Photo

GTA IV Cmplete edition(pc) shadow management

10 replies to this topic
Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hey guys,please tell does GTA IV Cmplete edition (pc) supports the old shadow management (pixelated shadows in gta iv 1.0.0.0 ---> 1.0.4.0)

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yes. If you use one of the patches you mentioned, that is.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (cornflakes4u @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 12:40)
Yes. If you use one of the patches you mentioned, that is.

You mean i can use the 2nd and 3rd discs (which contains both of tbogt and tlad) to install the dlc on the old gta 4 pc version to get the old shadows,can i do it?? dontgetit.gif

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Wass @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 13:44)
You mean i can use the 2nd and 3rd discs (which contains both of tbogt and tlad) to install the dlc on the old gta 4 pc version to get the old shadows,can i do it?? dontgetit.gif

I kinda misunderstood your question. I'm afraid those games use the latest shadow system. So as far as I know that's impossible. confused.gif You can only make that happen on GTA IV.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (cornflakes4u @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 13:03)
QUOTE (Wass @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 13:44)

I kinda misunderstood your question. I'm afraid those games use the latest shadow system. So as far as I know that's impossible. confused.gif You can only make that happen on GTA IV.

IS tbogt or tlad available as a dlc (only dlc) for gta iv pc?? confused.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yes, from the GFWL marketplace. But still the dlc should require installation of the latest update for base GTAIV.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 20:11)
Yes, from the GFWL marketplace. But still the dlc should require installation of the latest update for base GTAIV.

Cool,I think I finally found a way to play tbogt with the old shadow management,thank you biggrin.gif

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Wass @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 22:37)
Cool,I think I finally found a way to play tbogt with the old shadow management,thank you biggrin.gif

Please share it with the rest of us for future reference if you get it working. smile.gif

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:52 AM Edited by Wass, 09 March 2012 - 12:50 PM.

QUOTE (cornflakes4u @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 23:51)
QUOTE (Wass @ Thursday, Mar 8 2012, 22:37)

Please share it with the rest of us for future reference if you get it working. smile.gif

I'l do it for sure!! biggrin.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

But still the dlc should require installation of the latest update for base GTAIV

You do NOT need the latest update patch for IV to play TLAD and TBOGT-The ONLY update you need is for The Episodes, as I have Patch 4 installed for IV and the latest for TLAD and TBOGT and both games still run fine, without problems...So, you must have that confused with modding or something? Just curious? confused.gif Not trying to doubt you, but that is false, as you can have say Patch 4 for IV(in lieu of Patch 7), and the latest(or even no patches) for TLAD and TBOGT and the games play fine. Heck, I was able to play TLAD and TBOGT off of Steam with only the DVD version of IV installed.

IS tbogt or tlad available as a dlc (only dlc) for gta iv pc??

NO, it is also available as a disc version, via Episodes from Liberty City(does NOT Require the Original IV to play) OR the DLC's(which DO Require the Original IV to play)-if the PC version is similar to the console versions? confused.gif

Also, Just curious, What are you talking about by "old shadow management"-was there another one I wasn't aware of? Just curious, as this is something new I never heard about before? confused.gif

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Mar 9 2012, 07:17)
But still the dlc should require installation of the latest update for base GTAIV

You do NOT need the latest update patch for IV to play TLAD and TBOGT-The ONLY update you need is for The Episodes, as I have Patch 4 installed for IV and the latest for TLAD and TBOGT and both games still run fine, without problems...So, you must have that confused with modding or something? Just curious? confused.gif Not trying to doubt you, but that is false, as you can have say Patch 4 for IV(in lieu of Patch 7), and the latest(or even no patches) for TLAD and TBOGT and the games play fine. Heck, I was able to play TLAD and TBOGT off of Steam with only the DVD version of IV installed.

IS tbogt or tlad available as a dlc (only dlc) for gta iv pc??

NO, it is also available as a disc version, via Episodes from Liberty City(does NOT Require the Original IV to play) OR the DLC's(which DO Require the Original IV to play)-if the PC version is similar to the console versions? confused.gif

Also, Just curious, What are you talking about by "old shadow management"-was there another one I wasn't aware of? Just curious, as this is something new I never heard about before? confused.gif

The old shadow management is the grainy old shadows in gta iv (1.0.0.0--->1.0.5.0) and the new shadow management is the new shadows in gta iv (1.0.6.0---->1.0.7.0 and EFLC),the new shadows are performence intensive and they are not so good.For me I was runing the old shadows with "very hight" setting and I get 32 Fps but in the new ones I can't even set it on medium.all I want is playing tbogt and tlad with the old shadows,do you have an idea,anything that could help me,please sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users