Photo

R.I.P.

5 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:46 AM Edited by Slamman, 08 March 2012 - 09:04 AM.

I can't believe it!??? Now someone I grew up listening to, who eventually I was fortunate to see live, joining old buddy Sammy Hagar on stage... Ronnie Montrose, the man BEHIND the BAND has passed away this Saturday.

No doubt countless fans will be upset with this news. He was in his 60s, but when I saw him only a few years back, he seemed fine, had put on weight and shaved his head in the later years. He produced some Heavy Metal artists and worked with Sammy Hagar on his awesome Marching to Mars solo album, laying down some blistering guitar work

Sad to see ya Go!
Hope Sammy Hagar can pay him the utmost respectful tribute
-=ROCK CANDY=-
http://www.youtube.c...4CA5CD7145E88C9

Going to append this with memories of the man's contributions

The band he helped produce, their classic Debut. I'd heard about it via the METALSHOP, the Only Show with Teeth, a classic institution Stateside..

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

I was never a big fan of his but he made some damn good hard rock dude. Rest in peace.

Jibran
  • Jibran

Salute this Forums

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I don't know about him but I googled about him and found some. His contributions will never be forgotten.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

It's good to "find some", He was still active as a musician, I think people forgot that fact, since his historical guitar work was the 1970s. But glad to see that he was still enjoying life, but feel extra bad for his loved ones left behind. That's really sad, having a family late in his life it seems

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

According to ultimate guitar it was a suicide.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

I just checked, various reports came up, I'm a bit shocked, since many people admired him, and perhaps like Brad Delp of Boston, or Wendy O. Williams, people just didn't see the risk the person was under, having a bout of serious depression?! It's hard to say from an outsider prospective

http://latimesblogs....er-reports.html

It makes it even sadder news that the fear of Cancer's pain or suffering in your last days might drive you to such an act

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users