Photo

activation problem (rare)

21 replies to this topic
turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

I bought gta4 off steam a LONG time ago and it works fine ect ect. But do to a graphic mods failure i had to reinstall it off steam. Well this time When i launched it it gave me CD activation process.

Steam is suppose to do this for you and just launch the game and you enter the game key and its done right? Well its asking for the serial number, and i already have the unlock code.

Steam support and I have been messaging and Neither of us know what to do, And rockstar support didn't do anything at all except be stupid about it -.-.

I have a legal copy of gta4 and when i try to activate it Its taking me threw the CD activation process. But I do have dual boot up with windows 7 and xp, And i downloaded it onto xp and it works fine. Activated it like it was suppose to and no problems except i have no sound on xp and it wont let me play without sound. dead end there. So on windows 7, its taking me threw this process and i cant find a serial anywhere (legal way) any ideas?.

-thx

windows 7 pro
6 core
4 ghz
radeon 6770

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Did you revoke all your previous activations?

Revoke GTA IV's license on your PC install

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:01 AM Edited by turbow5, 26 February 2012 - 03:13 AM.

I looked intro that and apparently I revoked the license or whatever and it also asked for the serial number to reset it and here i am again..
I don't have a serial number..
Any other ideas?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

No wait... How can you not have a serial?

Steam ALWAYS gives you a serial. You can't just lose it; you just click on the CD Key option in Steam... Somethings fishy...

user posted image

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

What you posted in the picture is the CD key, not the serial number, and doesn't work for serial, tried that. Steam doesn't provide a serial number just CD key, anything else?

TopHat01
  • TopHat01

Public Enemy #1

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Uninstall all other copies of GTA IV from all other PC's, use this official Revoke Tool if needed, and then reinstall through Steam on your new system/OS installation.

Or, stop asking for support for illegal copies here.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (turbow5 @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 02:18)
What you posted in the picture is the CD key, not the serial number, and doesn't work for serial, tried that. Steam doesn't provide a serial number just CD key, anything else?

The CD key IS Steam's version of the serial number that is used to activate it...I too have the Steam version, and that was the code I had to use...

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:40 PM Edited by turbow5, 26 February 2012 - 06:58 PM.

I'll show a picture its not pirated and the Cd key doesn't work for a serial number. (Being new to this forums couldn't figure out how to post a picture in here "...") I tried the CD key, its the CD key for in-game you have to enter, its not the serial. Tried that and doesnt work. and I've been trying to revoke it, I'll try a few other things...
And also I'm the only gamer in my household so no other computer.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Go to imageshack.us, upload the image then just copy and paste the Forum Code link in the message box when you post.

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

http://imageshack.us...onproblem1.png/ photo of purchase .. and also how do you revoke license manually? the way i saw off rockstars forums needed serial and once again..no serial.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Use this tool
https://support.secu...ex.php?c=revoke

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

yes that was the website i used, notice it needs serial? i don't have one. and this is where i got stuck...anything else?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

All you have to do is start the program, click Revoke Manually and then when you click that, it generates a code and you paste it into the webpage here
https://support.secu...ex.php?c=revoke

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

when I launch it, it just says you installed the game correctly and bla bla so i click next and you enter your serial number which i don't have...I doesn't give me a option to revoke manually, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Screenshots please?

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

--> installed correctly http://imageshack.us...ionproblem2.png

and after i click next this pops up..

http://img854.images...ionproblem3.png

no serial number whatsthat.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

You really don't want to your product key post on the web.

Serial number = CD key

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

I've tried the product key many times for this. I think my key is personally broke or something (have to deactivate it or whatever) because i used a friend case serial number and it worked..so...that was kinda retarded after all this time but thanks for helping.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

More Betterer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Just FYI, go to Steam, click on CD Key, and copy and paste that into the Serial box.

Oh yes, if you took a key from a friend, I don't think your friend can use his copy anymore....

turbow5
  • turbow5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

already activated his confused.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

I think you have no idea what you're doing there. What's probably going on is that you, as intelligent as you are, used your own key too many times and now you're locked out of activation. Securom activations count is limited, you know, to about 5. Boo-hoo. At least do your friend a favour and release the Securom license related to his key.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

According to Page 2 of the manual that comes with the game, you should be able to get around it, as it says, and I quote:
During the Grand Theft Auto IV installation you will be prompted to register with Games For Windows-LIVE and Rockstar Games Social Club. Please note that registration into either is no mandatory to play...

Actually, if you are talking about Live activations?, you are not really limited, as all you have to do is either e-mail OR call the TOLL FREE number for Microsoft and get the activation back(may take 5-10 minutes), but will allow you to get an activation back.

Plus, 5 activations should be more than enough, as MOST people only have 2 computers-a desktop and a laptop, so only 2 activations are needed at most. It's nobody's fault but your own if you decide to un-install the game after a successful activation OR mess up due to modding problems and have to re-install, as NO one has forced you to un-install the game OR mod the game in the first place, in my opinion.-You do so at your own risk...Just curious on a couple of things. But, if you decide to quote me, remember to be polite and friendly, as I am still learning the ins and outs of computers. Thanks in advance. That's how I learn-by asking questions. Also, obviously I know what I am talking about, as a mod even said so here:
Seriously---- Radioman is probably the most knowledgeable member who is active..
Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users