Photo

What does mouse look do?

9 replies to this topic
bscutajar
  • bscutajar

San Andreas Pro

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I was looking at the controls for vehicles and I saw mouse look. What does this do? it seems to have absolutely no effect.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

It disables or enables the ability to move the camera while driving in a car with the mouse.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

That's the theory, for me it doesn't do anything. I can still move the camera after pressing the button.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:41 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 03 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

I'll check my game and edit this.

In certain vehicles you can press the right mouse button to look around. It doesn't work on the majority of the vehicles and I don't remember this in any mission but I know I've used it. That must be it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Saturday, Mar 3 2012, 11:41)
I'll check my game and edit this.

In certain vehicles you can press the right mouse button to look around. It doesn't work on the majority of the vehicles and I don't remember this in any mission but I know I've used it. That must be it.

Actually on the Steam version, you cannot move the camera around freely while in a vehicle unless you press and hold the right mouse button at the same time. However, on the Retail (DVD) version, you do not have to press the right mouse button first. So, I guess that would depend on what version you are talking about?-I have both the DVD version(bought back in 2005) and the Steam version(got last year when Steam had the complete series-III, VC, SA, IV, and EFLC for $12.47), is how I know the differences..

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

So it's useless, unless you're playing STEAM version. Wonder why it's in the control options though in other versions. Programmer overlook?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Saturday, Mar 3 2012, 12:03)
So it's useless, unless you're playing STEAM version. Wonder why it's in the control options though in other versions. Programmer overlook?

Actually, the DVD version came out first(2005) and is V1 until June 2005, then V2 in June 2005 to present. The Steam version(V3)-which V2 and V3 came out about the same time, as it says the release date on Steam is June 6, 2005(which is about the time V2 came out, as I bought my DVD version is June of 2005 and it was V2). So, what is confusing is: Why are there two separate versions when they were released in the same month(V2 and V3 I mean)? confused.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, Mar 3 2012, 18:26)
QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Saturday, Mar 3 2012, 12:03)

Actually, the DVD version came out first(2005) and is V1 until June 2005, then V2 in June 2005 to present. The Steam version(V3)-which V2 and V3 came out about the same time, as it says the release date on Steam is June 6, 2005(which is about the time V2 came out, as I bought my DVD version is June of 2005 and it was V2). So, what is confusing is: Why are there two separate versions when they were released in the same month(V2 and V3 I mean)? confused.gif

STEAM took the release date of the original, first version of the game. It's not the official release date of SA on STEAM, which is January 4, 2008.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

STEAM took the release date of the original, first version of the game. It's not the official release date of SA on STEAM, which is January 4, 2008

I was wondering how that worked, as when I bought it off Steam it said 2008, however, when I checked earlier today, it had the 2005 date on it...Wonder why they changed it? confused.gif

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

I remember when the game has only came out in 2005 and I was playing it I had a tip in the top of the screen which said something like "Press and hold right mouse button and move the camera to lock it in that position". Didn't work for me though but I thought it would have been great if it did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users