Photo

Notifications

3 replies to this topic
Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

How about notifications when you're quoted? Just a thought.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I don't think it's needed. There's another trick doing this, using the Search Engine. Not getting notificated, but finding the posts that contain your name, including Quotes.
Simply go to the Search Engine, type in your name, then on bottom right you'll see 4 options. At the "Result Type" check "Show results as posts" and then click "Perform the Search"

Here are the results. icon14.gif

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

I really like that idea, to be completely honest. A couple of sites I use have a similar feature in their commenting system that shows a notification when another user replies to something you've posted. It can come in really handy, actually. Definitely beats going back and constantly checking to see if someone has or not.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 11:33)
I don't think it's needed. There's another trick doing this, using the Search Engine. Not getting notificated, but finding the posts that contain your name, including Quotes.
Simply go to the Search Engine, type in your name, then on bottom right you'll see 4 options. At the "Result Type" check "Show results as posts" and then click "Perform the Search"

Here are the results. icon14.gif

As time consuming this method seems, I'm afraid this and topic notifications are as close you're going to get. This forum is notorious for being highly unstable, so I don't know how likely it is (or indeed, how possible it is) to add more notification options. It'd be handy, but usually I like to see how the topic progresses regardless of who's quoted me. It's an option for V2 of course, but I don't know useful it'll be, or how likely it'll be to be added. As far my opinion goes, it certainly wouldn't hurt, but would it get used?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users