• Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have no idea. VC should be fine for the major part, the most troublesome thing probably being camera.
  • m.luqman likes this

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by The_Sorrow, 14 September 2013 - 10:34 PM.

I have no idea. VC should be fine for the major part, the most troublesome thing probably being camera.

Surely a CLEO script or ASI could fix that.

Even if it isn't possible I guess it's not such a big problem.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

It's best to make the mod for GTA SA because it's engine is much better, especially that it allows driving bikes and hellicopters which are present in LCS

Bikes and helicopters where present in VC?

Also, the character models are structured differently in the SA engine, surely that would cause converting problems?

I thought that LCS uses the same engine as San Andreas, it was made later than San Andreas anyway. So it makes more sense to convert the game as a modification for GTA SA rather than GTA Vice City or GTA 3

III, Vice City and San Andreas were all made using the Renderware engine with updates to the engine for each game.

III made using the base engine, Vice City made using an updated III engine and SA made using an updated Vice city engine.

However Liberty City Stories was developed using an in house game engine created by Rockstar I believe.

I was thinking using the SA engine because you could use ENB to get the car reflections found in LCS but I then realised that the model structure is different.

Using the VC engine would be much easier, in my opinion.

I really want an working LCS port for PC that's being developed at this very time but I can't find one so I'm wanting to start my own or join a team that is starting one, I can code and map and I'd be willing to learn other parts just so I can get a working LCS PC edition.

I'm going to research some stuff first, I'm not good at modelling so have no idea as to how I'd get the LCS map into VC because the III map is different to the LCS one.

From LCS launcher file. Just saying *proof it uses an altered VC era engine2EIUlD6.png

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

I'd like to announce that sharpie_eastern and I are currently working on Liberty City Stories for Vice City. As you can see from his post above, LCS was built off of Vice City's version of RenderWare. So we've decided to recreate LCS entirely off of Vice City. The mod is currently in an early beta and doesn't have a release date at the moment. We'll be making an official topic soon. For now, have a few screenshots.

xPdkayT.jpg

ETWeTwH.png

tJWQLyC.png

• Wildstylo likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Why not co with THESE GUYS?

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

If you need help scripting missions, I'd love to lend a hand. Good luck.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Our mod is built off of Hackman's map. That's it. We're trying to be even more authentic than the past attempts at recreating LCS. Our current build of LCS PC uses renamed extensions. MDL instead of DFF, CHK instead of TXD, LVZ instead of IMG, etc. The structure of the game's folder structure is changed too. But with these changes, older modding tools are no longer compatible with our mod, so they have to be recoded to read the new extensions.

If you need help scripting missions, I'd love to lend a hand. Good luck.

Send me or sharpie_eastern a private message and we can get things set up. :^:

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

it's pancake time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

wait so are the files actually different or did you just change the extension? if it's the latter then that's very very silly

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

If you don't mind me saying, what is the point of renaming these files CHK, MDL, LVZ, etc, when they're just the same as TXD DFF and IMG, that's just complicating things for no benefit, if you were using the actual real files with the 4bit and 8bit images then yeah it would make sense, but here, it just feels like one change with no benefit, just for the sake of looking like it's the original game even though it's not.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

If you don't mind me saying, what is the point of renaming these files CHK, MDL, LVZ, etc, when they're just the same as TXD DFF and IMG, that's just complicating things for no benefit, if you were using the actual real files with the 4bit and 8bit images then yeah it would make sense, but here, it just feels like one change with no benefit, just for the sake of looking like it's the original game even though it's not.

It's not complicated, it's a neat feature for the game. It read's DFF renamed to MDL, you can simply rename MDL to DFF vice versa and it'll work

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yeah but again ...why? :p We try and keep things as close to original file names as possible but we're letting the game use it's native extensions (and more ;)), there's no need to name it something it isn't.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

The goal is to make the game seem as authentic as possible. The whole renaming thing may be silly in theory, but in an odd way itseems to make the game feel more like an official PC port.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

But it doesn't. You want to see something that makes it feel like an authentic PC port, ask Silent about his SPTA files that we'll be including in one of the next VCS PC updates. If it's a TXD, it's a TXD, naming it a CHK is just a lie, and people will know this if they even try to open the texture file with an actual CHK viewer such as any of the stories texture Viewer Tools. :p Plus CHK's don't use DXT Compression. ;) You should be trying to make it native as possible for the PC side, not the other way around, ditch as many plug ins as possible, etc, try and get the game to run as it should on it's own. At the very least if you want to use CHK as a handle, don't compress them, so it's at least retaining the original quality that way and is keeping true to the CHK title.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 16 September 2013 - 03:03 AM.

But it doesn't. You want to see something that makes it feel like an authentic PC port, ask Silent about his SPTA files that we'll be including in one of the next VCS PC updates. If it's a TXD, it's a TXD, naming it a CHK is just a lie, and people will know this if they even try to open the texture file with an actual CHK viewer such as any of the stories texture Viewer Tools. :p Plus CHK's don't use DXT Compression. ;) You should be trying to make it native as possible for the PC side, not the other way around, ditch as many plug ins as possible, etc, try and get the game to run as it should on it's own. At the very least if you want to use CHK as a handle, don't compress them, so it's at least retaining the original quality that way and is keeping true to the CHK title.

It wasn't intended to fool people and the only plugin's we're using right now is CLEO. If it bothers people we can change everything back to dff,txd,dir,ifp?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Better yet, wouldn't it be better to have native MDL/CHK loading be a secondary priority? The main thing that that needs to be finished is vehicles/peds/SCM.

Having a buggy SCM can kill a mod, and not having everything required for the look 'n' feel can also kill the game.

XEPOMAHT007
  • XEPOMAHT007

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by XEPOMAHT007, 16 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

Our mod is built off of Hackman's map. That's it. We're trying to be even more authentic than the past attempts at recreating LCS. Our current build of LCS PC uses renamed extensions. MDL instead of DFF, CHK instead of TXD, LVZ instead of IMG, etc. The structure of the game's folder structure is changed too. But with these changes, older modding tools are no longer compatible with our mod, so they have to be recoded to read the new extensions.

This is stupid. Personally, I convert the LCS resources in analogues on the PC: MDL in DFF, CHK at TXD, COL2 in COLIII, WRLD in DFF & TXD & IPL, ANIM in the IFP and so on ... Renaming - extra work, you probably have nothing better to do, because the map is converted by master Hackman128, and all vehicles, and weapons, and all peds from LCS - also other people.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

The point of extensions rant is that even R* ports use different extensions on different platforms, native to the engine used (Manhunt 2).

Nights744
  • Nights744

Not Telling

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Personally, I don't care about extensions.

Just keep in mind: It's a load of extra work for nothing.

People like to open the txds and dffs for modding purposes or to take a look at the map in a map editor.

Changing the extensions, you also make the modding tools that where created for VC(2002 - 2013) incompatible.

I for one, care about what is ingame. I click on the executive and what I see then is what I rate.

Even if you release the mod as an .iso file, I only rate the gameplay.

You get 5 stars from me if you make the ingame gameplay as authentic as possible, even if the file names haven't got their original name.

If you take a look at the IMG files within the different GTA game folders, you realize that Rockstar doesn't care either!

There are files in GTA IV with the prefix "CJ".

Coincidence or just laziness?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by theNGclan, 16 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

This is stupid. Personally, I convert the LCS resources in analogues on the PC: MDL in DFF, CHK at TXD, COL2 in COLIII, WRLD in DFF & TXD & IPL, ANIM in the IFP and so on ... Renaming - extra work, you probably have nothing better to do, because the map is converted by master Hackman128, and all vehicles, and weapons, and all peds from LCS - also other people.

Oh please quit complaining. Whenever someone else makes a LCS mod you get your panties in a bunch. From what I remember, your content was used in VCS PC edition but then it was switched to someone else's work. You must not be as good as you put on if that happened. :^:

EDIT: Didn't you completely change some data in your DFF, TXD and IMG files to prevent people from modding your version of LCS?

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 16 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

Hackman converted 14 cars and the map, and I believe TripleAs converted the peds (no weapons). What exactly about changing the extentions is affecting you? This doesn't even matter. Like Night said it's about gameplay. Bringing a new LCS PC that we havent seen. An actual good LCS port unlike LCS PC Edition 3.1 which isn't so great

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

We're just giving you advice, doing pointless things like this doesn't benefit the game and just takes up more of your time, if you are serious about it, then this will explode and the workload is going to be huge, trust us, it's better to not waste time on something pointless that doesn't benefit the game what so ever and focus on at least making a plan and working towards a proper goal.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 17 September 2013 - 12:47 AM.

We're just giving you advice, doing pointless things like this doesn't benefit the game and just takes up more of your time, if you are serious about it, then this will explode and the workload is going to be huge, trust us, it's better to not waste time on something pointless that doesn't benefit the game what so ever and focus on at least making a plan and working towards a proper goal.

Thanks but DFF, MDL, CHK, TXD the game still run's the same. The whole switch probably took me about an 30 minutes to an hour to do. It's something that's already done. I see the big deal

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Well that's an hour wasted and shows you have the wrong priorities and straight away I don't trust you guys with the mod.

Oh well, it'll soon be another dead LCS Project. :p

• Mr. Jago likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 17 September 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Well that's an hour wasted and shows you have the wrong priorities and straight away I don't trust you guys with the mod.

Changed the extentions from DFF to MDL. DEAD MOD! Again you're talking about an aspect that does not affect the game at all :lol: Why not wait until a little more progress before getting all judgemental?

EDIT: Ash this would be like if I went to the VCS PC page and told you how to run your mod (Which is probably your number one complaint)

XEPOMAHT007
  • XEPOMAHT007

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yes, I think so, too. They did not show anything new. On the VC has long been available to all: all the weapons, all peds, all vehicles.

d6dc0014a833t.jpg 0e9e7b3482e0t.jpg

9ef5aefaba6ft.jpg 633c346313e4t.jpg

On the VC, they will not be able to convert the original LCS patches:

http://s017.radikal....b52d76ac41e.jpg

Original LCS collisions:

http://www.gtagarage...een.php?s=57397

As well as all the other data that you can only operate under the SA.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 15 November 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Yes, I think so, too. They did not show anything new. On the VC has long been available to all: all the weapons, all peds, all vehicles.

d6dc0014a833t.jpg 0e9e7b3482e0t.jpg

9ef5aefaba6ft.jpg 633c346313e4t.jpg

On the VC, they will not be able to convert the original LCS patches:

http://s017.radikal....b52d76ac41e.jpg

Original LCS collisions:

http://www.gtagarage...een.php?s=57397

As well as all the other data that you can only operate under the SA.

A VC game. And yes, unfortunately I don't have the ability to rip certain things from LCS such as orignal coordinates, paths, and car collisions. A  few things we have is orignal weapon data, orignal carcols, orignal handling, orignal IDE lines, and all initial scipts as well as collisions thanks to Hackman. We're trying very hard with the little tools we have

XEPOMAHT, isn't your mod lacking a storymode that you told me to write???? :O

HM128
  • HM128

alovelyday

• Members
  • None
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by HackMan128, 07 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

...and I believe TripleAs converted the peds...

And I believe that I converted all peds with smooth for my LCS PC to VC mod.

Really annoying is when people trying to say that in my mod I did converted just the map. What about ASI and CLEO files, menu and hud changing?

Good that you are active XEPOMAHT.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 08 October 2013 - 02:36 AM.

I'm sorry. Once again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users