Photo

Hell on Wheels

130 replies to this topic
TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ya sure ofcourse I would be glad if I would have contributed anything to the mod.

at72
  • at72

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

@Big Mitch Baker

Thanks for your fast reply & the safe game. I'll try without later when I find some time, maybe that bug doesn't occur again.
And concerning CLEO: ok, I admit, I installed it blush.gif , but just the .dlls so far.

I wanted to play your mod as a 10s mod and the original SA as a 90s mod - let's see how far I can go!

Anyway, this seems to be great stuff! I really like the rocker story!

Saint Burak
  • Saint Burak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Can you make another dlc for gta sa Big Mitch Baker?

Saint Burak
  • Saint Burak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:49 PM Edited by Saint Burak, 03 August 2012 - 01:42 PM.

sometimes my game crashes without any reason

when grove attacks me, game crashes.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

@ Saint Burak : Funny you should mention DLC, I am actually working on something right now for HoW (I'll add details to the front page when it's time smile.gif ) The DLC will see the return of external scripts (gambling, Ammunation, ect) as well as new features including Gang Hideouts, Drug Dealing, and setting up your own Heists icon14.gif

Sorry to hear about your game troubles, I assume you don't have CLEO installed (cleo and the mod don't mix lol). Although the game does crash sometimes, it should be very few and far between, if your game is crashing often then there is something else causing a problem or compatibilty issue. As for Grove St. Families crashing your game, is it at a specific point/mission, or just when your walking around? Does it happen every time, or just randomly? Any details you can give may help determine the problem/fix

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 12:32)
(cleo and the mod don't mix lol)

I wonder what did you do that CLEO makes the game crash? Used MPACK or added some new opcodes in weird way?

Saint Burak
  • Saint Burak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:15 PM Edited by Saint Burak, 04 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled game but still keeps same error.downloaded another gta sa but still same crash :C when I fire to groves or when groves fire to me game crashes and sometimes game does not crashes for this reason biggrin.gif

I cant pass "white boy in the hood" mission.After Knocked out sweet, game crashes.

lol.gif I found the problem.When anyone fires or aimes by tec-9, game crashes.now I'm gonna install backup of my weapon.dat.

Edit: Yeah now my game does not crash biggrin.gif

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

@ SilentPL : If only I knew lol, as far as I can tell there's nothing in the code that should mess with CLEO suicidal.gif
I made the mod with just regular scm coding in Sannybuilder, I never had CLEO installed when making it, however I don't see why that would effect anyone who did have CLEO, so it's a mystery for the ages.

I've created a HoW Debug Team here on the forums, but not much activity there as of late. Arijitsen has also offered to help debug, so maybe he can spot something I didn't see.

@ Arijitsen : I've been a bit busy lately but I'm working on getting you a copy of the scm script to look over (if you're still interested in helping, I appreciate it). If I'm taking too long, you can also check it out using Sannybuilder on my modded scm. The major issue is incompatibility with CLEO, and the inability to add External Scripts without constant crashes. Minor issues are a couple of spheres that refuse to dissapear, trailer park save doesn't work, ect... otherwise the game seems to work fine as long as people don't have CLEO installed mercie_blink.gif

@ Saint Burak : Man that's awesome, you're quite ingenuitive icon14.gif

Glad to hear ya got it sorted out, although you're the first to have that error, I'll add the "fix" to the front page just in case it can help someone else smile.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 04:35)
@ Arijitsen : I've been a bit busy lately but I'm working on getting you a copy of the scm script to look over (if you're still interested in helping, I appreciate it). If I'm taking too long, you can also check it out using Sannybuilder on my modded scm. The major issue is incompatibility with CLEO, and the inability to add External Scripts without constant crashes. Minor issues are a couple of spheres that refuse to dissapear, trailer park save doesn't work, ect... otherwise the game seems to work fine as long as people don't have CLEO installed mercie_blink.gif

Ah, you are using MPACKs then. It's a CLEO issue which has not been fixed since ages.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hey Mitch, I see that you make reference to the Oka Crisis in you mod. Good job man! and good mod

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

@Big_Mitch_Maker:Yep I m ready if you need my help I am ready for it .Anyways ,found another bug on the mission "Nobody F*cks with Us" & "White boy in the hood"
In the mission Nobody F*cks with us,When I go near the leader after meeting my gang it crashes!!
In the mission White boy in the hood when we went to meet the second dealer it crashes.
OK if you need my help just PM me I ll check it out what's wrong with the script.I ll also remove the bugs which I ve found if you wish.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

@ SilentPL : heh, well yes and no...I didn't actually use MPACKS (you don't have to go into the menu and pick an scm or anything), instead to install you just copy the main.scm and various .img files and replace the originals in the San Andreas folder. So essentially it's like an MPACK, but I didn't follow the actual method of making MPACKs. Probably still the reason for the incompatibility, but if you try the mod out you'll see what I mean wink.gif Here's hoping someone comes up with a fix.

@ Bondergomme : Right on, thanks man I appreciate it...And glad someone caught that reference, usually outside Canada people are unaware. I live right near the Six Nations reserve so we still get our fair share of protests and road blocks lol.gif

@ arijitsen : I'm glad you're still on board to help, as you can probably tell I'm a little too busy to get it done all by my lonesome...Anytime you feel like it take a look at the script and see what you can find, but I warn you it was my first forray in .scm coding so it's probably a little messy.

As for the errors you're encountering, it's quite a mystery...you sure you don't have CLEO installed? tounge.gif Seems to me you're getting a lot of errors that I've never encountered or heard of before (with the exception of the second dealer in that last Shiekh mission, I've had someone report that once before.) Gotta say it boggles my mind why some people can play all the way through no problem but others get crashes all the time suicidal.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 12:25)
I didn't actually use MPACKS (you don't have to go into the menu and pick an scm or anything), instead to install you just copy the main.scm and various .img files and replace the originals in the San Andreas folder.

This is strange then. I have an idea why it crashes though. If I come with a solution, should I post it here or at Debug topic?

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

@arijitsen: I'm glad you're still on board to help, as you can probably tell I'm a little too busy to get it done all by my lonesome...Anytime you feel like it take a look at the script and see what you can find, but I warn you it was my first forray in .scm coding so it's probably a little messy.

As for the errors you're encountering, it's quite a mystery...you sure you don't have CLEO installed?  Seems to me you're getting a lot of errors that I've never encountered or heard of before (with the exception of the second dealer in that last Shiekh mission, I've had someone report that once before.) Gotta say it boggles my mind why some people can play all the way through no problem but others get crashes all the time

Thanks ...I ll surely check out the script & I ll try to find out what's wrong with it.
OK & for the CLEO I don't have installed CLEO but still it crashes in the times I told you before.
I ll have a look what probs. might have occured....
Anyways can you tell me what I ll do to pass those 2 missions as the game is crashing ??

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have Cleo 3 installed, with about hundred scripts with this mod, looks playable, with some minor bugs. I'm even passed a few missions some time ago.

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have founded out one temporary sol. for that CLEO problem but I ll check if it is fool proof sol. or not.It looks like a cooincidence to me but you can give a try I ll upload the files soon.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

@ SilentPL : Any theory you have is still better than the Nothing I got lol
If you do find a solution (which would be awesome) ya might as well post it here, the debug topic has been dead a while, and everyone posts their bug issues here anyway tounge.gif

@ Arijitsen : Well the mission "White boy in the hood" isn't necessary to complete the main storyline, however "Nobody f*cks with us" is... I could try uploading a savegame at that point, but it's really just a temporary solution. Seems that some people can play all the way through, but if you encounter a crash you're bound to see more.

Any solution to the CLEO problem is welcome, I look forward to seeing what you've come up with. We still need to get to the bottom of why you're game is crashing even without CLEO, the randomness of it bothers me mercie_blink.gif

@ ThirteenAG : The mod is playable with CLEO, but you will eventually run into bugs that don't appear if have a clean install (unless you're one of the unlucky few like Arij there sad.gif ). Seems to be random too, so there's a small chance that even someone with CLEO could make it to the end of the game, but if you keep running into bugs I suggest the no-cleo method wink.gif

@ SilentPL & Arijitsen : You two are my official debug team now tounge.gif
If you an get my mod working (nearly)bug-free for everyone, I could send ya some cash over Paypal for your trouble (like $20 each or somethin', I ain't rich lol)

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

I have founded out a temporary sol. for the CLEO problem well it has worked for me maybe it solves your problem too.Follow the steps:
1.Install a clean sanandreas
2.Install Hell on wheels
3.Now install any MPACKS like the DYOM
4.Then install CLEO & add gxthook.cleo

Well it worked for me just start the new game with the option standard game.I installed about 23 or 24 mods and didn't created any problem for me.
WARNING:Some CLEO scripts may still cause problem !!
Anyways I ll try to find out a permanent sol. for the Mod.
And now about the crashes or bugs which I m facing I think they are related to the fault in SCM I ll try to fix it.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

That's sweet you found a temp solution to the CLEO problem, I'll add the fix to the front page to help out the other CLEO users icon14.gif
I myself don't have any problems with the mod, I can play it from beginning to end without a crash so I'll have to take your word that it works smile.gif

If you can fix the SCM to be more stable, that would be epic, as I said before I'll even compensate you if it works for everyone biggrin.gif
Thanks again for helping out

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

ok FINE I think I have found a permanent sol. for all your problems I ll check out whether it will work or not till then every one can use the earlier fix.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Played a while with CLEO4 and my mods, no problems encountered. I guess that it happens only for badly scripted CLEO mods (like the ones using global variables a lot - they just overwrite SCM data and everything gets screwed up). Doubt it can be "fixed" inside SCM.

About making the SCM bug-free - that'd be a problem. Unfortunately, whole script is written pretty... poorly? It would need a major overhaul to make it bug free (not crash free - it already MAY be).

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

@ arijitsen : Right on, let me know when/if it turns out icon14.gif

@ SilentPL : That makes sense, if anything from CLEO messes with the main.scm it would explain the issues. Also HoW is missing a lot of the external scripts and side-missions (like Caesar's yayo courier missions), so if any CLEO scripts attempt to call on them it would also cause instability. I guess for now the best bet for people is either using Arijitsens' fix or not installing CLEO at all.

As for the script, it was my first attempt at coding anything in SCM (actually I tired once before to make this very same mod when SA first came to PC, but I was even less computer savy back then and all I could do was add car spawns tounge.gif ). It's messy, but it does follow a certain "logic" once you see it (like DCCUT1 is the cutscene that leads into the mission DC_1, ect...). I don't expect that every minor bug can be fixed, Crash free would be fine enough....I can honestly say my copy doesn't crash any more often than the original unmodded San Andreas, so I can only assume it should be crash free for everyone mercie_blink.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:20 AM Edited by SilentPL, 17 August 2012 - 11:27 AM.

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 05:14)
As for the script, it was my first attempt at coding anything in SCM (actually I tired once before to make this very same mod when SA first came to PC, but I was even less computer savy back then and all I could do was add car spawns tounge.gif ). It's messy, but it does follow a certain "logic" once you see it (like DCCUT1 is the cutscene that leads into the mission DC_1, ect...). I don't expect that every minor bug can be fixed, Crash free would be fine enough....I can honestly say my copy doesn't crash any more often than the original unmodded San Andreas, so I can only assume it should be crash free for everyone mercie_blink.gif

Indeed, I got no crashes yet, either with and without CLEO mods.

As for the missions - as I said, they are mostly playable and enjoyable despite them not having a proper script, but some things are noticeable - save names are not set when mission is complete (this way, you don't increase "Mission Passed" stat, thus making legit 100% impossible), some onscreen glitches like guys being locked yet trying to run in the 1st mission (when the guys start to attack Snake and his friends).
I like the idea of 'convoy ride' in TLAD style, but it would work better if the goons actually respawned when they get too far away (and are not onscreen).

@About CLEO issue
As I said, it's mostly unfixable and is a fault of badly scipted CLEOs. For example, when somone uses a global variable $2000 (which is evil), he may succeed in vanilla SA and never get a crash, because the var may be used once/unused/used only in one mission. However, the same var in HoW may be used for something very important, thus making it crash (notice that vars are being saved by ID, NOT by name - that's why so many people think they are safe to use in CLEO!). PROPERLY scripted CLEOs shouldn't crash. There are some exceptions from 'not use global vars' rule, like $PLAYER_CHAR, $PLAYER_ACTOR, $ONMISSION etc. However, all of them go on right IDs in HoW, so they don't make problems icon14.gif

@Coding tip
Cutscenes could go into mission code aswell turn.gif

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 05:14)
I guess for now the best bet for people is either using Arijitsens' fix or not installing CLEO at all.

The problem is, such "fix" doesn't "fix" nothing. You ship whole SA dir (with lots of garbage in it - tons of decompiled and compiled main.scms!), so it's quite logical that you have to overwrite your stock DLL files with ASI Loader in order to get CLEO to work again. Without it, ASI plugins will never load, and that's not even a bug.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:38 AM Edited by Big_Mitch_Baker, 19 August 2012 - 04:10 AM.

I'm glad it works for you, I think you hit the nail on the head with CLEO being the problem for the minority of players with major issues.

I would love to have the mission names with the saves, I can easily replace them in the gxt (I think I already might have) however I'm not sure what opcode to use to increment missions...is it 0318? For some reason I remember having trouble with it but I can't remember why suicidal.gif

And I was hoping nobody would notice the extra files lol, I forgot to remove them in v 1.2 (that's why it's slightly bigger than v. 1.1, in which I remembered to remove them before compiling the .rar file). When I release v1.3 I'll remember to remove that extra crap again. Luckily it only adds a few mb to the overall file size.

I must say you've really enlightened me somewhat on CLEO and how it works, I appreciate the info icon14.gif
And next time I'll be sure to combine the cutscene and mission into one thread, much easier to keep track of smile.gif

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't know how you guys didn't encountered crashes ?? Because I am still unable to complete those two missions because whenever I try to complete it crashes . I opened your SCM and I agree with silent that it is a bit messy but I can gather some infos from it most probably I may get a complete fix soon.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:30 AM Edited by Big_Mitch_Baker, 27 August 2012 - 07:34 AM.

@ arijitsen : That would be awesome if you can find anything, if you have any questions about something in the coding just let me know. I would really appreciate it if someone could fix it, or at least figure out why it happens. I've had theories that the problem might be with the removal of the external scripts, or perhaps some of the "open ended" threads like Bikefest, but if that was the case I can't explain why it only crashes for some confused.gif

I'll see what I can do about uploading another savegame around your progress level, but I can only expect it'll happen again until we find a fix sad.gif

Everybody Else : Glad the mod is working for most of you, keep up the reviews biggrin.gif
And don't forget to check out the Strategy Guide/Video Playthrough
I'll keep working on the DLC, hopefully I'll have it out before V is released icon14.gif

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

What is an DLC lol !!
Anyways I ll surely try to fix all the stuffs which are creating the cause ..

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Wow, you don't know what DLC stands for? lol, practically every game has one.
It stands for "Downloadable Content", if you know of Red Dead Redemption, shortly after it was released Rockstar Games made the zombie version of it. That's a Downloadable Content.

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks I didn't knew that ....No one is perfect..

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

I've got a problem with completing this mod. In the mission "Thunder Run", where you need to destroy the trucks the game crashes after the third truck is destroyed and sometimes freezes. I tried everything, but no effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users