Photo

Hell on Wheels

130 replies to this topic
Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (arijitsen @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 06:36)
It would be better if u continue with ur work..To keep the SA Modding alive dude.. wink.gif

Thanks icon14.gif
Figure I might as well finish now, even if nobody's around to play it lol

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Well I m ready to play it u ll get atleast one person who ll download it for sure.. icon14.gif
btw..I have got some free time if you would need any kind of help I can help u .. biggrin.gif

Xyn
  • Xyn

Ȼha!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Make that 2 people...

This mod is brilliant.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

I said it before but I'll repeat.
This mod is one of the best, but at the same time its not consistent.
for example some car models are HD some are standard , the same goes to the characters, menu/loading screens look not to good
In one sentence: good content, terribly ugly package

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 08:46)
I said it before but I'll repeat.
This mod is one of the best, but at the same time its not consistent.
for example some car models are HD some are standard , the same goes to the characters, menu/loading screens look not to good
In one sentence: good content, terribly ugly package

Thanks, I appreciate the support, glad ya'll have enjoyed it icon14.gif

I admit graphics aren't my forte, I can photoshop my ass off, but I know nothing about texture mapping. I figure anybody who's really concerned about graphics wouldn't be playing San Andreas anymore, so the focus is on gameplay / storyline (and the overall "feel") wink.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm not saying that everything has to be in HD and beautiful
But it should be consistent to create the "feel"
for example i think you shoud use low poly SA style models.
I understand you dont have skill to do them on your own and you want to include something new,
you can always ask for permission for stuff that is done already

Cars from LCS will fit in this mod
Some cool SA custom cars
2002 is not soo far from 99 i think it will work in this mod second 02
will fit

You can find alot more cars and also plenty of new character models in style that fit San Andreas.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

I agree with Ludi here. The mod was really great (even though I never got around finishing it completely) seeing as the biker vibe is my favorite (TLAD being my second favorite GTA, whereas I run a motorcycle gang on a roleplay server estabilished on the multiplayer client for GTA VC lol) but some things just put me off, it just felt really strange when all the cars around me had that SA style to them (terrible quality) and then suddenly there was a real-life brand car which was decent quality...whenever I mod cars in my GTA I either mod all of them to HQ ones or mod them all to keep it SA style. If you could re-manage some content, like for example using more lore-friendly vehicles and weapons (maybe some conversions from VC) I would be totally satisfied.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

@lolleroz: Why u no finish? lol, I appreciate ya givin' it a try icon14.gif

I didn't bother modding all the cars at first as it would have made the install massive (which in the end didn't matter 'cause I ended up just uploading the entire .img files anyway, so in retrospect the install would have been the same size). On top of that, the modeling community didn't help me at all, the SCM coders were great, but I was totally ignored when it came to car requests. I don't have the technical ability to model (I can skin, that's about it) so I was at the mercy of what was available. If I could have found a SD "San Andreas" version of the Smart Car (Clever Car IG) I probably would have used it instead. Same goes for the other HD vehicles, but to me the graphic difference was a very minor issue and after a while I stopped noticing they weren't the same. The big emphasis was on storyline, creative missions, and using parts of the map that R* themselves neglected. Kinda threw in the new vehicles as a bonus as I was adding in the various motorcycles. Maybe someday I'll go back through and see if I can do something about it (doesn't look good though with V on the horizon).

Again, thank you all for playing and I am always interested in hearing what you thought of it biggrin.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:09)

If I remember right I had to format my HDD due to viruses whilst I was on Bayside part of storyline. I might give it another try soon although I'll just replace every vehicle and weapon in the game so I have that perfect feeling and my OCD won't come in to interrupt me tounge.gif

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 14:48)
QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:09)

If I remember right I had to format my HDD due to viruses whilst I was on Bayside part of storyline. I might give it another try soon although I'll just replace every vehicle and weapon in the game so I have that perfect feeling and my OCD won't come in to interrupt me tounge.gif

Damn viruses (viri?), that sucks...the end of bayside Bikefest is about the half way mark (and when the story really starts to pick up). Givin' it a second try would be cool man icon14.gif (although I doubt anyone will play it once GTAV is out).

If you find good & appropriate replacement vehicles for the HD ones maybe you could let me know & I can make a re-release with just SD cars

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

ask for permission for these
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=556551
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=510857
http://www.gtaforums...pic=361100&st=0 police mesa is awesome, civil cabbie too.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=504074
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=486769 commet with 2 roof variants
also cheeck this out
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=319724

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users