NFL Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
783 replies to this topic
Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 22:08)
Indeed, talk about not having faith in your offense. Flacco was already scorching that secondary. You have arguably the best QB this generation and instead of driving down the field with two timeouts you just knee it. Damn shame. McCoy will still get a head coaching job, thanks to Peyton.

That was Peyton's decision. He looked at what defense the Ravens were in, and audibled into a running play.

I'm amazed at all the hate Peyton's getting on talk radio. I guess he's supposed to make up for the holes in his team - fans are just ridiculous. He's the greatest QB of our era - multiple MVP winner, Super Bowl champion, who drove the ball 88 yards for the go-ahead TD late in regulation. You expect the other side to do their job with less than a minute to go. Sorry, but I put this more on Jack Del Rio and his defense than I do Peyton Manning. WTF was Moore thinking? And where was Von Miller all day?

Can these coaches STOP with this icing the kicker nonsense? These fools always outsmart themselves!

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

The Baltimore/Denver and Seattle/Atlanta games were fantastic to watch. Even though this weekend didn't go the way I wanted, at least we were treated to some great games.

Everyone calling in on Milwaukee sports radio this morning seems to think Dom Capers should be fired. I completely disagree. Sure, he f*cked up the defensive scheme for that game and should take responsibility, but firing him? No way. That said, I have no idea how they didn't know Kaepernik would play the read option so often. That's all the local media was talking about last week - how could the actual organization seem so unprepared? Ridiculous. Hopefully we do well in the draft because this team needs help to become a truly great team

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Saturday, Jan 12 2013, 11:53)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 22:12)
QUOTE (Leftcoast @ Thursday, Jan 10 2013, 23:14)
I honestly do not see the Seahawks beating the Falcons. I know they had a good run, but they also had a lot handed to them. If Griffin were not injured I am pretty confident Wash would be in the playoffs this round. The Seahawks have rebuilt well and will be a formidable team next year; however, their road performance has still be very poor and they need to fix that. The only teams of any real note they beat on the road were the bears, not a total shocker and the redskins, think there is Griffin's injury.

I'm not trying to be Debbie downer, but I would bet money Hawks get shut down by the Falcons. Ain't a sure thing, hawks will have to bring their absolute A game or hope Falcons take injuries. I wouldn't be shocked if Pete Carroll already has a hit list ready for them to take out.

Someone must be a Falcons fan.

The Seahawks 5 loses are no more than 7 points. Nailing the 49ers 42-13 just a few weeks ago is a huge thing, while the Falcons lost to the Buccaneers at home on the season finale. You'd be delusional if you think Seahawks have no chance what so ever to win.

To me it just feels like no one is giving the Falcons enough respect. I understand they have done well in the past few seasons and choked in the playoffs. The Buccaneers lose at the end of the year shouldn't be taken too seriously..... they had the #1 seed already locked up and didn't have much to play for. I'm not a Falcons fan at all but eventually they have to get over their woes in the post season. Matty Ice has played well all year and so has the defense. The game that made me feel like they were a solid team was the Giants game. I know the Giants were inconsistent but they beat some good teams pretty bad and the Falcons destroyed them. If Seattle was playing at home I'd totally go with the Hawks but in the dome I think ATL gets it done in a close ballgame.

That's the way I felt, the Falcons weren't given enough credit. I must admit, the Hawks did prove they are better at adjusting than I thought they were. On that note tho, they rebuilt and will be a tough team next year especially if they can work out the kinks on their road games.

I expected a better game from the Packers, I'm a 49er fan, so the win is nice. Packers are my second, had a relative play for them several decades back, I know the Packers have had some hiccups but they are a better team than that and I expected a very good close game.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

The Broncos better draft some DBs in the next draft as well as some one else who can get to the opposing qb other than Von Miller ( who was almost invisible in the game). Dumervil is too old now.

A legit #1 receiver would also help Manning. D. Thomas was pretty much a non factor. Manning did enough to win the game but other than the 3 td drives, he didn't even get his team to fg range. I expected a bit better.

Also I had no idea why the Falcons head coach called a timeout so early when they were going for the game winning field goal at the end. He should have let the clock run to like 2 seconds and then called the timeout. Makes no sense to me.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 15 January 2013 - 04:26 AM.

QUOTE (luongo01 @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 21:32)
The Broncos better draft some DBs in the next draft as well as some one else who can get to the opposing qb other than Von Miller ( who was almost invisible in the game). Dumervil is too old now.

A legit #1 receiver would also help Manning. D. Thomas was pretty much a non factor. Manning did enough to win the game but other than the 3 td drives, he didn't even get his team to fg range. I expected a bit better.

Also I had no idea why the Falcons head coach called a timeout so early when they were going for the game winning field goal at the end. He should have let the clock run to like 2 seconds and then called the timeout. Makes no sense to me.

The reason why we didn't get into field goal range was because McCoy thought it'd been a nice idea to kneel on the ball with 30 seconds left and 2 timeouts to go into overtime.

Secondly, never know if theres a botched snap or anything of the like.

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 09:37)
QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Jan 13 2013, 22:08)
Indeed, talk about not having faith in your offense. Flacco was already scorching that secondary. You have arguably the best QB this generation and instead of driving down the field with two timeouts you just knee it. Damn shame. McCoy will still get a head coaching job, thanks to Peyton.

That was Peyton's decision. He looked at what defense the Ravens were in, and audibled into a running play.

I'm amazed at all the hate Peyton's getting on talk radio. I guess he's supposed to make up for the holes in his team - fans are just ridiculous. He's the greatest QB of our era - multiple MVP winner, Super Bowl champion, who drove the ball 88 yards for the go-ahead TD late in regulation. You expect the other side to do their job with less than a minute to go. Sorry, but I put this more on Jack Del Rio and his defense than I do Peyton Manning. WTF was Moore thinking? And where was Von Miller all day?

Can these coaches STOP with this icing the kicker nonsense? These fools always outsmart themselves!

Exactly, our defense couldn't stop a cold. Speaking off, I think the cold hurt us more than the expected help.

Icing the kicker, yea give the kicker a chance to get two kicks to adjust. Case and point, Falcons.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (luongo01 @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 03:32)

94 catches, 1400 yards and 10 TDs for the season and you want a legit number one receiver? He wasn't even Manning's number one target in that game, so judging him off of this one game is crazy man. I don't even think the dude is in his prime yet.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm excited for the Hawks 2013 season. They have over $18 million in cap space and 10 draft picks a young an talented group of players which most are on the cheap due to the CBA ( Wilson and Flynn make less combined than any starter in the NFL at QB). What the Hawks need most is that interior pass rush and a better play caller on Defense. Rumors are that the Eagles are really leaning to offer Seahawks DC Gus Bradley the HC job which will mean hopefully no more soft zone bull sh*t when our defense excels at Press man coverage.

We could also use another every down DE on the other side of clemons. Irvin isnt bad but he and Bryant continually get exposed. For Bryant he has been dealing with Plantar facitus (sp?) all year. Hopefully he can get fully healed up. I'm also hoping James Carpenter can heal up and take his spot at LG and Paul McQuistan moves to RG until JR Sweezy is big enough and strong enough to play RG.

Any ways with the way Pete Carroll and John Schneider have been drafting the past three years i'm sure we'll get some good players in the draft or in free agency.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I agree, Tubbs. The Seahawks will be very deadly next season. It's sad we didn't get a rematch but I guess we'll just have to wait until next year in the playoffs.

Too bad we didn't get to see Manning/Luck, Manning/Brady as well.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 06:01)

94 catches, 1400 yards and 10 TDs for the season and you want a legit number one receiver? He wasn't even Manning's number one target in that game, so judging him off of this one game is crazy man. I don't even think the dude is in his prime yet.

Maybe there was a reason Thomas wasn't targeted as much by Manning. He couldnt create space for himself and get open. Thomas is also not a good route runner when yoh could see that he was sometimes pretty far from where the ball was thrown in the reg. season.

By the time Thomas has reached his prime Mannings going to be much older. There are plenty of receivers recently from drafts tbat can make a big impact right away.

Although I do agree that wide receiver isnt a pressing need but another god one would be a good luxury to have.

Denvers offense fizzled out real bad in OT. Couldnt get anything going. Credit to thd ravens defense.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (luongo01 @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 17:51)

Maybe there was a reason Thomas wasn't targeted as much by Manning. He couldnt create space for himself and get open. Thomas is also not a good route runner when yoh could see that he was sometimes pretty far from where the ball was thrown in the reg. season.

By the time Thomas has reached his prime Mannings going to be much older. There are plenty of receivers recently from drafts tbat can make a big impact right away.

Although I do agree that wide receiver isnt a pressing need but another god one would be a good luxury to have.

Denvers offense fizzled out real bad in OT. Couldnt get anything going. Credit to thd ravens defense.

From what I have seen out of him thr past two years is very impressive. Especially when he had a fullback throwing him last year, and he was still able to make plays and best of all catch those passes.

I think its insane you nitpick this one game for his performance when he was a top 5 receiver for the year. Manning has a good two, three years left, with Thomas being 24 or 25 his prime should be nearing within that time frame.

Plus, you dont need another receiver. Manning can make any player look better than he really is.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 15:41)
QUOTE (luongo01 @ Tuesday, Jan 15 2013, 17:51)

From what I have seen out of him thr past two years is very impressive. Especially when he had a fullback throwing him last year, and he was still able to make plays and best of all catch those passes.

I think its insane you nitpick this one game for his performance when he was a top 5 receiver for the year. Manning has a good two, three years left, with Thomas being 24 or 25 his prime should be nearing within that time frame.

Plus, you dont need another receiver. Manning can make any player look better than he really is.

Maybe I did overreact. Was pretty dissappointed with he way they lost. Thomas does have a chance to become a top 5 receiver.

The thing that concerned me was that during some games hed be so quiet and then hed all of a sudden catch a couple of long balls. He didnt show the ability to constantly burn defences for different situations such as short or medium passes.

All though Manning has played with HOF receivers thomas hasnt been a go to guy yet. I only wanted to draft another receiver so we can get another guy to give our offense options. Give our offense a different dimension and look.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned the Eagles hiring Oregon coach Chip Kelly. I must say, it will be interesting to see if he tries to bring his spread option offense to the big leagues. He has the right quarterback, if he can ever consistently stay healthy and he definitely has the right runningbacks if someone can teach Bryce Brown to hold on to the football. Very, very interesting seeing these college coaches move up to the NFL.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I just want some one to take Gus Bradley away from the Seahawks.

Do it Jags. Do it.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Did you cats read about the Manti Te'o fake girlfriend story? Ain't that some sh*t? It's beyond weird.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 17 January 2013 - 11:05 PM.

he was caught telling a really weird lie, and now he's trying to backtrack and claim that HE was the victim of a hoax.

in reality, he just tried to scam all of us in order to raise his profile.
pretty sad.

remember Tebow'ing?
now there's Teo'ing... putting your hand around an invisible person lol.gif

http://teoing.tumblr.com/

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I felt his poor performance against Alabama would drop him to the second round. Wonder if this story will affect his draft position.

Now folks are speculating Te'o might be gay. Oboy....

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

From what i've seen people thing Te'o may drop to even the 3rd or 4th round due to him dropping out of the senior bowl as well.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 23:55)
From what i've seen people thing Te'o may drop to even the 3rd or 4th round due to him dropping out of the senior bowl as well.

As a die-hard Cowboys fan, I'm perfectly fine with teams letting players with his talent slide in the draft over petty things like the GF lie (though it was wierd). Sean Lee is a monster when healthy; but he's injury-prone. We could use another good linebacker. Our defense was gutted this season from injuries.

I really want to see the Harbaugh brothers go head to head in the Super Bowl. I like a good story. Last Super Bowl was my least favorite of all time.

@TUBBSthezombie Jags did it. wink.gif

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Giants need linebackers too. I'd give Te'o a shot.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

@canttakemyid: yeah they did. And i love them for it too. biggrin.gif

Sir Smoke-A-Lot
  • Sir Smoke-A-Lot

midnight toker

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

How 'bout them FALCONS

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 03:00)
I felt his poor performance against Alabama would drop him to the second round. Wonder if this story will affect his draft position.

Guy had a great season, won awards and was a heisman finalist... is it necessary to judge his last game against a college dynasty? If he does well at the combine, he will be a 1st round pick, hands down.

I am annoyed with the over reaction of the lack of 'minority' coaches that were not hired... at all during this off-season. "Andy Reid wins 4 games and everyone wants him, Love Smith wins 10 and doesn't have a job" - Chris Rock

I was watching that there might be a new proposal to the Rooney rule. Just ridiculous, in my opinion.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Lets get it done Baltimore

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Another chance at a Harbowl

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

First what is the Harbowl?
Second,

f*ck YEAH, NINERS!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 16:39)
Second,

f*ck YEAH, NINERS!

Niners Vs Ravens (Jim Harbaugh vs John Harbaugh aka Bro vs Bro)

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 21 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

since Denver is out I literally don't care anymore.
but I could certainly get behind a Harbaugh Bowl. that would be interesting, to say the least.

...and now it's official.
we have our Harbowl.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Sunday, Jan 20 2013, 18:39)
Second,

f*ck YEAH, NINERS!

Where you even paying attention last year? tounge.gif

Harbowl. I don't know who I could choose to win, probably the Ravens with the story of Ray Lewis and how well they ripped the Pats.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

I am really happy with these outcomes this weekend. I expected the 49ers to win, and I was rooting for the Patriots. I did not expect Baltimore to shut down the Pats the way they did and beat them buy 15 points.

Joe Flacco deserves credit, I swear. In back to back weeks, the man has out played Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. This is the SB match up I wanted, and its hard to choose. If these game comes down to a win by 3 points, David Akers is hard to trust. I'll go with the 49ers but I won't be surprised at all if the Ravens come out with the win, which would be a excellent parting gift for Ray Lewis.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by gtamann123, 21 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

I was really rooting for the Falcons to get over the hump and make it to the big game this year but I guess there's always next year. Happy the Ravens won though and now they have a chance to send Ray out a champion. My prediction is:

Ravens: 28
49ers: 17-24

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users