Photo

ATM's

24 replies to this topic
gtacrazyz
  • gtacrazyz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

the idea of using atm machines was cool, although not being able to use them for anything other than checking how much money you had made them relatively useless.

would be cool if after certain transactions money was put into your account and could then withdraw more money from them or better yet, making banks useable (this tying in with the whole robbery of banks scenario)

what are peoples thoughts on this?

could perhaps make buying properties or clubs and what not more of a nice background feature for money making with the occasional related mission

alien.gif

Carmelo
  • Carmelo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

I reckon theres gonna be an in depth economy/money system.

NotNikoBellic
  • NotNikoBellic

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

100% Agree, the player should have two counters for their money 1) cash on hand, and 2) cash in the bank. Some type of money laundering system would have to be made too, also I think this would add to replay value as re-occurring missions could be put into V in the form of transporting your money (and hopefully drugs that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif ) from your front properties to the bank or etc. Personally, I want the drug and money system from Scarface: The world is yours but with the GTA flavor that R* is famous for.

RipGore
  • RipGore

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

sounds good!

user posted image

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:47 AM Edited by finn4life, 12 March 2012 - 07:31 AM.

Being able to use the bank does not tie in with robbing banks in any way.
Personally I don't see the point, easier just to have the cash on hand to use, rather than being low on cash and having to look for a bank.

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 04:47)
Being able to use the bank does not tie in with robbing banks in anyway.
Personally I don't see the point, easier just to have the cash on hand to use, rather than being low on cash and having to look for a bank.

icon14.gif smile.gif

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

The ATMs in GTA IV were a complete joke.
I really hope they make it much better in V or else they should just scrap the idea altogether.

lslarko
  • lslarko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

I tend to agree, but Rockstar could quite easily adjust a few things to make the worthwhile of being used, for instance if you die or get busted you lose a much larger chunk of the cash you have on you, or that you can get mugged by the bums maybe say 3/4 jump you at the same time. because when was the last time you saw anyone carrying 20-30 thousand dollars around in theyre wallet or in person with out looking they were carrying something important with a briefcase or something handcuffed to theyre wrist?

Maybe the bank will by like it is in real life, a safer place to keep your money.

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:02 AM Edited by JStarr31, 12 March 2012 - 07:12 AM.

QUOTE (mdr279 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 04:50)

icon14.gif smile.gif

What!?!?? How could you think that to be tedious, yet the "children" on this forum seem to want all the idiotic implements of realism like jail, gas/refueling, pets, so on and so forth. For me personally, i don't see how having to search for a near-by ATM or local bank would be anymore side tracking as having to find back alley weapon caches or having to find a health regenerator of sorts before a mission because you, the player, realized he/she was low when approaching said objective (whether it be via finding a restaurant, food stand, prostitute, health pack, or ambulance).
I for one, think it would be great to add a banking system. A place to let your money be saved separate from self. The feeling of knowing you've saved up enough to finally afford that property/business/rare vehicle with out the cops or hospital "taxing" you for having a little fun... cool.gif . Plus, it helps you prioritize for some of the after story (hopefully) things you might want to buy/invest in. for example, buying guns over clothes and maybe not having to buy the best weapon because you might get a bullet proof car customization option allowing you to save money and now have the opportunity to shop for clothes. Now whatever is remainder in your wallet, put it in the bank to save toward that house/apartment.

PS: Its one more activity to do after the story..a reason to aquire wealth...and gives a reason to have ATMs in the game other than eye ....dont be kill joys

.... but Rockstar could quite easily adjust a few things to make the worthwhile of being used, for instance if you die or get busted you lose a much larger chunk of the cash you have on you, or that you can get mugged .... because when was the last time you saw anyone carrying 20-30 thousand dollars around in theyre wallet .... the bank will by like it is in real life, a safer place to keep your money.
icon14.gif cookie.gif

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

i think that there should be 2 different types of ATM's. One with a blue screen (like in GTA IV), and a green or purple screen for money transactions

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 07:17)
i think that there should be 2 different types of ATM's. One with a blue screen (like in GTA IV), and a green or purple screen for money transactions

Why not just one screen with options.... Triangle/Y= Deposit/add money, square/X== Withdraw/take money, Cross/A==Confirm/Agree, circle/B= Cancel/disagree

Simple.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 18:02)
QUOTE (mdr279 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 04:50)

icon14.gif smile.gif

What!?!?? How could you think that to be tedious, yet the "children" on this forum seem to want all the idiotic implements of realism like jail, gas/refueling, pets, so on and so forth.

All of those things are tedious, but i do not want them in game so there was no reason to bring that up.

For me personally, i don't see how having to search for a near-by ATM or local bank would be anymore side tracking as having to find back alley weapon caches or having to find a health regenerator of sorts before a mission because you, the player, realized he/she was low when approaching said objective (whether it be via finding a restaurant, food stand, prostitute, health pack, or ambulance).

It is no more side tracking than those things, but when you combine all these little nuances together it makes the game tedious and having to run back and forth. If ATM's and banks are very plentiful i wouldn't mind much and they are marked on the map.

cool.gif . Plus, it helps you prioritize for some of the after story (hopefully) things you might want to buy/invest in. for example, buying guns over clothes and maybe not having to buy the best weapon because you might get a bullet proof car customization option allowing you to save money and now have the opportunity to shop for clothes. Now whatever is remainder in your wallet, put it in the bank to save toward that house/apartment
Well to be honest, saving money in game in a bank holds no satisfaction for me, it makes no difference whether it is on hand or not.

PS: Its one more activity to do after the story..a reason to aquire wealth...and gives a reason to have ATMs in the game other than eye ....dont be kill joys

I wouldn't say depositing money into a bank after the story is something fun to do.

.... but Rockstar could quite easily adjust a few things to make the worthwhile of being used, for instance if you die or get busted you lose a much larger chunk of the cash you have on you, or that you can get mugged .... because when was the last time you saw anyone carrying 20-30 thousand dollars around in theyre wallet .... the bank will by like it is in real life, a safer place to keep your money.

I can see the purpose in this, but the amount of cash you lose when you die/get busted is already capped at like $3000.
Also how do you get mugged in game? How does that work? They run past and grab your purse? Oh wait your a dude so your wallet is in your pocket, hmm how about they hold you at gun point, well you can just kill them, and if they do take your money chase them and take it back.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 07:27)
QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 07:17)

Why not just one screen with options.... Triangle/Y= Deposit/add money, square/X== Withdraw/take money, Cross/A==Confirm/Agree, circle/B= Cancel/disagree

Simple.

That actually is simple, than what i suggested about blue/green ATM screen

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:11 AM Edited by JStarr31, 12 March 2012 - 09:40 AM.

All of those things are tedious, but i do not want them in game so there was no reason to bring that up.

I brought it up to compare how tedious it can really become and how this is less of a problem then your post made it out to seem. Honestly like you stated later on, if implemented, i'm sure R* would find a way to make ATMs more frequent by probably putting one on every corner in the city, becoming less frequent in the outskirts, just about one in every convience store like 24/7, occasionally in food restaurants, and definitely out in the desert gas stations. Most likley also having them in airports too. My thoughts would be there is a parody of mobile on-line banking complete with the clich-length terms and agreements having you optionally link your SocialClub account with your in-game bank account (probably to show off assests, vehicles, social/living status, and wealth/net worth amongst friends) along with an app for you're phone just in case your to far from a bank/ATM.

. Well to be honest, saving money in game in a bank holds no satisfaction for me, it makes no difference whether it is on hand or not.

Totally understandable. But if viewing the trends of added realism, in terms subtlety, this would be a perfect addition as opposed to an individual walking around with potentially millions in his pocket at any given moment. Remember you always have the CHOICE to not use it, like in IV.

Hell, why not also add a safe at your SAFEhouse to stash that "under-the-table" money separate from that legal money also giving the bank purpose by maybe adding an intrest system in which a certain percentage of the total amount of earnings in the account is added to you're money just for letting it sit in the bank giving you another way to gain wealth. Your safe house safe does not carry this feature.

I wouldn't say depositing money into a bank after the story is something fun to do.

Saying it like that it isn't. Lol. But it would help you save so you can rampage with a more clear conscious, not worried about losing money due to lawyer fees/bribes/hospital bills.

lslarko
  • lslarko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 07:47)
I can see the purpose in this, but the amount of cash you lose when you die/get busted is already capped at like $3000.
Also how do you get mugged in game? How does that work? They run past and grab your purse? Oh wait your a dude so your wallet is in your pocket, hmm how about they hold you at gun point, well you can just kill them, and if they do take your money chase them and take it back.

what i mean is you lose that cap, therefor it makes it risky walking around with alot of money (and potentially drawing attention to yourself) and you get mugged like you do in the real world, you get attacked from behind knocked to the floor and take a damn good kick in.

or it could work like being busted with a low wanted leval, you throw your hands up and youre given the choice, but you need to bare in mind that if theres 3 of them at close range you maybe better off just giving them a chunk of money and being done with it.

GTAV_
  • GTAV_

B_E_N_1992

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

yes they were just a add-on in IV, they were pretty useless and should be improved on in V

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

I honestly dont see what other use ATM's could have other than checking your current money (which is in the top right anyway), how is being able to take money out of the bank and have it in paper form going to make any difference to the game in anyway atall. If I have 6372.38 in the bank and 24.62 in cash I will still at the end of the day have 6397.00 and will still be able to use that all in most shops. All having two sets of money in the game will do is annoy people who want to just buy guns and cant due to not having a chip & pin device in a gun van or back room and only having $20 in cash.

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

If there was some kind of bank fraud side mission that might be interesting... Like cheque kiting or stolen credit card cash advance or something of that sort.

gtacrazyz
  • gtacrazyz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

unless you can rob or be robbed, making money loss a possibility, then it would all make more sense?

its just an idea

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (lslarko @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 19:21)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 07:47)

what i mean is you lose that cap, therefor it makes it risky walking around with alot of money (and potentially drawing attention to yourself) and you get mugged like you do in the real world, you get attacked from behind knocked to the floor and take a damn good kick in.

or it could work like being busted with a low wanted leval, you throw your hands up and youre given the choice, but you need to bare in mind that if theres 3 of them at close range you maybe better off just giving them a chunk of money and being done with it.

Alright, good idea, the mugging idea is ok, and would probably add someething to the game, you would need to be more careful walking through back alleys at night and you should probably pack some heat.

Jstar I kind of like the social club idea and the ideas you and the other guy quoted.
I am not sold on the idea, but you guys have Proven to me you actually thought it out and that's what I want, too many idiot's with too many stupid not properly thought ideas.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

im sure i read somewhere that rockstar north wanted to put atm machines in gta 4 but they took it out and made the machines useless, in the gta 5 trailer at 0:36 you can see a sign that clearly says atm on it

anonymous1245
  • anonymous1245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

I don't think it was cash you used in GTA IV. I mean you could check your account balance using the ATMs, so maybe Niko had a bank account, and he used bank transfer when he bought weapons, payed hospital charges etc. But yeah, ATMs were useless anyway.

IBrahemoX1X
  • IBrahemoX1X

STFU

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Nigel xD @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 05:45)
The ATMs in GTA IV were a complete joke.
I really hope they make it much better in V or else they should just scrap the idea altogether.

i'm with you ,,,

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (gtacrazyz @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 01:33)
the idea of using atm machines was cool, although not being able to use them for anything other than checking how much money you had made them relatively useless.

would be cool if after certain transactions money was put into your account and could then withdraw more money from them or better yet, making banks useable (this tying in with the whole robbery of banks scenario)

what are peoples thoughts on this?

could perhaps make buying properties or clubs and what not more of a nice background feature for money making with the occasional related mission

alien.gif

Using ATMs to access more money but at the same time storing it?

icon14.gif

Soccermad21
  • Soccermad21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Maybe they could do something in which when you die or get busted, you lose all the money you are carrying with you, so you should always store your money and it would be risky to Walk around with like $ 200,000 on you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users