Photo

Bayside

19 replies to this topic
Oakshaft
  • Oakshaft

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I have always wondered this but what is the point of bayside? (top left city and cliffs) is there anything of interest there? is it ever mentioned in the storyline?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

There's a Boat School that you need to have 100%. But other than that, no, it's not mentioned in the storyline.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:02 PM Edited by Tycek, 09 March 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Some sources indicate that one of the missions, cut out from final version, called "The Truth is Out There" was revolving around freeing aformentioned guy located in Bayside from the hands of FBI. Apart from boating school that this city have no other role in final version.

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

The town has a Boating school. And a stray gang territory.

Like Tycek said, there was a mission planned to be there, but it was deleted in the full version.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

As Gary-X said, but that is only in the PS2 console Game.

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I thought it was available on the PC/XBOX Version as well, just not as regular an occasion than on the PS2?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Only PS2 version and then only during the Second (Return to Los Santos) Turf War.
Too many complaints of not being able to find the 'Odd' territory so it was cleaned up for later console/versions.
Much like making the Supply Lines easier (fuel timing).

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Mar 11 2012, 16:43)
Only PS2 version and then only during the Second (Return to Los Santos) Turf War.
Too many complaints of not being able to find the 'Odd' territory so it was cleaned up for later console/versions.
Much like making the Supply Lines easier (fuel timing).

I bought my brand new copy May 2010 and i have never seen Vagos or Ballas in Bayside. So my copy is the new version although i know it has the 'flying train' glitch in the mission 'Snail Trail' lol that's hilarious
The only point in having that town there is for the boat school plus you can take Barbara there for a dinner date

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Actually no, there is no diner there after i checked, sorry guys but the best diner to take her is that one on the freeway south of Tierra Robada

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Don't double post. If your previous posting is unanswered just use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the text in your last posting.

And, the Diner for Barbara is Lone one West of Barbara.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I've always found Bayside to be a neat place. There's some stuff of interest there, like the sex toy spawn and the helicopter, and it has some great views of San Fierro, but apart from that there is not much worth your time.

It would have been interesting to see what Rockstar was planning in Bayside... knowing Truth, something crazy. Beta stuff, or just stuff that never made it to the final game, always interests me in GTA games.

And that extra gang territory was always so annoying! Of course I used to be an idiot and I would do the gang territories glitch and have all sorts of purple squares over the countryside I was unable to capture... I'm guessing the Bayside territory glitch was also patched in later PS2 releases, AuSsIeThUnDeR36 (like greatest hits).

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Another beauty of the Bayside is that you can nick the helicopter before the third island opens and not get the police attention. Or generally wonder most of the Bayside without getting any attention.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Tuesday, Mar 13 2012, 21:19)
I've always found Bayside to be a neat place. There's some stuff of interest there, like the sex toy spawn and the helicopter, and it has some great views of San Fierro, but apart from that there is not much worth your time.

It would have been interesting to see what Rockstar was planning in Bayside... knowing Truth, something crazy. Beta stuff, or just stuff that never made it to the final game, always interests me in GTA games.

And that extra gang territory was always so annoying! Of course I used to be an idiot and I would do the gang territories glitch and have all sorts of purple squares over the countryside I was unable to capture... I'm guessing the Bayside territory glitch was also patched in later PS2 releases, AuSsIeThUnDeR36 (like greatest hits).

They are called Platinum in Australia and have a silver case but mine is the original black one which i wanted to buy anyway.

Dvd - unscratched
Map - still folded up in case
sa directory - well read but no rips

Thank god i don't have a 5 yr old brother.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Yeah ˸, the helicopters at the marina are pretty handy. I've never tried to get them before opening the other islands though. I've never really done any exploring like that. Hard to believe considering I've had the game since launch tounge.gif.

@AuSsIeThUnDeR36 an original copy in good condition sounds like a good buy. Although I'm surprised the territory in Bayside is patched. It could be that only the North American or European releases had that glitch.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

"It could be that only the North American or European releases had that glitch. "

how do you mean glitched?

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:14 AM Edited by mincemate003, 17 March 2012 - 03:18 AM.

I mean the occurrence where you would get an extra gang territory in Bayside. By flying to Liberty City. The one you were talking about a few posts above. I just found it surprising that Aussie had an original black label version of the game and never had the extra territory come up in Bayside.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

The "extra" bayside war zone isn't a Glitch. It is part of the PS2 second gang (turf) war. As in the walk throughs.
Flying to Liberty City isn't a factor.
There were many people who couldn't find the last territory for 100% take over in the early days.
So I believe Rockstar removed it in later editions, like the PC versions.

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Really? I had always thought the territory was a glitch because they were only supposed to appear in Los Santos... and it was caused by flying so far out of the map in Saint Mark's Bistro. Which also caused other glitched territories to appear. At least that's what I've always heard it to be. I remember checking it myself before and after the mission: the territory appeared sometime after I started Saint Mark's Bistro. Either way, it wasn't enough to give Bayside anything of real interest. So it's still the same boring part of the map it has always been tounge.gif.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 03:21)
The "extra" bayside war zone isn't a Glitch. It is part of the PS2 second gang (turf) war. As in the walk throughs.
Flying to Liberty City isn't a factor.
There were many people who couldn't find the last territory for 100% take over in the early days.
So I believe Rockstar removed it in later editions, like the PC versions.

No. That territory is definitely the result of the territory glitch that happens when you fly away from the map.
- The territory count goes up when you fly away from the map during the mission 'Saint Mark's Bistro' which means that you get the Bayside territory at that point.
- None of the original territories are single wave but all of the glitched territories are, including the Bayside one.
- All of the original territories are in Los Santos. What would be the point of having a single territory across the map?
- Rockstar didn't remove the Bayside territory in later editions of the game. They removed the glitch that cause the single wave territories, which includes the Bayside one.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hence the reason why my black cover, May 2010 edition must be the upgraded ps2 version, which doesn't have the bayside territory glitch. I completed the St Mark's Bistro mission and later in the game completely wiped out the Vagos, their territory count is 0, no respawns have occured and no Vagos spawning in Bayside either. So this May 2010 edition must be the 'fixed' copy. I wish they upgraded the graphics a bit but well, you know how it is (sorry i couldn't help it lol)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users