Photo

Unslaughtered pigeon map?

7 replies to this topic
CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

With GTA San Andreas some very clever individual made an interactive map of the game showing uncollected horseshoes, gang tags, photo ops and oysters. It searched from your save game and showed you what you had missed.

Does anyone one know of a similar map for GTA IV? I'm just finished exterminating pigeons on all the islands bar Alderney and I am missing 1 wretched pigeon. I've shot 143, the idea of searching every cursed pigeon location is really depressing me.

Cheers in advance.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Indeed I do and you could have found this too if you used google to locate it: http://www.gta4.tv/g...rats-(pigeons)/ <-- map there

CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Not what I was thinking of. The GTA SA map was an application, you had to download it. You opened it, located and loaded the save game file and the map showed which collectible item you had not found and collected. The map you linked to, which I had found - and btw I may be an idiot when it comes to things technical but I'm not that stupid (joke) - just shows where they are located. If you had collected 99 out of 100 gang tags the map application would show precisely which tag you missed. It showed the locations of uncollected gang tags, oysters, photo ops, horse shoes and stunt jumps. The GTA IV maps found on google are just maps, therefor they show the locations of everything and sometimes we can use the map and still miss one. I did.

BTW, I found the missing pigeon by deduction. I'm going through the collectibles as the islands become unlocked. I remembered I got a bit confused over one pigeon location and wondered if the one I had it confused with was the one I had missed. It was thankfully.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:55 AM Edited by Karjerker, 18 March 2012 - 03:04 AM.

No problem! Here it is - fully interactive and annotated: http://www.gta4.net/map/ But it should be said that EXACTLY what you want - a downloadable map is not available to the best of my knowledge; I could be wrong.

I mentioned in an earlier edit of this post that it was on a rival server. This comment was in error and I have withdrawn it - which just goes to show you how much my editor knows as he was the one who flippantly said, and I quote, "Yeah, well, they're on another server, its another group and they're pretty good but you know a lot of these places are run by the same guys anyway so who cares, right?" Charming.

CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:31 PM Edited by CassiusDio, 18 March 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Great maps for the locations of all the wretched pigeons and stuff, but again it still does show which all the ones you have and have not done together. That GTA SA application was wonderful. You could follow your progress as you did the collectibles. You did a collectible and when the app searched your save game file the collectible disappeared off the map. Wonderful. The crying shame is I had a computer crash and I lost the programme.

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 10:55)
No problem! Here it is - fully interactive and annotated: http://www.gta4.net/map/ (sadly it is hosted on a rival server) But it should be said that EXACTLY what you want - a downloadable map is not available to the best of my knowledge; I could be wrong.

Actually that map, the server which was hosted belongs to GTA.Net, as well as GTAForums is a part of GTA.Net, so it isn't a rival server.

Try searching "www.thingstheydontwantyoutoknow.com" in a computer in TW@ or anything else,
you must type in "www" in order to work, unlike real life.
The large circles are the one you shot and the small one are the ones you didn't.
Try it out.
Not sure if I am right though.

CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Unfortunately, you're wrong. The big circles show the location of either multiple pigeons or are random. There were big and small circles on Broker, Bohan and Algonquin. The three islands were I've exterminated them. Alderney should have had all unshot ones, but again the large and small circles are mixed. I'm actually quite upset that this turned out wrong.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

oh boy, was this a nightmare for me too. because i had shot about 20 earlier in the game, i had no idea where those pidgeons were when i came to actually wiping them all out. 138 hours later? i finally got the last 2... in places i was certain i had killed them. very obvious places [one on a bridge in open view, the other in a skip in N.Algonquin]. i had to use the gta4.net 100% checklisting, each pidgeon carefully ticked off but initially skimmed thru for obvious ones.

i hope they don't torment us w such a huge number of 'something' to deal with in gtaV. i believe 4 sets of 50 or 40 moles, pidgeons, rats, cats, urban foxes, mice, whatever, would be much more enjoyable. if the devs are going to insist on putting 200 'things' to deal with then, at the very least, make them easy to find!!! one pidgeon was only accessible from a boat. if there's 200 then make them ez to find. 200 is a fantastic number to find as it is but making 40 of them almost invisible is plain infuriating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users