[WIP] GTA III: Liberty City Stories Beta 1.1

87 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

The reasons why the SA engine would be even better is you can move the camera around in 3rd person with a controller, and move the camera around when in a car. However on the down side it has the players physical fitness, so sometimes the model can look funny.

But VC would be the best if you can get the camera to work like in SA when you play with a controller. It can look just like it, with bikes, garbage on the ground, ect.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

I don't like SA engine too much confused.gif But LCS would be good for sa only cause of the camera. The Camera of SA is impossible to port to VC;

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 09:07)
I don't like SA engine too much confused.gif But LCS would be good for sa only cause of the camera. The Camera of SA is impossible to port to VC;

Wrong, LCS uses VC engine.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 10:56)
LCS uses VC engine.

...with SA camera.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

The game was made on PS2 and PSP, which uses a gamepad; if you use a gamepad on VC and configure it, you can use SA camera on VC ONLY with a controller/gamepad.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:16 PM Edited by Frank.s, 02 April 2012 - 05:23 PM.

QUOTE (ManDog @ Monday, Apr 2 2012, 17:02)
The game was made on PS2 and PSP, which uses a gamepad.

They're talking about the ability to move the camera around the player+vehicle freely using the analogue stick/mouse in 3rd person which is only possible in SA.
In III+VC the car camera is fixed and on foot the player analogue stick goes into first person mode, even with a game pad (believe me i use one).
if you use a gamepad on VC and configure it, you can use SA camera on VC ONLY with a controller/gamepad.
As i explained: no you can't. tounge.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Oh, well, i'm sure i've done it before. Ah well tounge.gif

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm thinking of move this mod for Vice City. But now I have greater things to worry about not even related to GTA or games in general.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Move to SA.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:08 AM Edited by nkjellman, 04 April 2012 - 03:13 AM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 02:41)
Move to SA.

If he moves to SA, he should join up with the LCS team. The topic is here. http://www.gtaforums...pic=424287&st=0 If you joined them, we would have one LCS PC Edition mod getting closer to final, rather than two separate ones.
However they would need to find a way to disable swimming and wall climbing, that is IF they want 100% LCS. But I wouldn't remodel. Use the MDL porter. It would be much easier and less work, and also leads to 100% accuracy right off the bat.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 03:08)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 02:41)
Move to SA.

If he moves to SA, he should join up with the LCS team. However they would need to find a way to disable swimming and wall climbing, that is IF they want 100% LCS. But I wouldn't remodel. Use the MDL porter. It would be much easier and less work, and also leads to 100% accuracy right off the bat.

Well if he is interested i could help do a IV version after he has SA map done.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I have a way that can disable swimming in SA, but not climbing.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 13:59)

Well, same thing I'm going to tell you that I told the VCS team. Why not have climbing? Why the heck did Rockstar not include it in LCS and VCS. But with swimming in SA people would be able to get to places their not supposed to like behind Shoreside Vale.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 13:59)

GTA LC mod for VC will be the best to make this mod !
what i sugest you to do is to use some old LC mod release as a base (the final is too much like GTA III tounge2.gif LCS have loot of things from VC like sounds, bikes)
GTA VC is almost 100% open for mod (less limits than SA no sound repleace problem ).
Just make it on GTA LC mod it is the best way.

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Here is my LCS mod smile.gif

Can I help you with your mod?.I can add more lcs vehicles(not replace) and replace GTA III with GTA Lcs vehicles.I tried add Thunder-Rodd, Hellenbach GT and V8 Ghost(not replace) and it works and they spawns biggrin.gif
(sorry for my bad english, because I am Czech)
  • pogo_01 likes this

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Sliderv2 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 16:18)

Can I help you with your mod?.I can add more lcs vehicles(not replace) and replace GTA III with GTA Lcs vehicles.I tried add Thunder-Rodd, Hellenbach GT and V8 Ghost(not replace) and it works and they spawns biggrin.gif

Where do you got these LCS Cars?! I want them in my III iOS too :-). Or did you converterd it!?

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (countergame @ Friday, May 11 2012, 17:43)
[QUOTE=Where do you got these LCS Cars?! I want them in my III iOS too :-). Or did you converterd it!? [/QUOTE]

Ok, I make this for iso too, but you must wait to tomorrow.And have you jailbraked phone?

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Sliderv2 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 17:59)
[QUOTE=countergame,Friday, May 11 2012, 17:43] [QUOTE=Where do you got these LCS Cars?! I want them in my III iOS too :-). Or did you converterd it!? [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Ok, I make this for iso too, but you must wait to tomorrow.And have you jailbraked phone?

Sure all my iDevices are Jailbroken.

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:03 PM Edited by Sliderv2, 15 May 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Nice

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Awesome! inlove.gif

gtalcsfan
  • gtalcsfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

http://www.youtube.c...g&feature=g-upl

Hey, can I have the LCS BF Injection for VC? I am making a VC to LCS mod.

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

The BTTF: Liberty City mod for GTA 3 has a rotatable camera. You could ask the team how they did it and maybe port it to VC.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

you mean this?

http://gtaforums.com...amera-movement/

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Is this mod still ongoing?

For PC?

Who's in the team?

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

It's best to make the mod for GTA SA because it's engine is much better, especially that it allows driving bikes and hellicopters which are present in LCS

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's best to make the mod for GTA SA because it's engine is much better, especially that it allows driving bikes and hellicopters which are present in LCS

Bikes and helicopters where present in VC?

Also, the character models are structured differently in the SA engine, surely that would cause converting problems?

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Also, the character models are structured differently in the SA engine, surely that would cause converting problems?

I thought that LCS uses the same engine as San Andreas, it was made later than San Andreas anyway. So it makes more sense to convert the game as a modification for GTA SA rather than GTA Vice City or GTA 3

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

I thought that LCS uses the same engine as San Andreas, it was made later than San Andreas anyway. So it makes more sense to convert the game as a modification for GTA SA rather than GTA Vice City or GTA 3

III, Vice City and San Andreas were all made using the Renderware engine with updates to the engine for each game.

III made using the base engine, Vice City made using an updated III engine and SA made using an updated Vice city engine.

However Liberty City Stories was developed using an in house game engine created by Rockstar I believe.

I was thinking using the SA engine because you could use ENB to get the car reflections found in LCS but I then realised that the model structure is different.

Using the VC engine would be much easier, in my opinion.

I really want an working LCS port for PC that's being developed at this very time but I can't find one so I'm wanting to start my own or join a team that is starting one, I can code and map and I'd be willing to learn other parts just so I can get a working LCS PC edition.

I'm going to research some stuff first, I'm not good at modelling so have no idea as to how I'd get the LCS map into VC because the III map is different to the LCS one.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

III, Vice City and San Andreas were all made using the Renderware engine with updates to the engine for each game.
III made using the base engine, Vice City made using an updated III engine and SA made using an updated Vice city engine.
However Liberty City Stories was developed using an in house game engine created by Rockstar I believe.

saul-goodman.jpg?1372865216
Bzzzzz, wrong!

Don't confuse graphics engine and game's core engine. What you saying about RenderWare is true, but it doesn't really connect with game's entire code. In Stories case, they're based upon VC incarnation of the engine (with some SA features included, like camera code). Graphics engine has very little relevance on choosing what GTA to base the mod on.
  • Mr. Jago and pogo_01 like this

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

saul-goodman.jpg?1372865216
Bzzzzz, wrong!

Don't confuse graphics engine and game's core engine. What you saying about RenderWare is true, but it doesn't really connect with game's entire code. In Stories case, they're based upon VC incarnation of the engine (with some SA features included, like camera code). Graphics engine has very little relevance on choosing what GTA to base the mod on.

Thanks for correcting me Silent, what GTA would you recommend doing an LCS port on?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users