Photo

[VC|WIP] VC Beta Airport

91 replies to this topic
Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 01:40)
see no offense but what's the interest of your mod . i mean we already have an airport why having a second low res one and most of all an area that is among VC most unpersonal ones ?? if you would have done Miami beach or ocean drive i would have understood but the airport , i mean there's nothing special there ??

Oh congrats!!your'e killing his motivation! mad.gif

Mega.
  • Mega.

Part Time Cannibal, Part Time Businessman

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Saturday, Sep 15 2012, 21:40)
see no offense but what's the interest of your mod . i mean we already have an airport why having a second low res one and most of all an area that is among VC most unpersonal ones ?? if you would have done Miami beach or ocean drive i would have understood but the airport , i mean there's nothing special there ??

It's a fun place to escape from cops and do some stunts, if you don't like, would you please leave? smile.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

gnarf , gnarf . if it's not a mod properly said but just an attempt to help these that would be interested in recreating VC , then yes it's nice . but as a standalone mod personnally i won't download a 10 years old graphics mod ..

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

So get out of here, you modern freak.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Progress Report - No.8

Here is a small update showing the changes made to the end of the Runway and the covering up of the tunnel entrance, I have also modified the fence around that area to conform with the new changes of the ground. Some of you might have noticed that I have gone through this topic and cleaned up my Posts and also redone the first post which if you have not seen you I suggest you go and have a look at. wink.gif

[Click on Images to see a larger version]
user posted imageuser posted image

(8bit PNG to Decrease file size)

--------------------
@ jpm1, I appreciate you showing interest in the mod, but I do not like you spamming in this topic so now if you have nothing positive to say regarding the mod then don't come back in here.
@ everyone else, If jpm1 spams more in the topic just ignore it and I will get the moderators/admins to deal with it.

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

It looks great!
Also first post is good!

misha777
  • misha777

For Motherland! LOL

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wow! I like it! icon14.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Keep going the good work ! wink.gif

vicetommy
  • vicetommy

''Hey hey it's mister V.''

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

good mod

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

As a just in case for those who have not seen the updated first post, all future updates to this mod will also be parallel posted in This Topic until all of the airport is completed and released. Then any future updates and changes will be made in that other topic only.

stevenjeter1
  • stevenjeter1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 00:02)
I am facing a little dilemma with this mod, so as seen below that is the thing everyone calls the "Ghost Tower", but if that is the ghost tower can you tell me what is to the left of it in the next picture.....

user posted image

Huh, another Ghost Tower.....
user posted image

It is the angle the boat was at from the top picture. The angles are a bit off. I think that is the lod of the actual radio control tower in the final version. Maybe...

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (stevenjeter1 @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 09:25)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 00:02)
I am facing a little dilemma with this mod, so as seen below that is the thing everyone calls the "Ghost Tower", but if that is the ghost tower can you tell me what is to the left of it in the next picture.....

user posted image

Huh, another Ghost Tower.....
user posted image

It is the angle the boat was at from the top picture. The angles are a bit off. I think that is the lod of the actual radio control tower in the final version. Maybe...

The LOD has already been accounted for in the picture, and then there is a second tower sitting further back, ITBTD actually has shown/found where the second tower would have been located on the map.

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061706893

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

I've been meaning to finish this Airport off for the last couple years, but I still cant wrap my head around exactly what to do on the right side. It seems there is a couple different Beta/Alpha maps created that show different things at different points.

Based on the map found at Sunshine autos some of the airport is set out different to how I followed the LOD Map, on this map what I originally made as a road appears more like a second smaller runway, with no building at the end, but it also looks like there is no wall or anything at the top end of it, it looks like there is a small inlet at the top right corner of it with a wall as I doubt that is a road leading from little havana along side the possible runway, so perhaps all that cream/yellow in the LOD map is not a building as suspected, but is sand, now even the more I look at the LOD Map the more I think it is a second runway, damn R* for never showing any beta shots at the Airport, AND, for cutting the ghost tower out of all the shots near the airport too, there is about 5 beta pics taken in little havana, and all of them that would have a view of the ghost tower have either tommy, a house, or something else blocking the area out, or were taken parallel to its location but the shot was taken facing north or south away from it. smashpc.gif

We need an insider at R* to spill the beans on the VC Beta, going through all my resources I see lots of different things to the final version and would love some answers on some of the things I see.

ViceCityBetaMapSunshineAutos.png

p5TkA.jpg

Anyway, I guess while this gets debated, I still have tonnes of references to help me perfect the Beta Cars TripleAs donated to the VC Beta Collection to use.

and make few more final ones he missed.

• darthvader20011, Mega. and AdusPL like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:49 PM Edited by Kalvin, 01 July 2014 - 05:17 PM.

This was the last attempt I made of the BETA airport a few months back, if you want to use anything as a 'reference'.

Spoiler

Excuse the black, blame GIMS and blah.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the idea Mandog, that is another way of looking at it, but I feel that according to the Sunshine Autos map above it looks like a runway, but then if it is, whats  the point of the small road running along the edge of the airport higher up, since its just you and me discussing this again, perhaps Ill do it as I see the Sunshine Autos Map and you can do your design from the LOD, hey there is nothing wrong with several different versions if they are based on different sources, Rockstar probably chopped and changed things around dozens of times so there probably is no one specific Beta map.

• Kalvin likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

It might just be a taxiway or a smaller runway for stuff like business jets. Do they use the same runway as the bigass jetliners do or would they use their own?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 02 July 2014 - 03:41 AM.

It might just be a taxiway or a smaller runway for stuff like business jets. Do they use the same runway as the bigass jetliners do or would they use their own?

Im not in a position to discuss how Airports work, i've never been to one and only been near one only a handful of times.

Anyway, I've started on the Beta Esperanto, its just a WIP shot, I've got to work on the quarter panels a little to get the bonnet height down a little lower.

wipshotbetaesperant.png

Edit: Bit more done!

wipshotbetaesp2.png

• Usman55, darthvader20011, universetwisters and 1 other like this

Usman55
  • Usman55

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Classy!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Finished version of the model has been posted in the main Vice Beta Collection Topic.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by Kalvin, 03 July 2014 - 11:11 AM.

rwe7mHT.png

The glitching with the hangar up top is because I just took this from KEd (removed the background) and it shows both sides of a polygon, in game it's fine though.

Here are some ingame pictures:

Spoiler

Nothing interesting to show, also gotta fix the lighting of the tower.

• ALMOST610 and Usman55 like this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

rwe7mHT.png

The glitching with the hangar up top is because I just took this from KEd (removed the background) and it shows both sides of a polygon, in game it's fine though.

Here are some ingame pictures:

Spoiler

Nothing interesting to show, also gotta fix the lighting of the tower.

I've been waiting to use this for a while....

threadjacked.gif

Nah, Kidding, Your map is looking good though Mandog.

• Kalvin and Mega. like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by Kalvin, 05 July 2014 - 12:18 AM.

cxWW9hG.png
Mostly done, got a few bugs to sort out and a few things to add, then it should be done.

Some screenshots:
9fpjyuAl.png
FUE0WJPl.jpg
BRqJpZhl.jpg

---------------------------------

..I feel that according to the Sunshine Autos map above it looks like a runway, but then if it is, whats  the point of the small road running along the edge of the airport higher up, since its just you and me discussing this again, perhaps Ill do it as I see the Sunshine Autos Map and you can do your design from the LOD..

You're right, it does appear as if it's a runway, with two taxiways leading off to the bigger one (looking at the LOD map). I'm not sure that the bit to the right of it is a road though, it looks like an alleyway or outline at the best.
  • Xanthi likes this

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:35 AM Edited by countergame, 05 July 2014 - 01:36 AM.

Yep, that can't be a runway, it's way too small. Even though the right one looks like a runway, maybe this one is used for the hangar.. That would make sense at least.

And about the radio towers, i think that the radio tower from ALMOST610 looks more identical to the LOD Model.

main-post-progress-thumb5.png

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yep, that can't be a runway, it's way too small. Even though the right one looks like a runway, maybe this one is used for the hangar.. That would make sense at least.

And about the radio towers, i think that the radio tower from ALMOST610 looks more identical to the LOD Model.

main-post-progress-thumb5.png

We are developing two different maps so we have made different radio towers, the only reason my ones looks like that is I was too lazy to make my own and it was easy to reshape the existing tower to the same size as the ghost LOD.

Please excuse the large file, but this is the only shot of the Ghost Tower in a non-LOD way and to be honest, I think it looks more square than rectangle and cant see a large antenna on top, Why did they have to place a Tree just there to block it out. so in the end we are both wrong with the Ghost Tower Model but accuracy of the mod is something hard to get correct when the only references are blurred lines for the map with guesswork and blocked out shots of mystery objects.

WhyTreeWhy.png

Just to make things clear, Mandog Kalvin (same person, I just like consistency so I dont confuse people when looking over these posts in the future) an I are currently talking about this map below, which looks to show a second runway, with what I think is possibly a wall outline next to it, but Mandog suggests could be a road, although I first thought it could be a road, I thought it was possibly a wall too as it seems to separate the water colour and ground colour, but I suppose there is no reason why it could not possibly be both.

You can see all different development stages of some areas in KEd when looking at the map. You can see lots of different stages of areas, if you look at the LOD's there is some areas you can tell have been remade as they dont match with the surrounding LOD's, even the texturing in some areas that we know have changed does not line up with areas around it. One of those areas is along the border in that circled area where the sand behind the houses ends and that lines with a wall/road part I circled on the map so that atleast shows something, but it also looks like there could have been more water slightly inland there but that seems to show only because the LOD for that area has been replaced at some point.

ViceCityBetaMapSunshineAutos.png

map12.png

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Working on a new Air Traffic Control Tower, to replace the one I've currently made.

Oe1Q3mx.png

It's *inspired* by the image in the background, so it's not going to have that much resemblance to the real life version.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by MajesticNL, 09 July 2014 - 12:16 AM.

Working on a new Air Traffic Control Tower, to replace the one I've currently made.
<LE PIC>

It's *inspired* by the image in the background, so it's not going to have that much resemblance to the real life version.

Those antennas are like spikes, tapered too much. I'd just add a slight taper, or just keep it cylindrical.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

2lxjx9c.png

Damn spike pits!
  • TripleAs, MajesticNL, _CP_ and 14 others like this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Alright, done, I think! :p
vGJI6LR.png

For the people who may be curious for what the stuff on the top is, it's this:
JYHhmQt.jpg

• Usman55, Xanthi, SaL_Leone and 1 other like this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I think that is better than the one you had in those earlier shots above.

• Mega. likes this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

NU0IltZ.png

I believe my job here is done :p

I'll start packin' the files tomorrow and release either then or the day after.
  • TripleAs, Ash_735, Usman55 and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users