Photo

Grand Theft Auto V

410 replies to this topic
GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 07:44)
Some art to get you guys excited for Act II: The Heist.

http://fc07.devianta...yle-d4lk8wn.jpg

cool.gif

*steals art and put it as my background*

cookie.gif cookie.gif

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 07:44)
Some art to get you guys excited for Act II: The Heist.

http://fc07.devianta...yle-d4lk8wn.jpg

cool.gif

Who did that artwork?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

I liked it, very interesting and the dialogue was pretty believable.
I wouldn't mind V starting like that.

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

They both drifted off to sleep. Kendra was first, but it took a lot longer for Albert. He layed there thinking for about an hour, before he finally went to sleep. He dreamed he was beside a lake, which was frozen, and he was talking to Kendra. They were joking and flirting, like when they first met. Eventually Albert tried to test the stability of the lake, and he walks on it. Well, the ice breaks and he falls through. He doesnt know where to resurface, because the spot that broke already froze back over. So he is underwater beating helplessly up at the ice, but no luck. As he is dying, he looks up through the ice and see Kendra with her arms crossed and shaking her head. Then she walks away.

A dream from personal life; I read your post in that dream topic.

gtaftw69
  • gtaftw69

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 02:53)
Don't like it? Take a step back and literally f*ck your own face. icon14.gif

Haha, you tell em!! Good job btw, very nice.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Man... I don't know where to start, this was absolutely gripping, i didn't even want to go to the bathroom, i just kept reading and reading as i was imagining all of the scenes/characters, i loved that you referenced a lot of parts from the trailer, and you also mentioned a bunch of GTA brands(i.e. Americas Next Top Hooker)+ a little bit of humor, so it really felt like GTA, that and the good script/dialogue really made it, fantastic read.

user posted image

I also loved that you kept on with the vibe of the trailer plus a bit of your own, i have to say, for somebody who made this out of pure love for Grand Theft Auto, who was never offered any money or respect in exchange for the story, i sort of identify with you
in a way. Anyways as i said great read, i'm patiently waiting for the next act hoping it will be as good or maybe even better than the first one.

One last thing, a sort of recommendation, i was thinking that you could put some music from youtube* on the acts as a soundtrack, you know like the trailer, but put something out of your mind, something that you think that will suit the story/acts.

Also i was thinking of maybe put some images of L.A. as well, but thats just a thought it is not necessary.

*Like this:

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I read half way and will continue later on.
I gotta say that was a pretty interesting story.
Also how you grabbed the scenes from the GTA V trailer and placed it into the story. Good Job.
icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:53 AM Edited by Official General, 06 March 2012 - 12:35 PM.

@ OP

No disrespect to you and your hard work, but I think it pretty much pointless making a concept thread, now that we have some information on GTA V, so I did not bother to read it properly. If you had created this concept thread before V was announced, then I would have been more likely to read it. Before V was announced, I found the concept threads quite fun and interesting to read, it was a very good way of passing time online while waiting and looking out for any news on GTA V. And also at least back then, one could create a concept thread with a slim chance of it being a near, accurate guess on what V might have been about and who its protagonist might have been.

Now that we know V is work in progress and on its way, I just don't see the point in anymore concept threads, you'd just be creating something that is more than likely not gonna happen. We now have a small idea of who the protagonist(s) will be, the location and what the storyline may possibly be about.

I'm not gonna tell you to get a life or brand you as one sad individual with a great deal of time on his hands, but I honestly do think that concept threads right now serve no real purpose anymore, its just a pointless waste of time.

EDIT: A better concept thread I think you could have come up with than the one you have now would have been your own detailed version of what V's map might look like. The map and size of V is the main talking point right now. That would have been more interesting for me.

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

user posted image

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (unseenlock @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 02:47)
QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 02:44)
QUOTE (unseenlock @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 02:42)
go out & get laid -_-

Just by reading this I can confirm you are under the age of thirteen.

your obviously not to clever then mate..im not 13.

whoever started this topic has way to much time on their hands

I choose option B,Partly agree. Rockstar are not gona use this. It might be 70% close to the main guys story. But they will do what they want not what you want..You have potential to be a good write @ the OP but damn you must have wrote 6000 words there lool

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:26 PM Edited by GTA-King, 06 March 2012 - 04:58 PM.

Oh boy, lol.

@TinTin: I pulled that art off of deviantart.

@gtaftw69: Thank you! Much appreciated!

@locolow2011: Thank you so much! You just might be my biggest fan. And good recommendation, I'll see what I can do. icon14.gif

@GtaOutKast: Thank you! Much appreciated!

@Official General: The reason I made this concept thread was because we don't know anything about the story, except from the narration in the trailer. So, I used that, plus scenes from the trailer to produce my own version of the V story. In no way is anything I say confirmed or true. It is soley for entertainment purposes and to keep the hype going in the V section until more info is released on the game. There is 5 parts to my story, so I'm hoping it gives people something to look forward to while they wait for more info. Writing is a hobby and a passion of mine. I do indeed have a life. Girlfriend, job, family ect. I made this story because I'm a huge GTA fan, and I want to entertain my fellow GTAForum members. icon14.gif

@Gege: Than why post? lol. sigh.gif

@BlademanX: Thank you, but like I said above, I'm fully aware that my story isn't confirmed and whatnot. I just used the info we have at the moment to conjure up my own version of the V story in order to entertain people. And yeah, it was pretty long. My goal was to build up the characters in Act I so perhaps the reader could "feel" for them.

I might be able to jot down a few more ideas for Act II today, but other than that I'm going to be pretty busy. I'm thinking I'll start writing Act II tomorrow afternoon and have it finished for you guys who care by the weekend.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Wow, really impressive, I actually read it all, I really enjoyed it.
I would really not mind if V started in this way.. great work, looking forward for Act II !

-Frisker

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

What the hell do you people do when reading a book? Do you start on page 1, then immediately skip to page 647? Sure, I skimmed through once, but then I scrolled back up and decided to read through the whole thing properly. It really is a great read. Hell, this is right up there with rockstar's writing. Not only does it use stuff from the trailer, but it puts it all in a unique context and still details this guy's life well. I know good writing when I see it, and this is great writing. Frankly, I can't wait for act 2.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 17:57)
What the hell do you people do when reading a book? Do you start on page 1, then immediately skip to page 647? Sure, I skimmed through once, but then I scrolled back up and decided to read through the whole thing properly. It really is a great read. Hell, this is right up there with rockstar's writing. Not only does it use stuff from the trailer, but it puts it all in a unique context and still details this guy's life well. I know good writing when I see it, and this is great writing. Frankly, I can't wait for act 2.

This icon14.gif ...It looks overwhelming at first but it was well worth the time it took to read. I like reading about how Al interacts with those hoodlums in Ganton too lol.

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (unseenlock @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 02:42)
go out & get laid -_-

Why read it then smart guy, anyway, awesome story dude icon14.gif wink.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

@The GTA Guy: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile.gif

@Racecarlock: Wow. thank you man! If you liked Act I that much, you're going to love Act II.

@canttakemyid: Thanks! It looks like it was well worth the time to write it it seems as well. And yeah, that part when Al walks into the heart of Ganton is my favorite part. Just shows how far he will go for his family.

@KiiWiiDeee: Thank you! Much appreciated!

Question. Once I'm finished with Act II, do you guys want me to post it in my first post? Or should I just make a new post?

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Just attach it into your first post and holla' about it here in reply.

mynameisskrillex
  • mynameisskrillex

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Fantastic, great read!! keep it up!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 PM Edited by GTA-King, 06 March 2012 - 06:54 PM.

So someone gave me the idea to post music and locations on certain events in the story. I liked that idea, so I'm going to try it out. My plan is to it AFTER the Act though, so you can read it and then see the references I provide in order to become more immersed into the story. Perhaps it will make you want to re-read the Act since you will then have a better visual on what's foing on?

This is the song that is playing at the party in Ganton when Albert is walking up to it to confront the gang bangers.

More of this to come as you guys wait for Act II!

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:51 PM Edited by j.hunt, 06 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

user posted image

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:55 PM Edited by GTA-King, 06 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

@j.hunt: Dunno if serious, or just trolling lol.

user posted image

Here's some fan art I made a while back with this story in mind. Just gives you an idea on where the story is heading.

gmcb007
  • gmcb007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I swear anybody who uses outdated unfunny memes just to act funny are sad little people. Anyways good story man!

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Haterz are always gonna f*cking hate. Beautiful work!

OFFT: Where have you been? We've been waiting for your input on a "Breaking Bad" related topic!

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

@gmcb007: Thanks man!
@SGT. Johnson: Thank you! And what do mean exactly? That my story is like Breaking Bad? If so, than yes, my story has alot of references to that show. Just like how Vice City has alot of references to Scarface. cool.gif

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:21 PM Edited by SGT. Johnson, 06 March 2012 - 11:23 PM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 22:26)
@SGT. Johnson: Thank you! And what do mean exactly? That my story is like Breaking Bad? If so, than yes, my story has alot of references to that show. Just like how Vice City has alot of references to Scarface. cool.gif

No, no, no. There was a topic about "what if GTA V followed a storyline close to Breaking Bad" or something. A lot of us were waiting for your input on it.

I'll try to find it for you.

EDIT:

HERE YOU GO, KING!

Would you Like it if GTA V Parodied Breaking Bad? POLL

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 18:19)
@The GTA Guy: Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile.gif

@Racecarlock: Wow. thank you man! If you liked Act I that much, you're going to love Act II.

@canttakemyid: Thanks! It looks like it was well worth the time to write it it seems as well. And yeah, that part when Al walks into the heart of Ganton is my favorite part. Just shows how far he will go for his family.

@KiiWiiDeee: Thank you! Much appreciated!

Question. Once I'm finished with Act II, do you guys want me to post it in my first post? Or should I just make a new post?

Make another post in this thread, then link to it in the first post. Can't wait to read act 2.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (SGT. Johnson @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 23:21)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 6 2012, 22:26)

No, no, no. There was a topic about "what if GTA V followed a storyline close to Breaking Bad" or something. A lot of us were waiting for your input on it.

I'll try to find it for you.

EDIT:

HERE YOU GO, KING!

Would you Like it if GTA V Parodied Breaking Bad? POLL

Thanks! I posted my thoughts there. icon14.gif

@Racecarlock: So just attach Act II to my first post and then notify everyone it's done?

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

There is no confirmation of Albert De Saliva so quit while you're ahead, please, topics like this are useless and nerd wanky.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:55 AM Edited by GTA-King, 07 March 2012 - 02:08 AM.

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Wednesday, Mar 7 2012, 01:18)
There is no confirmation of Albert De Saliva so quit while you're ahead, please, topics like this are useless and nerd wanky.

herpa derp. If you would actually read through the f*cking thread instead of posting like you are better than everybody else, you would realize that I am fully aware that none of the things in the story is confirmed or true. I'm simply using the info we have right now to conjure up my own story of Grand Theft Auto V to entertain you guys while we wait for official info from Rockstar.

As for it being "nerd wanky" that's your opinion. Just remember... you're posting on a forum for a video game. So I guess you could say we are all nerds, including yourself. icon14.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I'm just not keen on Concept threads, since I'd really like to know what inspires Rockstar's scripts, how they will spin a familiar crime tale, and missions around the story, so far, with all the various games, it's bland at times, and exciting and surprising at others, but none seem like a film or book I've read, I'd say

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users