» «
Photo

[TUT]Pixel Blur Animation

3 replies to this topic
kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:46 AM Edited by kmlwin.1996, 09 March 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Pixel Blur Animation Tutorial
##Kmlwin##

Hello GFX folks and people, this is my first tutorial of GFX I've ever made. I am not very good at english but I'll try to make understand. If you see a mistake, just post in this tutorial and I'll fix it.

Step 1.

I chose 200x150 to make the pic to be smaller but remember, you can choose your own size whatever you want!

Step 2.

Apply Black Background, select Horizontal Type Tool and type anything. I typed "Kmlwin" text in Times new roman font.
(You can also apply Layer Styles, but it is optional. I'll not describe it but you can use gradient overlay or Pattern Overlay to make your text more beautiful.)

user posted image

Step 3.

Then you'll see "T" layer is upcoming in Layers Window. Right-click the layer and choose Rasterize Layer.

user posted image

Step 4.

Duplicate the rasterized layer about 3 or 4 times. Then don't forget to duplicate the animation frames too! Duplicate them in numbers that you duplicated above. (I duplicated the rasterized layer for 3 times so I duplicated Animation Frames for 3 times)

user posted image
user posted image

Step 5. (Difficulty upcoming!)

Select the "first" animation frame and select "original rasterized layer", then make invisibility to other layers. (Except Background)

user posted image

Then select the "secondary" animation frame and select "secondary rasterized layer", then make invisibility to other layers. (Except Background)

user posted image

Do other layers and frames as I said above!

Step 6.

Now select "secondary" animation frame and select "secondary rasterized layer" which is visible text layer. Then go to Filters->Pixelate->Mosaic and set cell size to 2.

user posted image

Select each frame (except first frame) and make them as the following steps.

user posted image

user posted image

Step 7.

Seems you can do this from now. Select your favorite delay timing and play the animation! Go to File->Save for Web & Devices to publish to web.

Here is my final Product.

user posted image

Conclusion

Well, you can do this steps in as well as "Gaussian Blur" (as my signature) and other filter effects. Just do the following but change the filter effect.

This tutorial will take 10 mins to 15 mins.

If I made a mistake, let me see it. If you can't understand one of the steps, don't hesitate to PM me.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Nice man! I'll try it when i have time!

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

A tip: copy all the frames you made (frames not layers) paste them in the same place, select the ones you just pasted and press the button under the X (user posted image) and select Reverse Frames.
By doing this you will have the text going from Normal->Mosaic->Mosaic to Normal and then continue the cycle, instead of just Normal->Mosaic->Normal...

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nice tip Narcis! Looping is one I haven't imagine yet.

I added final product.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users