightly present.

LCS also seemed to be a lot darker than III. Once it rained, it was like night, and for me the clarity of the surroundings just seemed kind of faded and grainy.

The worst part about LCS is how you don't get adequate amounts of money until the last mission. For the majority of them, you get a maximum of about $5,000 and a minimum of $200; on the last mission you get $500,000. It's just a load of bullsh*t, because I have to save every mission to make sure I don't lose my weapons, and then all my money.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

i voted for VCS but wow i cant believe gta 3 is up there, GTA 3 was the pioneer game to 3d gta at the time

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:16 PM Edited by Street Mix, 21 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

A soundtrack that is by far the worst thing the Housers have allowed to be put out.

GTFO. mad.gif OST is amazing.

Only retards can call Jungle, Opera, 70s Electro, Worldbeat, Dancehall crap.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 17:16)
A soundtrack that is by far the worst thing the Housers have allowed to be put out.

GTFO. mad.gif OST is amazing.

Only retards can call Jungle, Opera, 70s Electro, Worldbeat, Dancehall crap.

lmao

Opera is the only good genre from that.

Double Cleff, Liberty Jam, and LCFR were the only good stations in LCS. Radio Del Mundo, on the other hand, was the absolute worst radio station in any GTA hands down.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold up

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 03:24)
i voted for VCS....

Wutt? VCS is the great game all over the time. With strong gameplay, romance.
Graphics in it is also very great indeed (in my view for PSP). You get the money easily by the businesses. A return to VC never bored. Having a good weather is also great for the game. Unlike the LCS, which is indeed a little dark.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

GTA 3 since it has terrible quality(especially when gangsters hold guns)

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV, just wasn't worth the four years.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 13:45)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 01:17)
i don't understand the hate towards SA, sure the story wasnt as good as IV, but the replay value of SA far surpasses IV. in so many ways.

however i voted for LCS.

Exactly. Im thinking most people who hate the game, not trying to accuse people, are just possibly racist.

Mindblow. Anyhow, LCS for the most part.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

None of them?

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 22:01)
Grand Theft Auto IV, just wasn't worth the four years.

Worth the four years? Vice City Stories wasn't even released a full 730 (exactly two years; 731 on a leap year) days after IV.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Gay Furry Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Vice City Stories (PS2 version)

I dunno,I just hate it so much,which is weird considering that Vice City is my favorite of the franchise.
Its probably because it was too...ya know light.Way to bright.IMO too much neon and colorful lighting.It felt like it had way to much on the "bloom" effect.Ug to me its just...just a clusterf*ck to the eyes.
I couldnt even beat it.I'v beat all GTAs except GTA I,II and VCS.

Kthxbai

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 09:28)
Its hard to warm to a protagonist who either whines or simply responds with, "Kill that guy? Fo sure," without giving it any thought.

Niko is WAY more guilty of killing just to persue the "American Dream" of having cash.

I voted GTA IV because of what I said above. Anyways, who needs money when you have no where to spend it. sad.gif

Rauland
  • Rauland

Test your might

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I recently got LCS and VCS and man, LCS was terrible, the story was uninteresting, the humour was retarded, "Momma has sent the hitman after you!" all in all, a boring game.

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 22:48)
QUOTE (02fishera @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 09:28)
Its hard to warm to a protagonist who either whines or simply responds with, "Kill that guy? Fo sure," without giving it any thought.

Niko is WAY more guilty of killing just to persue the "American Dream" of having cash.

I voted GTA IV because of what I said above. Anyways, who needs money when you have no where to spend it. sad.gif

IV isn't "black and white". In IV, Niko is drug back into the criminal underworld because of Roman's screw-ups and eventually because he did something honorable by liberating Roman from Vlad's shackles. Besides which, I think you're missing the point if IV didn't make you think about certain things aside from the cost of success, like free will.

The money problem is in every GTA, not just IV. SA has safehouses and gambling... but with meaningless properties that are really too close to one another and the gambling being eh, ok... it didn't really solve the "money problem".

QUOTE (tommyv2468 @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 18:48)
Vice City Stories (PS2 version)

I dunno,I just hate it so much,which is weird considering that Vice City is my favorite of the franchise.
Its probably because it was too...ya know light.Way to bright.IMO too much neon and colorful lighting.It felt like it had way to much on the "bloom" effect.Ug to me its just...just a clusterf*ck to the eyes.
I couldnt even beat it.I'v beat all GTAs except GTA I,II and VCS.

Kthxbai

Have you tried... turning down the brightness?

DaNuggz
  • DaNuggz

My little pony is THE s*it

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

I voted for IV (and by extension, the stories expansion pack). Not because of the storyline or anything like that, i respect it, but for the annoying things like that ragdoll sh*t, on occasion a rocket bounces and slides on the ground til hitting something, how slow the cars feel compared to VC/SA/III, the annoying conversion mods from IV to SA ppl make. I know it was meant to be a lot more realistic, but come on. Its a game after all not some real life simulation sh*t. I guess I've grown too used to the renderware engine but meh, call me old school.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Senex Iunior @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 14:53)
IV isn't "black and white". In IV, Niko is drug back into the criminal underworld because of Roman's screw-ups and eventually because he did something honorable by liberating Roman from Vlad's shackles. Besides which, I think you're missing the point if IV didn't make you think about certain things aside from the cost of success, like free will.

SA isn't "black and white". In SA, Carl is drug back into the criminal underworld because of society's screw-ups and eventually because he did something honorable by liberating Sweet from Tenpenny's's shackles. Besides which, I think you're missing the point if SA didn't make you think about certain things aside from the cost of success, like free will and family.

biggrin.gif

Senex Iunior
  • Senex Iunior

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:56 AM Edited by Senex Iunior, 11 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 18:10)
SA isn't "black and white". In SA, Carl is drug back into the criminal underworld because of society's screw-ups and eventually because he did something honorable by liberating Sweet from Tenpenny's's shackles. Besides which, I think you're missing the point if SA didn't make you think about certain things aside from the cost of success, like free will and family.

haha y u so fny. c luk i do 2

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 22:48)
CJ is WAY more guilty of killing just to pursue the American Dream.

I voted GTA SA. (Who needs money when you have no where to spend it?)

CJ took out a whole construction site because a couple of the workers made cat calls at his sister; Niko took out a warehouse of armed goons because they held his cousin hostage. See the difference?

Anyways, that's also a piss poor comparison. San Andreas didn't really question much. Not the value of life, not the cost of success, not much at all. (Also, is it so much society's fault as much as the government for making crime profitable and permitting corruption of the legal system? Is a human being, a rational creature, not in the end responsible for the majority of their actions?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users