» «
Photo

GTA 4 San Andreas Better models + textures

1 reply to this topic
russianbadboylb
  • russianbadboylb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:14 AM Edited by russianbadboylb, 06 March 2012 - 08:18 AM.

I really like the gta 4 San Andreas mod but not some of the textures and models. For example palm trees look like crap, grass and ground textures are not seamless from far away it looks kinda weird. I think some texture overhaul would nice, I might actually tackle the project my self just to see what I can come up with.

I have 3D graphics experience not professional, just what ever I learned in school. When we created scenes and such we had a folder that had all the textures, I know GTA 4 does too just a little harder to get to. If we open the texture in say Photoshop we can edit and simply save and that was it it would appear in the scene.

In gta 4 we use a software to extract those textures but how do you import them back? I am pretty sure its not .jpg file.

Also forgot to mention, is there a way to increase bump texture just a little so that bricks don't look flat?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (russianbadboylb @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 08:14)
I really like the gta 4 San Andreas mod but not some of the textures and models. For example palm trees look like crap, grass and ground textures are not seamless from far away it looks kinda weird. I think some texture overhaul would nice, I might actually tackle the project my self just to see what I can come up with.

I have 3D graphics experience not professional, just what ever I learned in school. When we created scenes and such we had a folder that had all the textures, I know GTA 4 does too just a little harder to get to. If we open the texture in say Photoshop we can edit and simply save and that was it it would appear in the scene.

In gta 4 we use a software to extract those textures but how do you import them back? I am pretty sure its not .jpg file.

Also forgot to mention, is there a way to increase bump texture just a little so that bricks don't look flat?

ok...

You clearly don't understand that it was a CONVERSION map not a scratch made map.

You can't have anything you like.

You either edit the wdrs yourself to have more bumpiness on the bricks by using notepad++ and OpenIV and try texturing the textures yourself.

Obviously I DON'T think you will re do the UVW maps for all the map just so it won't look so TILED.

Bottom line is.

Don't like it don't download and wait for GTA V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users