Grand Theft Auto Vice City Chain Game Tenth Round
The Chain Game is for anyone who wants to play along, we are going to start a game from the beginning and take it to 100%.
Please read the Rules & Guidelines before you start to play.
The Rules & Guidelines are here so that the game can progress and everyone can have an enjoyable experience and contribute to bringing the game to 100%.
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to join in, simply follow the Quick Start Guide for now and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now, but eventually you'll have to...
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
Quick Start Guide
1. Call a turn by posting in this topic.
2. Download the last save.
3. Play one mission (if there is more than one available, choose the one you desire)
4. Upload your save to Samutz Save'N'Play
5. Post the link to your game back here within 3 hours. Edit your original posting to do this.
Here's a copy & paste template for the posting format you should use.
• Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but also for the other players. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect in a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them.
• Call a turn by posting in the topic.
• Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game and take it to 100%. After 100%, we can see who has the fastest racing and challenge times.
• Complete ONE NAMED MISSION ONLY , save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link back in the topic (use the Edit button).
• The definition of a "Named Mission" is "any mission that changes the save file name". Examples are "Mall Shootout", "The Driver" and "Hog Tied".
• Several named missions are exempt from the 'one named mission rule', for various reasons. Find all details on these in the Supplement To The Rules.
• Use Samutz Save'N'Play to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down you can use Rapidshare, FileFront or YouSendit.
• Use the preferred posting format (see below).
• Wait until 3 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.
• If 6 hours pass without another gamer completing a turn, then the '3 mission rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean to wait 6 hours between personal turn calls.
• The time limit to complete your turn is 3 hours. The post time in the topic will be used. The timer starts when a mission is called but for the timer to start counting down, the caller must give a strong indication that he is taking the turn. After 3 hours have passed and the caller has not posted back, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a turn.
• The caller may call a forfeit. The forfeiter should wait at least one turn before calling another mission/turn. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '3 mission rule' and will not reset the 6 hour timer.
• In the event of two gamers calling a turn, the first one does the turn.
• Mission strategy is up to the caller - just don't use cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts.
• Do not save after getting busted or wasted.
• The caller may purchase weapons, tools, clothes, food, safehouses, businesses, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please let us know about any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
• The caller may do any collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please report any extra stuff in the Notes section.
• The players are encouraged to get to the Mainland and Starfish Island (to do collections, side jobs or whatever) by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
• Players can do one race if you also do a named mission.
- You can do up to three races if you do not do a named mission as well.
• We expect the players to adhere to the gtaforums.com rules. This includes "No warez/piracy (linking to, requesting or discussion of illegally obtaining copyrighted material) & Never open multiple accounts."
A request to all players
Please try to post the completion percentage from the stats after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the stats at the end of the round. The completion % can be found in the fisrt line of STATS.
• Try to keep the mission failures to minimum unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know in the Notes section.
• Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
• Try to save with full armor.
• Save close to available missions when possible.
• Let’s try to have the last save for 100% be "Keep Your Friends Close", so try to get everything else done before that.
• Collect ammo when possible, but please keep it below 10000 for weapons with clip count. Some players like to see the clip count which disappears when the ammo exceeds 9999 (an empty clip can be fatal, seeing the clip count helps with fast reloading by switching weapons back and forth before the clip is empty).
Supplement To The Rules
(by crazyanurag, arsen vitiuk & JAJ)
This supplement is designed to discuss some of the technicalities of the Chain Game's rules, and it was thought best to provide these in the original post.
Abuse of the '3 Mission Rule':
Callers are encouraged to understand the basic ethos of the Chain Game. One should only call a mission, once the previous caller has completed his/her called mission and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound. Hence, to call a mission while a previous one is being completed, defeats the entire logic of the chain. Let's also consider the fact that when a mission/turn is called that the 3 hour timer has started.
Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission Rule':
1. 'Lame Missions':
- "An Old Friend"
- "The Boatyard"
- "Cherry Poppers Ice creams"
- "Kaufman Cabs"
- "Sunshine Autos"
Although these are named missions, there isn't any action going on and they can be played with any mission/turn.
2. Stadium Missions:
The player can complete these even if playing another named mission. Also, these missions can be replayed by others to improve record times.
- "Cone Crazy"
- "PCJ Playground"
- "Trial By Dirt"
- "Test Track"
These are exceptions from the 'one named mission rule' and can be combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these challenges can be replayed by others to improve record times.
4. TOPFUN missions:
- "RC Bandit Race"
- "RC Baron Race"
- "RC Raider Pickup"
These are also exceptions from the 'one named mission rule' and can therefore be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these missions can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
5. Chopper Checkpoints:
- Little Haiti Chopper Checkpoint
- Ocean Beach Chopper Checkpoint
- Vice Point Chopper Checkpoint
- Downtown Chopper Checkpoint
These missions can be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these missions can be replayed by others to improve record times.
6. Vice Street Races (Sunshine Autos):
- "Terminal Velocity"
- "Ocean Drive"
- "Border Run"
- "Capital Cruise"
- "VC Endurance"
If player is playing a named mission, he can complete ONLY ONE RACE. If he is not playing a named mission, he can complete NO MORE THAN 3 RACES per turn. Also, these races can be replayed by others to improve record times.
7. Asset missions:
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Strip dance
These missions can be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, Checkpoint Charlie can be replayed by others to improve record time.
Other things to keep in mind:
1. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Stunt Jumps/Robbery
Feel free to get any of these but remeber: the 3-hour rule remains the same. Also, put any HP/rampages/USJ/Robbery and rewards received for them into the 'Notes' section.
2. Sunshine Autos Vehicle Delivery
All callers are allowed to participate in delivering cars, and this does not have to be completed separately. Callers can help by storing cars on the lists beforehand.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions.
Called by: Use your GTAForums account name.
Link: The link to your uploaded save file, after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Completion percentage from stats section.
Notes: Anything pertinent to the mission/strategy or extra stuff done.
A simple "I'll take a turn" is enough to call a turn (most players do it this way), but please use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template you can copy and paste, it'll look just like the example above. Feel free to change the colors to your liking.
I got the idea for the Chain Game from OrionSR in August 2005.
crazyanurag, & arsen vitiuk for the Supplement to the Rules.
miromiro for doing the checklist.
miromiro for doing the stats.
Narcis_speed6 for the banner & chains artwork.
Chain Game Officers