Photo

"Today I saw a car for sale..." Thread

175 replies to this topic
leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Friday, May 4 2012, 14:46)
Yeah, the rockers on the red one don't seem to flare out as much towards the rear as the one I posted. The front is pretty similar but something about it still looks a bit off (could just be angle).

The bumper doesn't look as tall on the one in the add. Looks like the grill on the bumper has one bar going through it rather than two, and those lights look a lot smaller. The grill is also a lot narrower, that may just be a difference in years though. I'm no BMW expert.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Starion @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 20:46)
Familar blue Metro

Decided to put her up for sale, starting to run out of money.. Plus I want a MK II Golf. sad.gif

You're the talk of The Mini Forum! Well, your car has been posted up a couple of times in this topic at least.

Jozeph
  • Jozeph

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

There was a really nice mustang that was being sold, it was one of the older ones. I'll see if I can remember what it looked like.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Starion @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 15:46)
Familar blue Metro

Decided to put her up for sale, starting to run out of money.. Plus I want a MK II Golf. sad.gif

That's a shame. That car is just all kinds of cool.

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Starion @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 20:46)
Familar blue Metro

Man I would buy that and have it shipped to the States if I knew how to do it, hahaha. I imagine it would be a lengthy process.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Seems this thread should be called "Today I saw a BMW for sale".

There's one of these for sale at the Dodge dealership near me:
user posted image
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. I would do literally ANYTHING to get one of these. I'd take that truck over a BMW any day.

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 02:44)
Familar blue Metro

Decided to put her up for sale, starting to run out of money.. Plus I want a MK II Golf.  sad.gif

I've changed my mind, gonna keep it a bit longer now. smile.gif

Gonna try and fix some of the oil leaks soon though as it's using sh*t loads of oil at the moment. bored.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 03:38)
Seems this thread should be called "Today I saw a BMW for sale".

There's one of these for sale at the Dodge dealership near me:
user posted image
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. I would do literally ANYTHING to get one of these. I'd take that truck over a BMW any day.

Why? Its just your normal half ton truck that's not really rated high enough to tow anything (it's significantly less than its leaf sprung competitors) , has too small of a bed to actually be able to haul anything. Its hemi is nice enough but doesn't make anymore power and isn't anymore efficient than its competitor's engines. And it's a dodge, so its interior is sure to go to sh*t. So instead, it's more or less just a people hauler yet doesn't do a good of a job at that as the BMW's posted in this thread. So it's more or less just aimed at compensator market that's all like "I needs me a truck to make my dick look big". Once you have a truck that's useful for nothing other than being a car, the car starts to be the better choice. Those luxury packaged trucks aren't exactly budget afterall.

The only Ram even worth having these days is a 6.7 Cummins/G56 6 speed specced 2500 or 3500. The rest are pretty sh*t. Even the Power Wagon which was originally aimed as a factory 4wheeler truck is a bit sh*t since they've made it a CC only and has too long of a wheelbase to actually be useable offroad. And even then, they dropped the ball on it by not offering a cummins. Wish they would put out the new power wagon concept though.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:49 AM Edited by Carlover325, 13 May 2012 - 02:58 AM.

QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 12:07)
Why? Its just your normal half ton truck that's not really rated high enough to tow anything (it's significantly less than its leaf sprung competitors) , has too small of a bed to actually be able to haul anything. Its hemi is nice enough but doesn't make anymore power and isn't anymore efficient than its competitor's engines. And it's a dodge, so its interior is sure to go to sh*t. So instead, it's more or less just a people hauler yet doesn't do a good of a job at that as the BMW's posted in this thread. So it's more or less just aimed at compensator market that's all like "I needs me a truck to make my dick look big". Once you have a truck that's useful for nothing other than being a car, the car starts to be the better choice. Those luxury packaged trucks aren't exactly budget afterall.

The only Ram even worth having these days is a 6.7 Cummins/G56 6 speed specced 2500 or 3500. The rest are pretty sh*t. Even the Power Wagon which was originally aimed as a factory 4wheeler truck is a bit sh*t since they've made it a CC only and has too long of a wheelbase to actually be useable offroad. And even then, they dropped the ball on it by not offering a cummins. Wish they would put out the new power wagon concept though.

I like the truck, so therefore I must have a small dick? Then I guess all those hundreds of thousands of people that drive 1500s have small dicks, too. If you don't like the truck, that's fine, but don't insult me because I do.

I don't know where this Dodge interiors going to sh*t comment came from. I've got a 13 year old Jeep Cherokee, which is a Chrysler product just like Dodge. My Jeeps interior is in great condition.

I love the Ram 1500's styling. The interior is very nice, it's even got heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. The engine has more than enough power for my needs, it's not like I'm looking to tow a house. As for efficiency, I really don't care. I wouldn't be buying it because of it's gas mileage. Even so, this 390 horsepower, 6800lb truck gets the same gas mileage as my 190 horsepower, 3500lb SUV.

So I would take this truck over a car any day. Also, I don't like BMWs. But I don't go and insult the people that do. So I'm not really sure why you felt you had to insult the people who like this truck.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Yeah.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 21:49)
I like the truck, so therefore I must have a small dick?  Then I guess all those hundreds of thousands of people that drive 1500s have small dicks, too.  If you don't like the truck, that's fine, but don't insult me because I do.

I don't know where this Dodge interiors going to sh*t comment came from.  I've got a 13 year old Jeep Cherokee, which is a Chrysler product just like Dodge.  My Jeeps interior is in great condition.

I love the Ram 1500's styling. The interior is very nice, it's even got heated/ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.  The engine has more than enough power for my needs, it's not like I'm looking to tow a house.  As for efficiency, I really don't care.  I wouldn't be buying it because of it's gas mileage.  Even so, this 390 horsepower, 6800lb truck gets the same gas mileage as my 190 horsepower, 3500lb SUV.

So I would take this truck over a car any day.  Also, I don't like BMWs.  But I don't go and insult the people that do.  So I'm not really sure why you felt you had to insult the people who like this truck.

And? My 97 Suburban K2500 I've got $2500 into would compare quite easily. Higher towing capacity, 7 passengers, I can remove the third row seat and fold down the second row to have just as much cargo space as an 8 1/2 foot bed, it's got heated seats, nice Cadillac interior, and will eventually be running on diesel getting better mileage than that truck. As far as utility, I like to think of it as the perfect balance.
I don't see why you would want a truck if you don't need one and don't ever plan on doing anything with it that you couldn't do with a car. There are cheaper cars with more power, even nicer interiors, and a better ride for less money. That's probably why Lurch even mentioned compensating for something. You're not wanting a truck because you need to haul stuff, power through muddy job sites, move boats, or hit the mud pits, beach, or trails, you just want it because it's bigger than a car.

And don't take the forum so seriously.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:05 AM Edited by Carlover325, 13 May 2012 - 07:14 AM.

I never said I wouldn't use it as a truck. I just said I'm not looking to tow a house with it. I would love to get a camper and a boat to pull behind it. Only thing standing in my way is money. Simply put, I don't have any.

I know I can get something to do the same thing for a lot less money, such as a Suburban like yours. And I can honestly say that I love your Suburban. But if I had the money, I would have the Ram 1500. But if I could afford the Ram, I would also have a Suburban like yours. I love cars, but I love trucks and SUVs even more. If I had the money, I would have a lot of cars, trucks, and SUVs. Not because I'm trying to compensate, but because I love them. After all, this is the "Vehicle Talk" section.

Currently I have:

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic with 4.0 I6 and 4-speed automatic. It has 126,000 miles and runs like it just came off the lot. It is in great shape inside and out. This was my very first vehicle which I bought 5 years ago. It is my baby and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it unless it's destroyed in a crash.

1993 Chevy S10 with 4.3 V6 and 5-speed manual. It has 325,000 miles on the body and 140,000 miles on the motor (out of an '03 S10). It looks like a total piece of crap with oxidized paint, replaced front clip that is a slightly darker shade than the cab and bed, and a huge dent on the driver's side of the bed, but I love it to death. It belonged to my dad, and I inherited it when he died.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

That's kind of the thing. Boats are f*cking heavy. Any decent boat over 18' would probably leave that RAM looking like it's got it's tail between it's legs. The leaf sprung F-150 work truck I drive squats like a motherf*cker just with two rolls of rubber on the back. The rear end would most likely explode if I tried to pull the old Thunderbird with it.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:24 AM Edited by Carlover325, 13 May 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Trailer Boats Magazine chose the Ram 1500 as its 2010 Tow Vehicle of the Year. I can't see how it would be too bad if it beat out it's competitors in the ride, handling, and braking tests. The Ram has not changed since 2010.

A boat is heavy, but the trailers they ride on center them on the wheels of the trailer, creating less tongue weight. Lower tongue weight means less squatting.

In both 2010 and 2011, the Dodge Ram 1500 was chosen as one of Automobile Magazine's all-stars, meaning it was one of the publication's favorite vehicles of the year.

This truck is not the piece of crap you are trying to make it out to be. Maybe the 2500 and 3500 with diesel are better for towing, efficiency, etc. But I like the 1500 better, it looks nicer and would do anything I wanted it to.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Starion @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 17:39)
QUOTE (Lurch @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 02:44)
Familar blue Metro

I've changed my mind, gonna keep it a bit longer now. smile.gif

Gonna try and fix some of the oil leaks soon though as it's using sh*t loads of oil at the moment. bored.gif

I'm pretty sure that MK2 Golfs are still dear to insure, i tried to get a quote on a mk2 GTI when i was 18 and nobody would insure me despite it being slowish by todays standards, i love the look of it though.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:16 PM Edited by Garfield 2, 13 May 2012 - 07:35 PM.

http://cars.donedeal...le/cars/3358328

Some idiot WASTED a beautiful M3 and turned into a 320cd....

What a RETARD.

http://photos.donede...ull?id=11669855

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:29 PM Edited by Lurch, 13 May 2012 - 08:18 PM.

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 02:24)
Trailer Boats Magazine chose the Ram 1500 as its 2010 Tow Vehicle of the Year. I can't see how it would be too bad if it beat out it's competitors in the ride, handling, and braking tests. The Ram has not changed since 2010.

A boat is heavy, but the trailers they ride on center them on the wheels of the trailer, creating less tongue weight. Lower tongue weight means less squatting.

In both 2010 and 2011, the Dodge Ram 1500 was chosen as one of Automobile Magazine's all-stars, meaning it was one of the publication's favorite vehicles of the year.

This truck is not the piece of crap you are trying to make it out to be. Maybe the 2500 and 3500 with diesel are better for towing, efficiency, etc. But I like the 1500 better, it looks nicer and would do anything I wanted it to.

For anything related to towing except turning circle, it loses out to the Ford and Chevy.

I'm guessing Chrysler just gave trailer boat magazine the biggest bribe. I'm sure it rides good just because of its rear suspension but it's just nowhere the truck on actual work ability compared to the ford and chevy.

To clarify, here's a good comparison. I tried to make it as apples to apples as possible on the way the trucks were specced. Each a crew cab with a similar specced interior, similar hp engine, and 4wd.

The Ram

The Ford

The Chevy

The Toyota

The Nissan

The Ford and Chevy whoop it in power, torque, towing capaciy, and payload. The one thing it does beat them in when it comes to towing is turning circle. It beats out the Toyota and Nissan in towing capacity and power/torque but they best it in turning circle and payload.

Really for just about 7k more, you could have a really nice Laramie Megacab 2500 with a Cummins/G56/ and a 9.25 front and LSD 11.5 rear

The better Ram.

Or the same truck but in a 3500 dually for about the same price

Less power, but gobs and gobs of a torque, a manual transmission, and a really nice interior. If you've ever been in a laramie megacab, you know it's a spacious, comfy place to be. Plus, it's more or less the nicest truck you can get a manual in (really the only full size truck you can get a diesel/6 speed combo in). Not to mention, it's just an overall much tougher truck that will stay together better and hold its value more down the line than that 1500. And have a helluva truck overall. That ya know, can actually be used as a truck. Both make the half tons seem a bit like you're not getting as much truck as you could for your money.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

A f*cking mint condition '79 300D for $2,200. With less than 200K original miles.

The most painful part of this is that in three weeks I'll have enough to afford that price, but there is no way in hell it won't have sold by then. I am in physical pain here knowing that if this guy had just waited a few weeks to post the ad, I could have bought it.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Twin BMW 1602's down the street from my house, appear to be later models, no idea how much they want for either, but it's probably too much.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Tuesday, Jun 19 2012, 14:58)
A f*cking mint condition '79 300D for $2,200. With less than 200K original miles.

The most painful part of this is that in three weeks I'll have enough to afford that price, but there is no way in hell it won't have sold by then. I am in physical pain here knowing that if this guy had just waited a few weeks to post the ad, I could have bought it.

Hopefully it's still around by then. I'd love to see you in that car or just drivng your own car again. Think it's about time to declare the volvo as a dud? You pull off driving an old Mercedes for sure.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Tuesday, Jun 19 2012, 16:45)
QUOTE (Pat @ Tuesday, Jun 19 2012, 14:58)

Hopefully it's still around by then. I'd love to see you in that car or just drivng your own car again. Think it's about time to declare the volvo as a dud? You pull off driving an old Mercedes for sure.

I'm getting hired on for two weeks during this year's shutdown, instead of one, so I've already decided to declare the Volvo a dud and replace it with a diesel Benz. That's the best one I've seen yet, and while I doubt he'll still have it by the time I get my check, I already emailed him and told him that I will gladly make an offer if he still has it by then.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:30 PM Edited by Lurch, 20 June 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Luckily, they're not all that rare. Well, 70's ones on the road might be starting to dry up, but there's still plenty of 80's one out there. Incredibly tough cars. I've seen a few in the million mile range. They do sound kind of sh*tty though, but that's one trade-off of a small diesel. Is it a 4 speed or an auto?

A rust-free southern car with under 200k could potentially last forever if it was well taken care of. I think they'd be cool with a turbo, straight piped, and the fuel turned up somewhat and the timing advanced to match. A regular N/A diesel is going to be slower than the 240. Like old diesel truck slow.

As is, that car has 77 hp, 115 lbs-ft, and weighs close to 3600 lbs. empty. To put in perspective, that's down 100 hp to my E28 and nearly 100 ft-lbs. (though it comes on at only 2400), and a good 400-500 lbs. heavier. It will make the volvo look like a sports car without some power mods to back it up.

http://en.wikipedia....cedes-Benz_W123

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 15:30)
Luckily, they're not all that rare. Well, 70's ones on the road might be starting to dry up, but there's still plenty of 80's one out there.

Yeah, but the big difference with this one is the condition. I've been looking at 240Ds and 300Ds on craigslist ever since I started having problems with my car, and I have never, not once, seen one in this good of condition. They've all either had bodies in bad shape, engine trouble (rare, but it exists), or failing transmissions. This is also the first one I've seen on craigslist with less than 200K miles.

I will not hesitate to pay the asking price if it drives as well as it looks, if he still has it after I get paid. Especially because judging by the fact that it's been garage kept, driven periodically, and the background (the yard, driveway, etc), I'm fairly certain it's owned by an older couple. That's just the cherry on top of the sundae, too.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Might get a hold of my late grandfathers Lincoln Town car, it's barely used but it's also been sitting for a bit.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

McLaren Trojan M8F Can-Am 8.8L up for auction

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

800bhp Chevrolet V8 originally owned by Bill Cuddy, reputation as a widow-maker, original chassis complete with race spares, Hewland gearbox and jigs should you (inevitably) bend it.

180,000-220,000

If anyone wants to spend the next hour or so drooling, I suggest you have a look through the lot list for the Silverstone Classic auction. I was there last year for the event with customers and it truly was a sight to behold. There are some proper gems in there- Ferrari 360 Challenge Cup car for 45-55k, no less than three Formula 1 cars (including a 1990s Benetton), a 355 Challenge road car (28-32k estimate) and a very pretty FIA-approved BMW 1800ti touring car.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

That's awesome. Nothing like a an all-alloy BBC that's been bored to hell and back. The brake duct cooling hoses is something my friend wants to do on his E30.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Mercedes S500 Business Edition

Mileage: 47,460
Year: 1999

http://www.4starclas...-S500-For-Sale/

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:52 PM Edited by Sup3rman, 23 June 2012 - 12:55 PM.

1999? Can it be, i tought they started making the new model in 98...
But it does look like brand new... Would be proud to own one. Only fault is, that the steering wheel is on the wrong side. biggrin.gif

E: Correction, stopped making the W140 in 98 and started making the W220 in 99?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 13:10)
Mercedes S500 Business Edition

No thank you. Ten grand is a lot of money for an old, although admittedly good, Mercedes barge. For only a few bags more, you could have a Brabus V12 6.7 CL with 39k on the clock.

user posted image
user posted image

Worship
  • Worship

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

user posted image
user posted image
Found this today.
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500:
Year: 2007
Mileage:16
42000$
Source. A very good price for an almostly unused Shelby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users