Photo

Robbing Stores

19 replies to this topic
gtacrazyz
  • gtacrazyz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

i'd like to see the return of this feature tbh.

robbing people by locking onto them, maybe with some new animation for the thing itself but i think its a good idea overall. perhaps pick pocketing would be interesting?

discuss ways of robbing (items rather than cars etc)

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

yes one of my fav. featues in gtavc. it gives the player more to do.

_GTAFREAK_
  • _GTAFREAK_

Hustler

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is another very nice thing to do when we actually have... nothing to do. I like the way it worked back in VC, but if this thing ever returns, it should return with some improvements...

GTAV_
  • GTAV_

B_E_N_1992

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yes that was good in VC and you should be able to do this in any shop that has employee in.. you could rob random people in RDR but that wasn't done very well. If you could do rob stores like in VC (but updated to be more realistic) then this would be awesome. Just going into a store (like the one in the ace liquor scene in the V trailer) and robbing it and driving away into nowhere will look good.

whittle13
  • whittle13

I'm not a mod

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Shoplifting would be cool.
you go into a store e.g. a clothes store but instead of buying the things you want straight away they go into a basket. once your done shopping you can either go to the checkout and pay or run out the door with the basket in your hand and drive to your safehouse and save the items.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Careful With That Axe Eugene

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I think you should be able to rob banks and you know the places that store the money that the Securecor (sp?) vans deliver cash to and from?

Banks have difficulty levels. You start off robbing shops by yourself. Then as your able to hire (I mean actually pay people in your crew) crew you can start attempting to rob harder difficulty banks.

Of course you can attempt to to rob a hard bank on your own but you will most likely fail miserably. So, in essence, you need to be earning cash to be robbing big big cash.

This kills two birds with one stone:

1. It adds out of story features that you can play over and over again. So long as you want cash, you can rob a bank and have fun with it.

2. Hiring crew will be another way of spending money.

Jesus Pineda
  • Jesus Pineda

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Friday, Mar 9 2012, 18:35)
I think you should be able to rob banks and you know the places that store the money that the Securecor (sp?) vans deliver cash to and from?

Banks have difficulty levels. You start off robbing shops by yourself. Then as your able to hire (I mean actually pay people in your crew) crew you can start attempting to rob harder difficulty banks.

Of course you can attempt to to rob a hard bank on your own but you will most likely fail miserably. So, in essence, you need to be earning cash to be robbing big big cash.

1. It adds out of story features that you can play over and over again. So long as you want cash, you can rob a bank and have fun with it.

this is GENIUS! i loved this feature in The Godfather the game. if they did include this then they would have to lower pays by doing missions, so robbing banks would be more fun and exiting! it would also be interestring if you could rob them by night, and if executed properly then you wont get cops on your ass.. but if failed you will get a 3-4 star wanted level..

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

It sporadically returned in GTA IV where you could rob one kind of cash drawer in some stores. Like a lot of other "missing" features from past-gen GTA it returned big time not in GTA but in Red Dead Redemption because that was the first game this gen where they weren't struggling with the new engine and new consoles. There can be a GTA version of all the robbery stuff in RDR so I wouldn't worry about it, I think it'll be in.

Übermacht
  • Übermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Saturday, Mar 10 2012, 05:04)
It sporadically returned in GTA IV where you could rob one kind of cash drawer in some stores. Like a lot of other "missing" features from past-gen GTA it returned big time not in GTA but in Red Dead Redemption because that was the first game this gen where they weren't struggling with the new engine and new consoles. There can be a GTA version of all the robbery stuff in RDR so I wouldn't worry about it, I think it'll be in.

In GTA4 I feel you should be able to rob any store or place that has a till. Maybe even the ability to rob the bar at nightclubs?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Careful With That Axe Eugene

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Jesus Pineda @ Saturday, Mar 10 2012, 05:27)
snip

this is GENIUS! i loved this feature in The Godfather the game. if they did include this then they would have to lower pays by doing missions, so robbing banks would be more fun and exiting! it would also be interestring if you could rob them by night, and if executed properly then you wont get cops on your ass.. but if failed you will get a 3-4 star wanted level..

Glad someone shares my enthusism.

I like the idea of a more stealthly burgalry too as you mentioned. icon14.gif

gtacrazyz
  • gtacrazyz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

it'd definately be good to do at your own will and not as a side mission (burglary in any form i mean)

TheGreene2010
  • TheGreene2010

GTA Forums is a hopeless wretched place

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

What if they had a co-op mode for this, like they did for Bomb da base II.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm kind of surprised that no other GTA game other than Vice City had the robbing aspect to it.
I wonder why they left it out of SA and IV.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

i would like to get the stores as a territory like in the godfather the game

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Nigel xD @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 18:52)
I'm kind of surprised that no other GTA game other than Vice City had the robbing aspect to it.
I wonder why they left it out of SA and IV.

I thought this too myself. I really enjoyed the robbing stores feature in Vice City, it was a nice, fun extra activity to do outside of the storyline missions. I really hope it makes a return in GTA V.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I think that when you rob stores, it should be done by aiming at them for about 5 seconds. From that point on, they:

40% Chance they pull a gun on you, attempting to kill you

40% Chance they give you the money, but secretly alert the police/pull the alarm

20% Chance they are too intimidated by you, so they just give you the money peacefully.

Gun store clerks, however, should always abide by the first option.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 17:32)
I think that when you rob stores, it should be done by aiming at them for about 5 seconds. From that point on, they:

40% Chance they give you the money, but secretly alert the police/pull the alarm

20% Chance they are too intimidated by you, so they just give you the money peacefully.

I like this idea. It makes robberies less uniform in nature, knowing you may or may not get away with it. If they call the cops, a 2 star wanted level seems like enough. Of course if you robbed a bank, it'd have to be 3 or 4.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I thought it was San andreas where you could rob stores.
I can't remember any in Vice city you could rob.

Mostarda42
  • Mostarda42

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

They could use the animation from L.A. Noire of searching bodies (simplyfied) to look for money and stuff after you kill someone.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Monday, Mar 12 2012, 00:54)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 17:32)

I like this idea. It makes robberies less uniform in nature, knowing you may or may not get away with it. If they call the cops, a 2 star wanted level seems like enough. Of course if you robbed a bank, it'd have to be 3 or 4.

I like this idea very much myself too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users