Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

TheGreatGig23
  • TheGreatGig23

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I finally watched Black Snake Moan last night and, besides the film being genuinely brilliant, the soundtrack just blew me away. Very simple and honest but beautifully effective. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. With Samuel L. Jackson playing a blues-singing badass, what can go wrong?

This was a stand-out song for me:

Jibran
  • Jibran

Salute this Forums

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Monday, Feb 27 2012, 23:23)
I finally watched Black Snake Moan last night and, besides the film being genuinely brilliant, the soundtrack just blew me away. Very simple and honest but beautifully effective. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. With Samuel L. Jackson playing a blues-singing badass, what can go wrong?

This was a stand-out song for me:

It's cool. I gonna watch it this weekened

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hummm? I swear this topic used to exist.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

[Original]The Wicker Man(not that crappy Nick Cage one that sucked ass and ruined a great movie that won 1974 best horror film)

Sure this one may not really count...well, maybe it does. I'm from Philadelphia and we own Rocky.

TheGreatGig23
  • TheGreatGig23

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

@ Jibran: Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, man. If not for the story, at least for Christina Ricci's boobs biggrin.gif

I know this isn't a film but I feel it deserves a mention. House M.D., aside from being one of the best programmes ever broadcast, has some seriously good music to accompany it. Every moment has a very fitting song attached to it and really helps it to dig deep and get right into you. Here's a song that really struck a chord with me:

Also, if you liked that song, I highly recommend you check out the live version. It's around 9 minutes long but every second is brilliant.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm not sure how much it deviates from Tchaikovsky original score (being a philistine who hasn't seen or ever really cared about Swan Lake), but I really do love Clint Mansell's take on some of the music for Black Swan.

That bit around 3:01 sticks in my head for days afterwards, and makes me feel all cultured.

ilovebender.com
  • ilovebender.com

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 01:26)
Sure this one may not really count...well, maybe it does.  I'm from Philadelphia and we own Rocky.

I've been there... Ran up those steps, sat there one summer's evening in 2004, looked at the skyline... I've actually been to that exact spot.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

If you can't laugh, you might as well cry.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

My choices:

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (ilovebender.com @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 05:31)
Sure this one may not really count...well, maybe it does.  I'm from Philadelphia and we own Rocky.
[youtube]ROCKY[youtube]

I've been there... Ran up those steps, sat there one summer's evening in 2004, looked at the skyline... I've actually been to that exact spot.

Me too. I work right down the street and pretty much stair in that direction during my smoke breaks tounge2.gif . I do the run up the steps about once a year with an older co-worker of mine. Heck, I even begged to be the scrapple mascot during one of the organized 'Rocky Runs' one year.

Hanging on the steps at night is fun. It gets a bit wacky and I've always been amazed that they allow it. But if you want to have the most fun there, stop over here after a snow storm. For some strange ass reason they let us sled down the steps. It's like a million miles an hour.

Oh sh*t OST thread.
How 'bout some Phil Collins - Against all Odds?

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Dazed and Confused, Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, The Big Lebowski.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=cz2ET5K6zY0

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Going slightly off-topic here, but thought this would be better then to make a topic just to ask for one track.

Anyway, watched Kick-Ass last night, and a track played twice within the movie, and it's one I've been searching for for some time now, since I also heard it played during an episode of Shameless, and on some advert on TV. The track is playing during both times that the camera is panning in on the school, both at the start of the film and during the ending part of the film. I currently have no access to YT on this laptop, and no websites seem to be helping.

Any help appreciated. smile.gif

Sean_R_LFC
  • Sean_R_LFC

We don't need no thought control

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM Edited by Slamman, 11 April 2012 - 11:13 PM.

QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 02:56)
QUOTE (ilovebender.com @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 05:31)
[youtube]ROCKY[youtube]

Me too. I work right down the street and pretty much stair in that direction during my smoke breaks tounge2.gif . I do the run up the steps about once a year with an older co-worker of mine. Heck, I even begged to be the scrapple mascot during one of the organized 'Rocky Runs' one year.

Hanging on the steps at night is fun. It gets a bit wacky and I've always been amazed that they allow it. But if you want to have the most fun there, stop over here after a snow storm. For some strange ass reason they let us sled down the steps. It's like a million miles an hour.

Oh sh*t OST thread.
How 'bout some Phil Collins - Against all Odds?

Love the song, and I'm not just saying that, I enjoyed the film on DVD over again a few times as well, fan of Jeff Bridges

I need to say again, nearly no better soundtrack in all of recorded history then THIS IS SPINAL TAP
It's just how it is. No one has been able to record a better soundtrack, but I did wind up picking up Last Action Hero which is a pretty interesting mixed bag. Also the Beavis and Butthead soundtrack! haha

Serious Also Rans;
Star Wars
Lawrence of Arabia

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Watched all the Vengeance Trilogy, and the soundtracks are among the best I've heard...

Here a track from Old Boy

markwey
  • markwey

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

The ORIGINAL movie version of "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky III (1982) with Tiger growling.
One of the greatest and most legendary movie soundtrack songs of all time.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

If you can't laugh, you might as well cry.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

A bit of a bump but, a few more favourites of mine:

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Can't believe I forgot to mention this soundtrack, although I recall mentioning it within the last topic that was made about movie soundtracks.

One of the best, most recent soundtracks from a film has to be the Juno one. It's not the type of music I would have found/heard without this film, but I'm glad that I did. The tracks are catchy as hell. I'm not posting any videos from the film/soundtrack, as I'm having trouble with videos at the current moment, but I'd recommend it to anyone who likes that type of music, if not everyone.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 23:36)
Going slightly off-topic here, but thought this would be better then to make a topic just to ask for one track.

Anyway, watched Kick-Ass last night, and a track played twice within the movie, and it's one I've been searching for for some time now, since I also heard it played during an episode of Shameless, and on some advert on TV. The track is playing during both times that the camera is panning in on the school, both at the start of the film and during the ending part of the film. I currently have no access to YT on this laptop, and no websites seem to be helping.

Any help appreciated. smile.gif

Better late than never...

Stand Up - The Prodigy

Sampler can be found here, Track 1.

Anywho, I love the sound track to The Island, in particular this track.

TheKimberBenton
  • TheKimberBenton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Top Gun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users