South Park

234 replies to this topic
Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:33 AM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 17 November 2016 - 03:34 AM.

That has to be the best episode this season, the finales looking like it may have been worth having such a drawn out story.

So many references to old episodes too, I need to re-watch that episode f*cking now.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sobchak
  • Sobchak

"Entrepreneur"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:49 AM

I think this season's been sub par overall. I far more enjoyed last season. I don't know maybe I will be surprised.

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:00 AM

The finale of last season was pretty sh*tty for me, but the way it was laid out was nice. There was an overarching story but the episodes held up on their own. I've rewatched Safe Space Tweek X Craig countless times.

This series will have no episodes that are rewatchable without rewatching the entire season.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Wulf Raycevick
  • Wulf Raycevick

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

I love this show

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

Next episode is titled "Not Funny" 

M5JRZ9X.png

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Wulf Raycevick
  • Wulf Raycevick

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

I can't wait

Menstrual Deranged
  • Menstrual Deranged

I'mUrMomNow

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

I don't think there's any other show that has made me laugh as hard as South Park does. This season has been okay but I've liked others better. 

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

I don't think there's any other show that has made me laugh as hard as South Park does. This season has been okay but I've liked others better. 

yeah, they experimented with something new this season and I personally don't think it works well, I hope they stick with the season 18/19 formula of individual episodes but with some sort of story in the background.

Teaser for next episode.

• Menstrual Deranged and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

So after that episode, I really don't know how they're going to tie the series up with one more episode, unless they make the episode longer, which I doubt will happen, I hope it isn't continued to next season.

Spoiler
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:33 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 05 December 2016 - 02:43 PM.

I'm not really a fan of the new plot format, I quite liked each episode standalone. Now it often feels like they're forcing stuff to fit with the theme of the season. 

It's still funny sh*t can't deny that though.

For reference though S16 is probably my favourite, every episode was solid gold and I laughed so hard through each and every one of them.

That season, like many of the other early ones wasn't tied to a background narrative so they could make fun of whatever was in the news at that time.

• Ivan1997GTA, Mr_Zombly and Vigilante88 like this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

The next episode is called "The end of serialization as we know it"

Either they're done with serialisation or they think they're going to pull something off that will change how we know it? lol

15232279_1322220834464759_42003611409852

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

I'm not here to be original, I'm here to rock!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:43 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 05 December 2016 - 06:43 PM.

I hope this season finale will be good, unlike last year. From the title of the episode, it seems that Matt, Trey and others have become self-aware. But, I'm sure they're gonna pull off something, whatever it is.
  • Mr_Zombly likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Press images:

Spoiler

I'm really looking forward to the ending, I think they've waited to long to begin wrapping it up but maybe they'll surprise everyone, or maybe we'll see a towelie episode.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

Is it just my imagination or were they assuming the election would go another way, and that the original ending was completely foiled?  The whole thing has been so disjointed and rushed that it's like a horribly written Seinfeld episode.

Seeing as Cartman is on to the womens' plot for world domination, and that they could survive without men, I feel like the original plot intended to have Hillary Clinton at the center of that.  Mr. Garrison's (Trump) addition is almost nonsensically obligatory now.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, they had to rewrite an episode, it was originally named the first gentleman.

I hope they don't pull that sh*t again because it ruined the series, It's ok if it would've ruined one ep, but I'm quite disappointed with this series now, very underwhelming.

• X S and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:07 AM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 14 December 2016 - 12:16 PM.

Okay, so I've watched the entire 20th season, and man, the season finale is definitely an improvement over the last season. Though, the ending was a bit unsatisfying and left a few questions:

"Will Kyle reveal the truth behind skankhunt42?

Will Gerald be punished for his trolling by the townspeople?

Will the girls in school realize what went wrong and reunite with the boys?

What is the final plan of the old Member Berries?

And last, but not least, what is Mr. Garrison going to do with the Member Berries, now that he's won the election?

Find out the answers to some of these questions in fall 2017, same South Park time, same South Park channel!"

By the time the 21st season comes out, I hope Gerald gets killed off in a similar fashion to Kenny in the early seasons, have Randy say "Oh my God, they killed Gerald!" and maybe either Stuart (Kenny's dad) or Stephen (Butters' dad) say "You bastards! Though to be fair, he did kind of deserve it.". Okay, maybe that's a bit too far. I'm just a bit peeved that Gerald didn't get any sort of punishment for trolling the townspeople and the Danish. Oh well. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll wait for "The Fractured But Whole" to come out, maybe that game will clear out most of the questions that most of us had, but I doubt it.
  • Mr_Zombly likes this

Vigilante88
  • Vigilante88

Vig don't shiv

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:56 AM

This last season was whatever. Like others have said, there's better stuff from a few years back. I'll still continue to watch it though, it's still funny.

Randy, Butters, and Jimmy are some of my favorite South Park characters of all time. They've had so many funny parts throughout the years. Lol
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Is it just my imagination or were they assuming the election would go another way, and that the original ending was completely foiled?  The whole thing has been so disjointed and rushed that it's like a horribly written Seinfeld episode.

Seeing as Cartman is on to the womens' plot for world domination, and that they could survive without men, I feel like the original plot intended to have Hillary Clinton at the center of that.  Mr. Garrison's (Trump) addition is almost nonsensically obligatory now.

I think it's pretty clear that - much like the rest of the known world - South Park assumed Hillary would win the election and so they obviously had to do some massive rewrites in a short period of time following Nov 9. both the Mars mission with Tesla and the Feminist angle were shoehorned in after Trump's victory.

for what it's worth the season was still pretty funny.

our social media culture makes for a lot of great cannon fodder and it's always fun watching the boys get themselves embroiled in international scandals. plus every time Bruce Jenner ran over and killed an old lady with his car I would immediately burst out laughing.

great send-ups by Trey and Matt all season long.

the last 2 episodes were the only weak points that I noticed, simply because they had to rush in with so many unexpected changes. you can tell the landing was a little rough. otherwise the show is still going strong. I'm already excited for next season. as if 2016 didn't have enough crap to make fun of it's only going to get more interesting as we move deeper into the next 4 years...

• cactus., AlYEEenTwo and Ivan1997GTA like this

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

I loved this whole season. I will admit seeing Cartman become sort of an SJW just felt so weird. I like the whole "season has a whole story plot" style over the "each episode tells it's own story" of earlier seasons. Last Season was good too, and I kept thinking, "There's no way they could top it." and man, I'm glad I was wrong. They went all in with Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich. After all of Trump's bitching about Saturday Night Live I'm surprised he never said anything about the haunting parallels between President Garrison and himself. All last season I kept thinking that Mr. Garrison was like a parody of Trump and this season just proved it. Can't wait to see what next season holds.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:13 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 20 December 2017 - 04:21 AM.

Well, I just finished watching the 21st season of South Park. How was it? Well, it was better than the last 2 seasons, that's for sure. I wouldn't call it amazing, but I wouldn't call it horrible either. I did like how most of the episodes in the season are self-contained, like in the old days, instead of the whole season being one large story arc. The only kind of story arc that this season had was in the last 2 episodes,

Spoiler

I'm still bummed out that Gerald did not get any punishment for what he did as Skankhunt42 and I really wish Matt and Trey stuck to their word of not parodying Donald Trump in this season like they claimed back in February. Although, I have a feeling that if they did this, almost the whole season would be completely different.

But all in all, I enjoyed the 21st season. It's not the best season of South Park, but it's far from the worst. It shows how a cartoon like this could still stand strong after over 20 years of being on the air. But, to be honest, South Park is not quite out of the dark age yet. Maybe the 22nd season next year will be better. My favorite episodes of this season were "Franchise Prequel" (I found Butters' dad grounding him and Vladimir Putin to be pretty funny, plus, like the "Black Friday" trilogy, it was like a 20-minute commercial for the Fracture But Whole video game that was coming out at the time), "Hummels and Heroin", "Sons a Witches" and "Put It Down".
  • GTA-Biker, Mr_Zombly and Neon_Dreaming like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

My favorite episode of this season was Franchise Prequel too.

I recently rewatched all the episodes of South Park,and the superhero episodes (The Coon, Coon 2:Hindsight, Mysterion Rises, Coon Vs Coon And Friends and Franchise Prequel) were some of my favorites.

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:41 AM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 10 December 2017 - 03:42 AM.

Only 4 episodes were south park quality this season imo.

"Put It Down" for just being a genuinely well structured episode with great musical numbers.

"Hummels and Heroin" for having a proper classic SP feel with the self contained plot about the four boys and the four boys only.

"Doubling Down" for that f*cking KAHL sequence with the disnep references and live action footage of the jews.

"Super hard PCness" for setting up an incredible cliffhanger and also making me lose my sh*t at the PC principal hootie and the blowfish tinnitus thing (seeing him losing his f*cking mind at his desk with the song playing extremely loud was so funny)

I am incredibly disapointed with the finale (yet again), they set up such a good cliffhanger and threw it all away for a sh*tty DRUMPF episode.

Why was garrison acting like this when he was supposed to have some plan and know what he was doing in Doubling Down.

Why was Kyle so easily forgiven by everyone when he not only ruined the kids favourite show but f*cking played a part in nuking Canada.

Why did they decide to tell only 3 jokes throughout the whole episode? the 80s music sh*t, the sh*t about white people and the vomiting one (though that wasn't as overused as the other two).

I literally only laughed at one joke from the finale and that was the "fox trap" one.

Didn't Matt and Trey mention something about awesomo vs Christmas critters in the commentary for last season? that would have been better than this sh*t show of a finale tbh.

In summary:

Spoiler
  • Ivan1997GTA and Vigilante88 like this

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Lone Drifter

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

I was actually happy with the "Nineteenth-Twentieth Seasons' Storyline" and thought Season 18 was not so much fun unlike a considerable majority of fans. I kind of understand why some people were annoyed with Seasons 19-20 because f*cktons of political humor is not just down with people, or it felt like watering down Trump as a comedy material. Out of topic, I also kind of agree with the latter and I think that whole Trump bashing on American media (especially SNL for that matter) prior to elections were actually a big reason why Trump was eventually elected in the first place. Pretty much like it was figurized in Season 21 episode "Doubling Down" if you get douchy down on people like saying "If you're doing this, you're incredible and dumb, duh!", you'll eventually see those kind of people doing it out of spite. To be honest, I don't think that this is the deal with South Park. Taking Trey and Matt into account, they just use the show as a platform to pour out their hearts (yeah, in a harsh, outspoken way) and not with the intent of imposing something on people or oppressing them in a chauvinistic manner. Being a huge fan of dark comedy and seeing political humor as one of its biggest branches, I found Seasons 19-20 were spontaneously funny and rightfully "in-our-face". Sure, they may be not that close to perfect but I would say that those two seasons still kicked it.

Anyway, coming to Season 21, I would say they surely raised the bar compared to previous three seasons at least (Seasons 18-19-20. I actually think that Season 17 was their best since 2009 or 2010). Season 20 was more focused on the events, while Season 21 was busier with showing how they affected the townsfolk (kinda like Season 19). I like the whole season in general, but some episodes naturally did shine out more:

- Put It Down: The episode took a funny twisty turn when they bashed on Trump's obsession of tweet-raging.

- Holiday Special: It may be not one of the smoothest episodes in terms of progressing, but it was nice to see the taking of the common fashion of self-victimization with the DNA swabbing test thing.

- Franchise Prequel: This episode outhandedly beats the "Superhero Tetralogy" IMO. I would not say that it was one of the harshest celebrity bashings, but Zuckerberg was brutalized allright... it took me for a while to realize that he was a robotic version of a stereotypical Kung-Fu movie villian but... Professor Chaos is actually one of my favourite characters, so it was nice to see Butters as him yet again.

- Doubling Down: I like how Trey and Matt did draw the parallel between Trump/Garrison supporters and Cartman-Heidi love vicious circle. Plus points for Cartman's flipping out session of disrespecting the flag and circle-dancing Jews.

- Super Hard PCness: A nice homage to the movie "Bigger, Longer and Uncut". PC Principal's inner fight with the principle not having special relationship with co-workers and Hootie and The Blowfish ringing in his ears. Also I think that they made a nice touch of visualizing washed-up TV people green lit by Netflix with older versions of Terrance and Phillip.

- Splatty Tomato: It could have been better but I think it was one of the most decent season finales in the recent years. FOX trap joke was obviously classy, with the Whites coming second, and the peak of PC Principal and Strong Woman's secret love was actually tied up well and ironic. I have a feeling that if they had made this episode a homage to BL&U as well, it would have been epic.

Somewhere between:

- Hummels & Heroin: The episode was enjoyable with child entertainers depicted as wild rockstars and the caring home as a prison, but I thought something was missing... I really don't know what was it.

- Moss Piglets: As much as I kinda liked how the special science fair was eventually connected to NFL f*ckfest but it kind of irritated me how Nathan and Mimsy were of lesser importance for the second half of the episode.

Vigilante88
  • Vigilante88

Vig don't shiv

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:33 AM

I only liked a couple episodes this season, same for Family Guy too.

Those shows just ain't that funny anymore.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

I liked this season, Garrison nuking Canada while Hootie and the Blowfish was playing was f*cking hilarious. Same thing when Mackey was asking if he was the only one hearing that. PC Principal was actually bearable this season, I hope Strong Woman keeps him tamed.

The finale episode was just meh though.... I loved the parts where Garrison saved the day in Witch Hunt and when he nuked Canada.... but I hated how they made the finale all about hunting down Garrison. The red balloon turning around to show Make America Great Again did make me laugh though. And how they wrapped up the whole Heidi/Cartman relationship was very anti-climatic.... they broke up several times this season, I really thought she was going to die in the finale. Heck when she had the gun, I thought she was going to end it after she realized she was the problem.

And they had focus on PC Principal/Strong Woman.... but no Mr. Mackey and Ms. Conduct? What came of them?

Also, they really missed out on bringing back the Panda.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users