• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic
Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm finding that I am having occasional dreams about GTAV. This is not because of the excitement or hype, but it is mostly because every night I check the forums before going to sleep and it's the last image my brain has to work with.

*In case your're wondering my recent dream was about a firefight in the mountains of the GTAV map with a N.o.o.s.E-like SWAT team.

no_chance
  • no_chance

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

because it's the empty recces of your mind it's what you think of all the time usually this happens with people who have no friends wow.gif

RamKaNam
  • RamKaNam

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I saw GTA V dream couple of days ago and it was the best dream I ever saw. In that, the player was a white man, and I took a white car or something.. I can't remember well. Then I ran at full speed on highway, radar was on right screen, then I was near the lake. I jumped into it and snake bit me and my health was going down. Then I came out of water... cloths were full wet. Then I took that car and drive at top speed and then crashed. My player fell out of car from door and hand ripped out, and truck crushed head of player. Road was full of blood..... "WASTED" my dream broke as my dad woke me up.. I was angry on my dad..... sh*t.. I may have played that again if dad not waked me up.

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:49 PM Edited by MiamiVice1984, 08 March 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Thats f*ckin Nutz to be honest. Im a hardcore gamer but i have only dreamt about a game once and thats about it. To dream about GTA V all the time like you say you do thats a bit crazy.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I dream about females :|

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:54 PM Edited by canttakemyid, 08 March 2012 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (MiamiVice1984 @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 16:49)
Thats f*ckin Nutz to be honest.  Im a hardcore gamer but i have only dreamt about a game once and thats about it. To dream about GTA V all the time like you say you do thats a bit crazy.

Not really and when did I say all the time? Your reading comprehension is "f*cking nutz." I'm not a hardcore gamer at all. I play only GTA and since I'm in college this year, I play only few hours a week over my Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks at most and then get bored.

I still manage to have dreams about this sh*t though; it's feels weird too. Keep in mind I have had up to 3 or 4 dreams a night this time of year and only 2 or 3 out of my last say 400+ dreams were GTAV related.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

coincidently i had a dream about it tonight

WallHax
  • WallHax

Swole Brah

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm a huge fan of the series and am super excited about this game, but still haven't had a GTA V dream.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 17:06)

what was it about...I had one a few days ago and thought, "sh*t I wonder what those gtaforum members would think about it"

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, I had one:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061114396
The way dreams overwrite reality is amazing.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wow imagine a lucid GTA dream, I've had it once in my life, but all I did was...You know... devil.gif It was pretty real.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:21 PM Edited by Mr. Darko, 08 March 2012 - 05:29 PM.

I've dreamt about GTA V a couple times so far, as parts of larger dreams. The first time was actually a tech demo of some kind, and we were being shown San Fierro (note: I don't think San Fierro is going to be in GTA V). There was some talk of the customization options, which were impossibly good. The game was also impossibly large. Interestingly enough, however, the world was even less geographically accurate than GTA: San Andreas' world, and apparently there were also some old villages and stuff there, too. It was odd, but also really cool. I enjoyed that one.
QUOTE (AlfredNTheFettuc @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 17:15)
Well, I had one:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061114396
The way dreams overwrite reality is amazing.

Yeah, my dream-version of GTA V's gameworld was nothing like that, but it was similar in that it didn't in any way resemble real life, and also involved an area with some medieval-esque and fantastical architecture, juxtaposed against dark-colored canyons with city lights from a city that was supposedly San Fierro in the background. The dream-versions of things don't always make sense. For instance, in my dreams my bus stop often becomes a high-tech sky tram which runs over a huge version of the normally somewhat small town I live in.

Moving on...

The second time I dreamt about GTA V, which happened just the other day, was a little less fun. I guess it turned out that sometime in this month was the release date for some reason, and everyone was scrambling to get the game. I got it, and put it in, and I was quite excited, as you can imagine. But from the moment it start, things were a little... off. I guess we weren't playing as criminals in GTA anymore, which was a disappointment because it made it kind of like LA Noire, where you can't randomly kill people. The graphics and animation were also terrible and nothing seemed to line up with the trailer. There was quite a bit of outcry on the internet, and I thought that maybe we had been scammed, but it turned out to be the real deal.
I was pretty happy when I woke up, because I know for sure GTA V is going to be an awesome game in real life. I'm not sure what that dream was about, because I have no doubts about that. But generally when I dream about stuff, it's either about how it's way better than it could possibly be (like my first dream, although honestly that game didn't seem particularly GTA-ish), or horrifyingly disappointing, which I suppose only reaffirms how much I'm looking forward to the real thing.

Doo
  • Doo

Eat it!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:41 PM Edited by Doo, 08 March 2012 - 05:45 PM.

I never had a dream about V specifically, but about GTA mixed with some CoD game related.

I was in a chopper with my partner and then we jumped and opened our parachutes (TBoGT wink.gif ).
Then we landed in a abandoned boat and I was almost dying. Then Ghost and Price (from Modern Warfare) appeared and beat us in the face.
I woke up (in the dream) being tortured by them. After that, I was in the hospital, and the hospital was inside a big mansion.
Then I asked for the nurse where were the bathroom. I made my way to the bathroom, but couldn't hold the sh*t.
I came back to my parents with my pants all sh*tted and they were like ' ok. Let's go home'.

It's not really related to GTA, but I connected it with the game and thought it was about the game.
Most f*cking stupid dream I have ever dreamed.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 17:12)
QUOTE (zzcool @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 17:06)

what was it about...I had one a few days ago and thought, "sh*t I wonder what those gtaforum members would think about it"

well i was in i think los angeles saw it all and thought so this is what gta 5 will look like

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

My Dream:

GTA V was released, and I didn't know. So I went out and bought it.
The dream got all weird the second I broke the seal on the case. I opened up the case and there was toilet paper where the Booklet would go. The disc was GTA IV CC. I put it in my xbox anyway.

It loaded up with RDR's Rockstar credits, then flashed Team Bondi from LANOIRE.
The opening cutscene was that van driving up "Mt. Chilliad" then the screen turned black, and then the Bluescreenofdeath popped up.
I ejected the disc, and it had changed to Crackdown 2.

I won't go into the rest of the dream, because I may get reported, but... It was f***ing crazy.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Last night I dreamed about GTA V, infact it was another GTA.

Infact I dreamed that I was on Facebook and I saw that one of my friends liked a new GTA game called GTA: San something, I don't remember the name at all, it sounded spanish.
That's how I learned that the new GTA game was released, on Facebook...
I went to GTA Forums to see if it was real and yeah, the whole GTA V section was flooded.
I remember seeing the map, it was huge but I noticed that there was a lot of Liberty City parts reused on the map. I didn't play the game, only saw the map.

I also realised GTA V that we know was a fake game by Rockstar Games just to fool us. The trailer was fake, the GTA V logo was thrown away, just to give us a surprise effect and replace it by GTA: San something.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

i've never had a dream about GTA, sounds fun though

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

The only game I ever dreamed about was Assassin's Creed. And that was a long long time ago, back when Ezio was 17 years old lol

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:34 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 08 March 2012 - 06:37 PM.

In my dream about GTA V, we played as the hispanic guy (in red car) and the game had more than 200-250 missions, and the map was soooooo f*cking HUGE it made some people complain it was too big!, oh.. I forget to say: it was the best game i have ever played (even though i played it only in a dream)

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I've had at least three dreams about playing GTAV but I can't recall any of them. Seems like in one dream I was disappointed because the graphics hadn't improved from IV.

Then I saw the EA logo on the cover and woke up in a cold sweat.

Heh.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Funny, because I posted a topic about a dream I had awhile back about GTA V.

It came to be true.
SoCal, Economy all except baseball. hmm.

But anyways the map reminded me of Midnight Club LA is a way. Cant remember much but it should be in my post history.

TheEngin33r
  • TheEngin33r

"My advice? Give the sh*t up."

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

I had one dream about GTAV, though it was very brief - basically, R* released a second trailer for it, but it was completely different, and then also released the game at the same time. Sometime between the first and second trailers, they had decided out of nowhere to base the game in Miami (not Vice City) and completely changed everything. All the atmosphere of the game was different, almost like a really cheesy '80's TV series but set in present times, with elements of the show Dexter thrown in...

I swear there was even a part where I watched an interview with Dan Houser and he just said "Yeah, I don't know what the f*ck we were thinking before... forget the last trailer, this is the real deal right here. MIAMI, baby!!"

And there's my small addition to this topic. smile.gif

AJacobsen1806
  • AJacobsen1806

Random Norwegian Guy

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've had A LOT of GTA V dreams!

But the only one I remember is that we were able to fly over the city like in Driver: San Fransisco , and the map just ended in an invisible wall, which I got so angry about. So I flew up to the upper right corner of the map and got into a NOoSE cruiser from IV , and looked over the roof and down to the city. On my side of downtown there was a stadion (as we have seen in the last shot in the trailer). There was a really big and annoying traffic jam, so I enabled airbreak from the "Simple Native Trainer" mod (for some reason the base game included that) and then I was on Sunset Boulevard, which was all curvy. Then I stole a low-poly Turismo-ish car from the III -era games and drove up on a bridge which looked like the Golden Gate Bridge in SF and disappeared into some random fog. Suddenly I was 500 feet above ground (flying again...), so I flew up to the mountain where the observatory is (I don't remember the name) and looked over the horizon. There I saw snow, and I was so happy since I live in Norway and we have lots of snow 5-6 months a year. Suddenly the whole world was converted into a Minecraft-ish world, all built in these 3x3 ft boxes, and I looked over to my left, and there was a HUGE city, like even bigger than Los Santos from the GTA V trailer. Then I realized it was Oslo, Norway (where I'm from turn.gif ) (and it's not bigger than LS at all...) and I got so f*cking happy! So I decided to fly over there.

But on the way my mom just had to wake me up... FML suicidal.gif cryani.gif nervous.gif sad.gif suicidal.gif

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ooh, just remembered another one which I told about a long time ago.
Way after IV came out, but also way before V was announced, I had a dream about GTA: Australia. The game was huge, it had equivalents of Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra and lots of outback. However, the north and west borders of the map had desert instead of ocean as boundaries, if you went too far there kangaroos would eat you.

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (TheEngin33r @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 13:57)
I had one dream about GTAV, though it was very brief - basically, R* released a second trailer for it, but it was completely different, and then also released the game at the same time. Sometime between the first and second trailers, they had decided out of nowhere to base the game in Miami (not Vice City) and completely changed everything. All the atmosphere of the game was different, almost like a really cheesy '80's TV series but set in present times, with elements of the show Dexter thrown in...

I swear there was even a part where I watched an interview with Dan Houser and he just said "Yeah, I don't know what the f*ck we were thinking before... forget the last trailer, this is the real deal right here. MIAMI, baby!!"

And there's my small addition to this topic. smile.gif

icon14.gif My favorite so far tounge.gif

IBONEgta
  • IBONEgta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

I can remember dreaming about spartan: total warrior back on the ps2, my god that was a game biggrin.gif

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I've had two dreams of GTAV that I can remember, but they were really short and hazy but I remember the basics.

1. I parachuted down to the ground in an urban environment, and I saw a military soldier walking on the sidewalk carrying an M4. I killed him and took his weapon, and then I shot the sky to hear the sound. It sounded SOOO realistic!

2. I was in an airport that looked just like the one from IV. I went to the helicopter area, but instead of helicopters there was this HUGE black space-ship looking aircraft. I went inside it and then the police started attacking me.

That's all I remember blush.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

One of the dreams that I don't remember had something to do with R* newswire bringing good news on GTAV but I can't remember what it was.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

I had one GTA V dream a couple months ago. All I can remember is that I was more in the game rather than playing it, and the game was super realistic with incredible graphics. It was nighttime and you could see lights far off in the distance, suggesting an extraordinary draw distance. I drove a car along a dark highway in a place that did not seem like Los Angeles, and then I woke up to extreme disappointment.

nickelist1
  • nickelist1

I do this, you do that. Capeesh?

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:45 PM Edited by nickelist1, 08 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Months ago, In my dream, I was driving on the I-5 shown in the trailer and to the left was the golf course. Up ahead was a big brown building that looked like New York's style of building and right by that building was a river and I-5 ran right over it. There wasn't much suburbs. I could see the whole east side of LA in my dream. It was green near the river

Now, I have a dream that one day this game will rise up and live out to be one of the most truly amazing 10/10 game. I have a dream that one day on the hills of LA, the sons of former city people and the sons of former country people will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Nevada and North California will be in GTA V. I have a dream that his two kids will one day live in a peaceful world away from their dad. I have a dream that one day, down in SCLA, with its vicious gangstas, with its governor doing nothing about it -- one day right there in SCLA will have gangs and gangstas in GTA V. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made high, the rough places will be made of suburbs, and the crooked places will be made of roads; and it's gonna be a great game !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users