» «
Photo

gta3.img won't rebuild - I/O error 131 etc

21 replies to this topic
powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:10 PM Edited by powerofpencil, 11 March 2012 - 03:15 PM.

My gta3.img won't rebuild no matter which program I use. Some error/problem would always come up..

When I try with ALCI error "Failed to set entrydata" appears
When I try with Spark some Microsoft Windows error appears
When I try with IMGTOOL error "I/O error 131" appears
When I try with G-IMG some Microsoft Windows error appears
When I try with Crazy IMG Editor it just gets stuck then exits

Is there another program I have yet tried with? However if 5 programs don't work, 3 of them being the most famous img files programs, then obviously the problem is not them.

Ideas?

Notes:
- Yes, I have run all programs as Administrator, and my gta3.img's read-only is not ticked, also I have full control on it

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Run IMG tools as administrator to make sure that you have privileges to modify IMG archive when it's installed in "Program Files" directory.

Click right on exe -> Run as administrator.

Also make sure that IMG archives have no "read-only" attribute. Untick this attribute in properties of whole GTA SA directory.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 15:11)
Run IMG tools as administrator to make sure that you have privileges to modify IMG archive when it's installed in "Program Files" directory.

Click right on exe -> Run as administrator.

Also make sure that IMG archives have no "read-only" attribute. Untick this attribute in properties of whole GTA SA directory.

Forgot to mention that, gonna edit main post. Thanks for replying anyway! biggrin.gif

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:23 PM Edited by fastman92, 11 March 2012 - 03:28 PM.

What's size of your gta3.img in bytes?

Open task manager -> Processes.
Make sure there's no gta_sa.exe active.

Download Unlocker and check whether gta3.img isn't used by any process. Maybe antivirus.

I checked an error code.

ERROR_NEGATIVE_SEEK
131 (0x83)

An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 15:23)
What's size of your gta3.img in bytes?

Open task manager -> Processes.
Make sure there's no gta_sa.exe active.

Download Unlocker and check whether gta3.img isn't used by any process. Maybe antivirus.

I checked an error code.

ERROR_NEGATIVE_SEEK
131 (0x83)

An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

- It's 4,084,637,696 bytes.

- It's not active in task manager > Processes.

- The Unlocker says "it's not locked".

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:56 PM Edited by fastman92, 11 March 2012 - 04:03 PM.

You've reached the limit of 2 GB, most of IMG editors use unsigned to store position to seek in IMG archive.
It actually is attempting to seek up to 4 084 637 696 - (2^32) = -210 329 600th byte.

Game limit of IMG archive is 4 GB, but most of IMG editors lack in support of archives over 4 GB.

Use IMG Manager
It works on unsigned integer, thereby it supports IMG archives up to 4 GB in size.

I advise to split up gta3.img and gta_int.img: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061116009
But export some of files from gta3.img to any directory to keep a size under 2 GB. Run IMG_ORganizer.bat.
Restore these files back to gta3.img and run IMG_Organizer.bat again.
Script can't work on archives over 2 GB as well.

You will have a structure of IMG archives similar to GTA IV. No more big gta3.img file.
Installing mods is possible too. Just Run Img_organizer.bat after putting files to gta3.img or gta_int.img depending on where they had to be put to.
IMG Limit Adjuster 3.0 or newer is required

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 15:56)
You've reached the limit of 2 GB, most of IMG editors use unsigned to store position to seek in IMG archive.
It actually is attempting to seek up to 4 084 637 696 - (2^32) = -210 329 600th byte.

Game limit of IMG archive is 4 GB, but most of IMG editors lack in support of archives over 4 GB.

Use IMG Manager
It works on unsigned integer, thereby it supports IMG archives up to 4 GB in size.

I advise to split up gta3.img and gta_int.img: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061116009
But export some of files from gta3.img to any directory to keep a size under 2 GB. Run IMG_ORganizer.bat.
Restore these files back to gta3.img and run IMG_Organizer.bat again.
Script can't work on archives over 2 GB as well.

You will have a structure of IMG archives similar to GTA IV. No more big gta3.img file.
Installing mods is possible too. Just Run Img_organizer.bat after putting files to gta3.img or gta_int.img depending on where they had to be put to.
IMG Limit Adjuster 3.0 or newer is required

My game crashes on load (I've installed everything you said)

It does work with SAMP doesn't it?

What do I do with the 'source' folder of 'GTA SA Img Limit Adjuster'? Where do I put it if anywhere?

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

My SAMP just crashes dude, and I did exactly as instructed. The only thing I see is missing is GTA San Andreas v1.0 [US] HOODLUM No-CD Fixed EXE:
EXE size: 14 383 616 bytes

I made a search on google and couldn't find this gtasa.exe version, but I doubt this is the reason my SAMP crashes.
Should I move any files to models folder? Because I read somewhere I need to put some files in models folder, is it true? Or is it just GTA SA directory and data folder?

Is there any chance you can just upload me yours so I could just extract?

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Source - no where, you don't need. It's for programmers.

IMG Organizer doesn't work with SA-MP since gta.dat is not loaded on SA-MP. It always uses default gta.dat
You have to install mods in huge gta3.img. Use IMG Manager by XMan.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 19:04)
Source - no where, you don't need. It's for programmers.

IMG Organizer doesn't work with SA-MP since gta.dat is not loaded on SA-MP. It always uses default gta.dat
You have to install mods in huge gta3.img. Use IMG Manager by XMan.

Alright.

IMG Manager is great, it seems the archive now fully rebuilds with no errors, however in-game I see no difference. The mods I installed (Sultan mod in this case) appear as if not installed - I see in-game the same custom Rockstar sultan car.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Rebuilding is necessary to keep IMG archive as small as possible.
The present IMG editors lack in adding or removing files. Old files arent't really removed, img editors don't do that hence IMG archive is growing up and amount of unused space in IMG archive rises by the time of editing.
Nothing changes in game, maybe performance a little.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 19:33)
Rebuilding is necessary to keep IMG archive as small as possible.
The present IMG editors lack in adding or removing files. Old files arent't really removed, img editors don't do that hence IMG archive is growing up and amount of unused space in IMG archive rises by the time of editing.
Nothing changes in game, maybe performance a little.

What do you suggest me to do then if I want to install a mod and rebuild my archive?

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

You don't need to rebuild. Just if you see that it's unnaturally big, bigger than it ought to be, then rebuild archive.
I am also not sure if IMG Manager has overcome this issue.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 19:40)
You don't need to rebuild. Just if you see that it's unnaturally big, bigger than it ought to be, then rebuild archive.

I need to rebuild archive not only for new installed mods, but also I have this problem when I aim M4 the animation is bugged (no it's not about the anim folder I have the original one) and I was told others had it too and what they did to fix it was rebuild their gta3.img archives.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (powerofpencil @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 20:43)

I need to rebuild archive not only for new installed mods, but also I have this problem when I aim M4 the animation is bugged (no it's not about the anim folder I have the original one) and I was told others had it too and what they did to fix it was rebuild their gta3.img archives.

Wrong thinking.
On standard game "anim\anim.img" is unused.
Files are placed in gta3.img instead.

You may try to export all files from anim.img and import these into gta3.img, you'll restore original animations then.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (fastman92 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 19:50)
QUOTE (powerofpencil @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 20:43)

Wrong thinking.
On standard game "anim\anim.img" is unused.
Files are placed in gta3.img instead.

You may try to export all files from anim.img and import these into gta3.img, you'll restore original animations then.

Ok so this time I added the sultan files without rebuilding archive. There are no changes confused.gif It's as if I didn't install the sultan mod at all

And about the anim - I just did as you said, exported them from anim.img and imported into gta3.img and it still bugs when I aim the M4. Note that I also have the original M4 so it's not the weapon itself confused.gif

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

I don't know the answer, i guess you have to start modding of GTA SA again and see what mod that you install makes it buggy.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Ok, thanks for helping me! smile.gif

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

I still have that problem, anyone else please? smile.gif

rs4playpop
  • rs4playpop

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (rs4playpop @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 09:53)
The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

What? cry.gif

powerofpencil
  • powerofpencil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Fixed! Help me here instead please! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users