» «
Photo

[TSoAS] The Story of A Soldier

50 replies to this topic
Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:21 AM Edited by -S-hark21, 04 July 2012 - 01:25 PM.

user posted image

user posted image
Logo 2
Logo 3

I know that it's the same name with my first mission pack that I made. But this time, it's different, the story, the missions, etc. All of it are different.
I also know that I already have another missionpack that I haven't done. But I already planned this 1 month ago. And on March, I will make the topic. And here it is.

Contents

Story

Characters
Missions
Credits
Written Reviews
Video Reviews

user posted image

Allen Johnson, a newcomer who join the San Andreas Army (SAA).
He once had a brother... who died in a battlefield.
His brother, Richard Johnson, is a Captain to San Andreas Army. He did many great jobs.

But one day...

Richard Johnson and Ryan Charles, were currently in a battlefield.
They were outnumbered by the San Andreas Terrorists (SAT).
They have win the battle, Ryan survive but... Richard... didn't make it...

Allen Johnson...

Going to avenge his brother. His going to end the San Andreas Terrorists.
And more, Ryan Charles is now his trainer in the San Andreas Army.
Will Allen Johnson accomplish his job?

Play the mission pack and you'll know!

user posted image

Name Description
Protagonist
Allen Johnson He is Richard's little brother. He wanted to avenge the SAT for his brother's dead.
Major Characters
Ryan Charles He is Richard partner, since the day they joined. And now, he is Allen trainer.
Richard Johnson He is Allen's big brother. The Captain of the San Andreas Army. Many people respect him.
Sullivan Hayes He is also Ryan's pupil. Which is Allen's partner.
John Turner He is also Ryan's Pupil. Had a terrifying life since the SAT came.
Minor Characters
James Watson He is the new Captain of the SAA.
Wills King The General of the SAA. Old but strong. Still respected.
Edward Carter An ex army of the SAA. Has left SAA for 5 years, but he's back. Only to help. Not to join.
Gangs/Team
San Andreas Army The official soldiers of San Andreas.
San Andreas Terrorists Terrorists. Killing, is their hobbies
Snake Head A group of bikers. Working with the SAT. They do anything for money. And girls.
More Characters will be update...

user posted image

Mission Number Mission Name Mission Link
Act 1 : The Training [Download]
Mission 1.1 Introduction http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17849
Mission 1.2 The Training http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17912
Mission 1.3 Underground Training http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17976
Mission 1.4 Stealth Training http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17977
Mission 1.5 Training in the desert http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17978
Mission 1.6 The Last Training http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=17979
Act 2 : The Enemy SAA Fighting
Mission 2.1 'Ghost Town' War http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=18067
Mission 2.2 Trouble in SF http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=18601
Mission 2.3 Getting to City Hall - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=19592 (Hard)
- http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=19658 (Easy)
Mission 2.4 Saving James http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=19711
Mission 2.5 Hostages http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=19767
Mission 2.6 Getting John back http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=19783
--- --- ---

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:22 AM Edited by -S-hark21, 29 June 2012 - 02:35 PM.

user posted image

Review Mission 1.1 [Notna] :

QUOTE (Notna)
Notna here making the review of the mission Introduction from -S-hark21's mission series The Story of A Soldier.

Writing: Excellent. With a pertty good dialogues and good grammar, writing is excellent. Just few minor grammar errors, not anything major.
Presentation: Excellent. Great cutscene angles and an surprising and very good explosive cutscene in the end makes it great.

Length: Decent. The mission took only about 4 minutes to complete. You play as the main character Allen's brother Richard in a flashback, who has to protect himself and his allie Ryan from the attacking enemies/terrorists/whatever.
Difficulty: Easy. The enemies are quite numerious and they have really high health but you have a good cover from the boxes.
Variety: Good. The characters are Richard and Ryan, both with soldier skins. The enemies have a good variety of different skins. The weapons include Colt 733/M4, MP5A3, Norinco 56/AK-47 and Ithaca 37/shotgun.

Overall, the mission is very good. There is not much where I could give critic, maybe you should give even more cover because of the number of enemies. Anyhow, good work and you must keep it up.

If you want a rating, 8.8. Keep up icon14.gif

Review Mission 1.2 until 1.6 [Arejai] :

QUOTE (Arejai @ Wednesday, Mar 21 2012, 00:13)
Greeting everyone. I'm going to review a mission pack called The Story of The Soldier by Shark21 . He requested the 2nd to 6th mission to be reviewed.

Here's the link to the official page: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=503616

Let's get going to the review:

Writing (Good) I found a little spelling mistakes in these 5 missions such as 'lelel', that is actually 'level'. Lol, I'm laughing so hard when I saw this word. The writing can be better. Otherwise, good.

Presentation (Very Good) All the cutscenes is well accurated and some of them are positioned on a good angles.

The Training

Length (Good) It can be done in 5 minutes. With only a sanchez, without any guns of stuff, we must to get to 'The Big Ear'. We're pursuing by other soldiers, though. After reached the destination, we must kill a soldiers in a given time.

Difficulty (Medium) Not too hard, not too easy. Just medium. The enemy has a medium health and using a 9mm.

Variety (Decent) There are not so much types of actors, weapons, vehicles and objects. We're given a 9mm as same as the enemy.

Underground Training

Length (Good) It can be done in 6 - 7 minutes. With other two partners, we must get into the underground and fight our way to the last checkpoint where someone is waiting for us.

Difficulty (Hard) The enemy has a medium health, medium accuracy and used a strong weapons such as M4 and shotgun, while only have MP5.

Variety (Good) There are not so much types of actors, but this time, we'll see a different kind of weapons being used by the enemies.

Stealth Training

Length (Decent) It can be done in around 4 minutes. Start from the previous room, we need to meet someone through all the patrolling & standing guards. A good stealh will lead us to the last checkpoint in time.

Difficulty (Hard) The stealth is a bit challenging for me, because the guards patrolled at a very close to each other. So, we need to move fast, or otherwise, we'll get spotted easily.

Variety (Decent) Same as the 2nd mission, there are not so much types of actors and weapons.

Training In The Desert

Length (Good) It can be done in 5 minutes. With our partners, we'll surf down to the desert(abandoned plane), and face a lot of soldiers coming towards us. We must eliminate them all to pass the mission.

Difficulty (Hard) The enemies has a medium health and accuracy, and they're running towards us like a zombie with a guns. We're given an M4, though.

Variety (Good) The actor used is same(army & Toreno skin). the weapons include M4, MP5, rifle, shotgun and deagle. There are 2 - 3 types of objects used in this mission.

The Last Training

Length (Decent) It can be done in around 4 minutes. We need to pass the 3 level or 3 waves of enemies. The enemy increased in each level. With only M4 and the covers that didn't last long, we need to survive and pass all the levels.

Difficulty (Hard) The mission is hard because of the shattered covers that gives us a challenge. We need to kill them as fast as possible before the kill us. And same as the above missions, they has a medium health and accuracy.

Variety (Decent) Same as the above mission, there are not too much types of actors,  and objects.

Overall, the missions can be considered a pretty good training. I loved the stealth training, and the last training. They're very challenging. I don't have anything to say. But, anyway, nice training, keep it up, and don't give up.  biggrin.gif

Rating
Actions : 9.1/10
Cutscenes : 8.9/10
Writing : 8/10
Overall : 8.7/10

By Arejai

Review Mission 2.1 until 2.4 [lee_atsugai] :

QUOTE (lee_atsugai @ Friday, Jun 29 2012, 17:55)
Hello everyone. Today, I'm going to review a mission pack called The Story of A Soldier by -S-hark 21 . He requested 4 missions from Chapter 2 to be reviewed. The topic leading to the missions:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=503616

Here's the review:

Writings: Very Good - There are some grammar errors, but I didn't found any writing mistakes in the missions. Nice using on the text coloring
Presentation: Excellent - Awesome cutscene angles, the actors are given perfect animation, making the mission more lively and have a lot of action in it.

'Ghost Town' War

Length: Good - It can be done in 5 minutes. Allen and his team must help James' army to eliminate the SAT in 'Ghost Town'
Difficulty: Hard - The first part of the shootout should be easy. The hard part is when the enemies are attacking from West and the East. They carry some powerful gun like Shotguns and Rifles and have medium health
Variety: Excellent - The mission contains a huge variety of vehicles, objects, weapons and random actors as the SAT

Trouble in SF

Length: Good - It can be done in 6 minutes. Ryan send Allen and his team to San Fierro because the SAT already take over San Fierro
Difficulty: Very Hard - The enemies have medium health, some of them have high accuracies and have powerful weapons, and the last part of the mission requires you to be fast, otherwise you're a dead man
Variety: Very Good - As the mission contain a lot of different cars, huge variety on actors and various weapons from SAT arsenals, but no object used in this mission

Getting to City Hall

Length: Short - It can be done in 3 minutes. Ryan finally contact Allen's team. He send Allen and his team to reinforce James in the city hall.
Difficulty: Too Hard! - The enemies have medium health, some of them have medium accuracies, some of them carry some powerful weapons, like RPG, Shotguns and Desert Eagle. The escaping part leave you no mistake in riding your bike, otherwise you're a dead man in seconds.
Variety: Good - As the mission contains low variety on actors and vehicles, one object, but various weapons from SAT Arsenals

Saving James

Length: Good - It can be done in 6 minutes. Allen and Sullivan finally arrive at the City Hall, helping james before he got killed by the SAT
Difficulty: Hard - The enemies have low and medium health with high accuracies. Some of them carry powerful weapons, such as Shotguns and Rifle.
Variety: Excellent - There are large variety of actors, vehicles, weapons and objects are used in the mission.

Overall, these missions are very well made. Good choices on the mission and good use on placing those objects. The difficulty can be lowered a bit, especially in mission "Getting to City Hall". It can make some players frustrated when playing the mission. Last word, good job and keep up the good work icon14.gif

lee _ atsugai

user posted image

Review Whole Chapter 1 [SatournFan] :

user posted image

• Mockage - For the logo 1
• Narcis_Speed6 - For the logo 2 and headers
• Vertical Limit - For the logo 3
• -S-hark21 - For designing the missions
• Notna - For the review Mission 1.1
• Arejai - For the review Mission 1.2 until 1.6
• SatournFan - For the TSoAS signature and his f*cking awesome and funny review!
• UNRATED69 - For the TSoAS signature
• lee_atsugai - For the review Mission 2.1 until 2.4
All who play and post feedback

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Looks nice icon14.gif
I 'll play this for sure when you've some missions done.

Good luck smile.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I've done the first mission. You can play it now and post feedback. smile.gif
And thanks too.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

I loved army theme mission pack. I'll try this for sure. biggrin.gif

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have played the introduction. What I can say is nicely and greatly done. The rainy weather fits the cutscenes where Allen explains things about the current situation. Even though it's just all cutscenes, you really made a big effort doing it which result in an awesome outcome. What I like the most is the explosion/bombing scene, it's very very awesome, it's like really an air support from an army, it has patterns. Overall, the intro is awesomely done. KEEP IT UP!

Ratings:
5/5 icon14.gif icon14.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:33 PM Edited by -S-hark21, 11 March 2012 - 01:05 PM.

@Arejai

Thanks Arejai, don't forget to post feedback alright? biggrin.gif

@IXMJXI

Thanks for you feedback. And for the full rating. That's awesome man! biggrin.gif
I didn't thought it will be that good. And by the way, I remake that mission 3 times.
Because of crash. So, I pretty work hard on that. tounge.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

I played the first mission. I should admit, it was really awesome. I just loved the air strike. I'm damn sure, you've worked a lot in this mission. Wow, what a way to start thing with. The surviving part just reminded me of the Call of Duty. It was awesome too. Keep it up, man. I'm gonna try this mission pack.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Finally you made this topic! Goodluck and i'll play this,like Alex Reed stories!

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

love the air support scene. this is the first time in DYOM when i watch Air Support scene.
keep up the good work smile.gif icon14.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

@shiva s
Hey, thanks man. And for your feedback too. Glad you like it. I really do work hard on that, around 3 hours. suicidal.gif

AnDReJ98
Thanks dude. Make sure you post feedback alright? biggrin.gif

@lee_atsugai
First time? Well, did you play Codename : Zulu? There's also air support, and it's much more better than mine.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Glad you like it. smile.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Played the introduction.

I must say that it's a great introduction! Really good work. I loved the air strike, it's very long. lol.gif
Anyway, good job. biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for your feedback Arejai. Yeah, the air strike is very long. Look at the amount of the objects in the download page. lol.gif
Once again, thanks for your feedback and for playing. biggrin.gif

SS Brigade
  • SS Brigade

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Been waiting for this, good luck, gonna try this also! tounge2.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Thanks dude. Feedback would be appreciate.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

2nd mission is uploaded. Look at the main post to download.
By the way, I decided to make this mission around 2/3 chapter.
So it will be short. Then I'll continue my mission pack Alex Reed Stories.

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 10:09)
2nd mission is uploaded. Look at the main post to download.
By the way, I decided to make this mission around 2/3 chapter.
So it will be short. Then I'll continue my mission pack Alex Reed Stories.

Been waiting... Gonna try it soon.! biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

@IXMJXI

Thanks, post feedback alright? biggrin.gif

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:16 PM Edited by lee_atsugai, 16 March 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Played the 2nd Mission

Nice training mission you got there. I'm a little confuse when i want to search for the patriot. i walk around the place, but i didn't find it. when i almost give up, i see a patriot near the motorcycle! Man.... This training is much better than mine biggrin.gif

Rating: 4/5

Keep up1 smile.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for your feedback. Oh, can you make a spoiler on your post? I don't want people to know it. tounge.gif
Just put spoiler after "when I almost give up." tounge.gif
And, wow, thanks for the almost full rating. Glad you like it. biggrin.gif

_Ghost97
  • _Ghost97

This is 'Nam, baby!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

no problem

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Played the 2nd mission.

The training is very good. Love the 'run away' part. biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:13 AM Edited by -S-hark21, 19 March 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Thanks for your feedback Arejai. Glad you like it. smile.gif
Since I was inactice on the forums, I was making missions for this mission pack and here it is.

Third mission released - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17976
Fourth mission released - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17977
Fifth mission released - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17978
Sixth Mission Released - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17979

End of Act 1. Download all mission in Act 1 coming soon.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Finished Act 3. You're improving a lot. I see a great future for you. Keep it up.
Now, the second mission was a bit tough. I never expected RPG soldiers on the way.
The 3rd mission was too hard. Remeber, no beginners will get 40 to 50 soldiers to fight in the training. But, I was impressed. I really liked it. The stealth mission was the best. Waiting for the further missions.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

@shiva s

Act 3? lol.gif It's act 1 actually. tounge.gif
Anyway, thanks for you feedback. About the second mission, I just want to make it more fun than just chasing.
And the third mission, how many minute you take to pass the mission?

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ah, sorry. I was typing it fast. I don't remeber the time but I wanna say I really liked your missions. You really have a great future, man. Keep it up.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:22 AM Edited by -S-hark21, 25 March 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Mission 2.1 uploaded.

Link - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=18067

Please play and post feedback. It would be appreciate. smile.gif

After all his training, Allen health's got increased.

Blue Ray Team
  • Blue Ray Team

Crocodile Games

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Best Missions!! I like them biggrin.gif !!
Cheers biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Ah, Blue Ray Team. The Team from the DYOM Site. Welcome to the forums man. biggrin.gif
And thanks, glad you like them. smile.gif

tinu09
  • tinu09

Watchaf*ck

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hey man cool missions but.. I can't play now San Andreas for play all sad.gif ( I instaled a fucckked mod and my game was deleted but if i want to Un-install i can't and says Play Gta san andreas when i don't have in my pc now... sad.gif ( But good job! icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users