» «
Photo

Missing packages

6 replies to this topic
ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 PM Edited by ramarar, 06 March 2012 - 12:33 PM.

I want to achieve 100% in VC. I have completed everything. Story missions,side-missions,rampages etc.However, now I am stuck at hidden packages. I have got 98 of them. I have checked the city twice for them and even used a hidden packages map. Can anyone help me? I don't want to start the game again from beginning.PC specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1 ( running vc using windows 98 compatibility mode)
2 GB RAM
Vice city 1.0 original (bought from a store)

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I know it might be redundant but there's no other way then checking each place multiple times.
Use different maps and guides. Some of the packages can be only reached by helicopter, and there's one inside Washington Beach police station.

BTW: You did 45 points in the Rifle Range after the mission "The Shootist"?

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Actually, mods exist to place arrows above remaining packages in VC or mark them on the map...but I don't know if they would render your current save file useless (as many mods do).

Didn't anyone make a tool to work with save files directly instead of modding the game (as III and SA can)?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Well, I did find something called "Package/Rampage Finder" and I remember to have used it before. It works well, although you'll have to roam a little around until you'll see the lights. (there are some colorful lights that show the un-picked Hidden Package). You can download it here or have a look at its' GTAForums Topic - it's better to also see the instructions. icon14.gif

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks, I found the remaining packages but something very strange. The packages had teleported to a new location that was not on the map. Can anyone figure this out. One had gone inside the vercetti estate and the second one in the skumhole shack

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 17:18)
Thanks, I found the remaining packages but something very strange. The packages had teleported to a new location that was not on the map. Can anyone figure this out. One had gone inside the vercetti estate and the second one in the skumhole shack

You should probably reinstall the game as this is not normal.
Do you have any mods installed?

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

No, there are no mods. But I did reinstall the game after finding this strange thing. Now it is normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users