Photo

How to re-use GTAIV objects in a self-made map

3 replies to this topic
PanosD
  • PanosD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Since there is no Map Editor for IV like previous GTA games, when someone wants to re-use gta iv generic objects, such as trees, lammposts, benches and stuff like that, how is he supposed to access them and place them in the correct place??

Ive tried mass import in 3ds max via GIMS, but only dummies of objects are imported, not the real models... AM i doing it the wrong way??

Sorry if this has been covered before, but if someone could answer , it would be great help !

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

You must export all needed models to the openFormats using OpenIV, then click "*" near to the WPL import button, and select "With models".
Then press import, and specify the models path.

PanosD
  • PanosD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

ok thanks for helping me again and replying fast! hope there were more guys like u out there... will try what u said when i have time!

PanosD
  • PanosD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

sorry for asking again, but 3Doomer, if u have time, i would like you to give more details and be a a bit more specific on what i need to do, to (for example) duplicate a lamppost and use it on my map... I am not asking you to waste ur time and describe the process step by step, just tell me the general idea of what things i have to do, because ure last answer didnt quite help me...

thanx again....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users