Photo

Turn Signals

73 replies to this topic
RandomPickle97
  • RandomPickle97

Menace to Society

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I've always felt like I didn't fit in with everybody else in the GTA world, becuase the player would be the only one without turn signals.
If you've ever played Driver & Driver 2, you'll noticed when you turn left/right, lights at the rear of your car would indicate if you're turning. Now, a game made in 1999 has user turn signals in them, then how come a game in 2012/2013 shouldn't? confused.gif

The Red Woman
  • The Red Woman

For the Night is Dark and Full of Chradders

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Worthy thread ! biggrin.gif

I think the other drivers on the road should indicate, it annoys me when drivers just randomly pull out or you don't know which way they're going to turn, in real life and in gta. But to be honest I couldnt be more indifferent about this

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Small but nice idea! would add more to realism in GTA V

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

The lack of information made us go mad.

ontopic: I say it is hard to implement. Here is why: if it works automatically when you make a turn, HOW does the system knows if you are actually making a turn or change lanes? If we should control the turn signals ourself, it is a waste of buttons and noone would use it.

Bath Salt
  • Bath Salt

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

icon14.gif

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

I would really like to be able to do this!

Hidaweey
  • Hidaweey

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

whats the point ???

you want to tell the Drivers that you want to turn ?

LMFAO

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Saint's Row: The Third and multiple PC mods for GTA IV include this feature.

Doo
  • Doo

Eat it!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Hidaweey @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 18:23)
whats the point ???

LMFAO

It could be just a little addition to the game, dude, chill out.
Nothing serious about this.

That's a nice idea. I always thought it existed in IV, I remember doing this in a GTA game.
Must have been a mod. But could be a nice detail. wink.gif

hayden11
  • hayden11

The Originator

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

You mean indicators.

I don't see why they couldn't add that in, sure. It all adds to the realism.

K-E316
  • K-E316

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm usually open towards optional features but this is really stupid IMO. It's pointless and there's basically no room for any of that in the controls.

Mr Jamesta
  • Mr Jamesta

Problem?

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Totally Agree! Ever since I've started playing GTA, I always thought that turn signals should be added to the game.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

Why did I move here? I guess it was your mother.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

The left and right directional buttons done nothing in GTA 4 as far as I can remember. So why not just add it in. It would ad realism and fun for roleplayers.

K-E316
  • K-E316

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 23:34)
The left and right directional buttons done nothing in GTA 4 as far as I can remember. So why not just add it in. It would ad realism and fun for roleplayers.

They were used for changing radio stations. turn.gif

Doo
  • Doo

Eat it!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 20:34)

They were used for the radio.
But it should be an automatic thing, where it detects when you're turning your car and then it turns on.

zackryderwoo
  • zackryderwoo

Why did I move here? I guess it was your mother.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (K-E316 @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 23:36)

LOL k, I havn't played it in ages. Was the up and and down directional buttons used for anything?

K-E316
  • K-E316

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (zackryderwoo @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 23:39)
QUOTE (K-E316 @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 23:36)

LOL k, I havn't played it in ages. Was the up and and down directional buttons used for anything?

Up to bring up cell phone. Down to zoom out map and show money. So again, turn signals wouldn't work since controls would be limited.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

seems kind of pointless

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

In Saints Row: The Third if you had a destination marked on your GPS then the game put on the signal as you approached the turn. I think that system would work very well in V.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (CajunSnipes @ Monday, Mar 5 2012, 00:13)
In Saints Row: The Third if you had a destination marked on your GPS then the game put on the signal as you approached the turn. I think that system would work very well in V.

Never noticed that.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

It's a good addition for those who like realism/roleplaying.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 had turn signals, by pressing one of the buttons it brought up a little menu where you could select left/right and window up/down etc. The right analog stick isn't used for anything if I remeber correctly. So they could implement a similar system. It wouldn't work automatically cause simply switching lanes would trigger it.

Or, it could be implemented as part of the GPS. In GTA IV the GPS would make the "ding dong" sound when approaching a turn, so why not just programme the turn signals to trigger at these waypoints.

unseenlock
  • unseenlock

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

who cares?

its a video game..i mean come on..some of the things you guys are asking for are ridiculous, (fingerless gloves, going to the bathroom, walking dogs, now turn signals?)

this is a video game, if you want to do all those things go outside.

RandomPickle97
  • RandomPickle97

Menace to Society

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (r0eladn @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 21:06)
The lack of information made us go mad.

ontopic: I say it is hard to implement. Here is why: if it works automatically when you make a turn, HOW does the system knows if you are actually making a turn or change lanes? If we should control the turn signals ourself, it is a waste of buttons and noone would use it.

So what I understand from reading your post is that you don't use turn signals when changing lanes? Only when turning? You sound
potentialy dangerous... but refering to your comment: I say it should do what Driver did; only use turn signals when stationary or moving at a slow rate of speed, (which are automatic). So that way the game knows your driving like a normal person, and not going 100km/h down a highway using your turn signals.

RandomPickle97
  • RandomPickle97

Menace to Society

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (K-E316 @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 22:43)
I'm usually open towards optional features but this is really stupid IMO. It's pointless and there's basically no room for any of that in the controls.

Thats why it would be automatic!

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Sure they could put turn signals. Double tap the arrow key of what turn you want to make. Pretty simple. People said the same thing about hi beams/lo beams when we were talking about that before IV was out.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (unseenlock @ Monday, Mar 5 2012, 00:17)
who cares?

its a video game..i mean come on..some of the things you guys are asking for are ridiculous, (fingerless gloves, going to the bathroom, walking dogs, now turn signals?)

this is a video game, if you want to do all those things go outside.

If you have nothing to contribute then leave.

Just because it's a video game doesn't mean a thing; last time I checked, R* was going for realism turn.gif

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Hidaweey @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 21:23)
whats the point ???

LMFAO

Actually, it could be useful if they implement it into the other cars' AI somehow. Like, allowing them to anticipate your next move so that they might wait for you and just simply work a little smoother because they can know where you're going to turn. Thus, the traffic AI gets just a little bit more realistic. If they did that then there'd definitely be a point to it.

(Also multiplayer RP)

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Monday, Mar 5 2012, 01:05)
QUOTE (Hidaweey @ Sunday, Mar 4 2012, 21:23)
whats the point ???

LMFAO

Actually, it could be useful if they implement it into the other cars' AI somehow. Like, allowing them to anticipate your next move so that they might wait for you and just simply work a little smoother because they can know where you're going to turn. Thus, the traffic AI gets just a little bit more realistic. If they did that then there'd definitely be a point to it.

(Also multiplayer RP)

I consider it a plus right now since everyone hates the current traffic AI.

Chrill
  • Chrill

Potatohead

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

It would, as mentioned above me, make it easier for the AI to know where we are going too. If any of you have played the 18 Wheels of Steel / Euro Truck Simulator games, AI traffic won't drive next to you if you're indicating that you'll be turning there. That way, the AI avoids incidents. We all know that GTA is not known for it's AI driving.

Even if not introduced for us to use, it could be introduced for AI cars so that we know where they are going. At least then, WE can avoid incidents.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Not this topic again.

Lets try to think about using turning signals when Rockstar actually gets the lighting right to begin with; new cars should have reverse lights (I think they were standard by the mid 60s), all cars since 1968 should have side reflectors (yellow for front red for back), front turning signals and side reflectors should light up at night (stay on when when not turning), cars since 1986 should have high mount stop lamps, I could go on. If they get that right (which they didn't, seeing the new and reused cars in the trailer) then we can consider GTA V a realistic turn signal blinking simulator.

And that's just what is wrong with the lights. I don't mean to rant (maybe I do), but when a video game has real cars they go leaps and bounds to get every detail right. I hate when fictional cars are ignored like this, they can easily be masterpieces that easily match some real cars' character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users