» «
Photo

Blackadder

8 replies to this topic
ilovebender.com
  • ilovebender.com

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:21 AM Edited by ilovebender.com, 25 February 2012 - 11:47 AM.

Who'se seen Blackadder?

It's a peridocical British sitcom about a family or something.
It's like a dynasty or a bloodline that pokes fun at hierarchy.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

I'm actually a big fan of the series, Rowan Atkinson takes it on the chin a lot for his sillier fair like Mr Bean and Johnny English but this show really shows off his acting chops on dialog driven comedy and consequently ends up being some of his funniest work to date.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

This is a show I've always meant to watch (as a big Atkinson fan) but never got round to. Was wondering what to watch next once I finish Peep Show, maybe this needs a viewing...

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Love it. Used to watch it a lot when I was a kid, BoB.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Well, better then Mr. Bean, I suppose. Last I saw of Rowan was on that BBC car show, why I can't remember it off hand is beyond me

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

user posted image

They just don't make shows like this any more.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

HAHA series 2 -4 were trully superb. I even believe blackadder goes forth would have succeded over the pond (america lol). it was so witty and clever. When i watch some of the generic comedies in the states that made it big ( two and a half men) it certainly stands a chance.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:04 AM Edited by OH NO, 31 March 2012 - 04:07 AM.

Its absolutely brilliant and as far as Uk sitcoms go is probably only topped by Only fools , due to the often sublime mix of serious drama, family dynamics and humour. Im yet to hear an explanation as to how they decided to switch Atkinsons personality so drastically between the first and following series, he was perfect in the adjusted role. You can tell they had an absolute scream making it, Fry (baahhhhhhhh) Mayall...cameos by coltrane and Tom baker etc. I would tear Miranda Richardson as well I swear. On pretty much any other female the character would be irritating, but the nuances she brought to her role (main role as queen whatever, its too late to think or look) were quite endearing, such as that squeak and high childish voice.

maybe this needs a viewing...

no maybe about it man. Get on it, you lucky c*nt for never seeing it previously.

rowan atkinson is actually involved in possibly my favourite sketch ever (my old man got me onto all this a young un) I forget who else is involved, maybe fry. Anyway its the gorilla sketch. "When I caught him, he was totally wild" ...."wild? I was absolutely livid!" f*ckin genius

the finest green

a cunning plan etc etc etc

You will never get a group of such talented comedians together again.

[edit] this motherf*ckers topic again

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I am a huge fan of the Mr Bean series.
I have seen a couple episodes every now and then of Blackadder and I think its quite funny.
Next time,I flick through the channels on TV and I'll watch it. For now, I'll just check out some episodes on YouTube.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users