Quantcast

» «
Photo

Beginner's Questions about GTA II Modifications.

9 replies to this topic
H8zard
  • H8zard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey community,

Last Saturday, i stumbled again upon the favourite game of my childhood - GTA II. Seeing that there is a legal distribution, i downloaded it and played it once again. After i fought my way through the downtown district, i got somewhat bored since i already played most of the missions and then read something about modifications. I remembered how i always wanted to change the default character, which led me to this topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=483898

But, i don't know about the script and where to insert it and how to open the files in the program folder. Is there a beginner's guide to modding/scripting for the game? I found nothing helping me but i might have overseen, so if there's one please let me know.

Anyway, i have some questions:
1. I want to input some interesting things in the Residential District, beginning with changing the player sprite. Where is the data that i need to change, and how do i open it?
2. Is it possible to script assasins attacking when you enter a certain area or RC vehicles without entering(altering) a mission script.
3. Are the sprites from the three SRS traitiors from Taxi Traitor Test also able to be accessed?

Thanks in advance,
-H8zard

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:28 AM Edited by Sektor, 29 February 2012 - 01:07 PM.

1. I want to input some interesting things in the Residential District, beginning with changing the player sprite. Where is the data that i need to change, and how do i open it?

This guy changed the player remap using Cheat Engine but the memory pointers he lists didn't work on my system. A trainer is possible but I haven't seen one released for GTA2 v11.41.

I prefer to modify the files but you can only easily change Industrial level script. The script/mis files for Residential and Downtown were never released and the Epic GTA2 Map Editor decompiler is not able to completely decompile them.

For changing Industrial level player remap:

Download: http://gtamp.com/GTA2/gta2script.7z
Extract all the files and open example\bil.mis in notepad or any text editor.
Find line: PLAYER_PED shaft = ( 44.5 , 102.0 , 2.0 ) 25 0
Change 25 to 07 to make the player's clothing yellow instead of black.
If you don't want the player to look like a gang member then find the LEVELSTART command
Right after LEVELSTART command, paste SET_CHAR_GRAPHIC_TYPE (shalf, EMERG_GRAPHIC, -1)
Save bil.mis
Run miss2.exe, load bil.mis and then select Run Parser.
If it compiles without errors then copy bil.scr and bil\* into your GTA2 data folder.
Start GTA2 and play the Industrial Level (level 3).

2. Is it possible to script assassins attacking when you enter a certain area or RC vehicles without entering(altering) a mission script.

3. Are the sprites from the three SRS traitors from Taxi Traitor Test also able to be accessed?

Yes.

H8zard
  • H8zard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

Thank you very much. I am now able to change the default character and the parked cars.
Now, i want to script my first mission, or at least some events on the map. But the code seems so complex and structured at the same time to me, so i don't know where to put it in.

If, for example, i want a 52 character armed with a rocket launcher and driving in the default car chasing me after i exit Jesus Saves, what code would i have to enter and where?

Thanks in advance,
-H8zard

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Some bot example scripts.

Create 16 bots that try to kill player 1

Head hunter script - if gang respect is low, they send a respawning hitman after you

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

I have a problem with the original map editor, everytime i try to open or save a new map it crashes, but everything else works ok, also the save function just dont change anything, the only way i can open a file is to create a new one or to open a map by right clicking on the file. Also the tiles only shows if i clic on them.

I read somewere that the map editor was originally developed for Windows 98, but running in compatibility mode fix nothing.
So i want to install the old windows 98 in my second hard disc unit, but i want to know if this solve the issues.

And sorry for my crappy english. (just joined to this forum to see if someone can answer me)

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

Use save compressed when you are ready to test the changes in GTA2. If you just use save then GTA2 won't see the change.

There are work arounds for the white tile bug. Basically just an external tile selector.

Running GTA2 in full screen while the map editor is open will make the map editor crash. Either close one of them or run in window mode.

Don't use any compatibility mode, it won't help.

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:40 PM Edited by reiniat, 07 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

EDIT: all problems solved, thanks for the tile selector, this map editor is incredibly easy to understand compared to other ugly map editors, ill see what can i create.

H8zard
  • H8zard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Wednesday, Feb 29 2012, 13:33)
Some bot example scripts.

Create 16 bots that try to kill player 1

Head hunter script - if gang respect is low, they send a respawning hitman after you

Sorry that i bump this thread but where do i put those scripts in. I tried , but the compiler crashes every time.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Which compiler are you using? Can you compile other scripts? Sometimes the official compiler crashes if there are too many files in the folder the .mis file is in, so you might need to put it in a folder on its own. Delete the *.### and *.tmp files and make sure the folder is writable.

H8zard
  • H8zard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:53 AM Edited by H8zard, 22 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

QUOTE (Sektor @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 08:25)
Which compiler are you using? Can you compile other scripts? Sometimes the official compiler crashes if there are too many files in the folder the .mis file is in, so you might need to put it in a folder on its own. Delete the *.### and *.tmp files and make sure the folder is writable.

I can compile other scripts and i use the GTA2 Script Compiler V9.6. But i am not sure what to do. First, i thought i just copy and paste the code after the commands in bil.mis, but that apparently crashes the compiler. What exactly do i have to do in order to make the modifications work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users