Photo

Fist Fighting system

31 replies to this topic
MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

Do you guys think RDR's fist fighting system will be in GTA V i hope so cuz the fist fighting system in GTA IV was pretty garbage the flow was so bad, In red dead it just flowed alot smoother and the knockout you always funny to watch

In red dead the brawls before competitive matches always put a smile on my face, smile.gif even going to the bar in armadillo and starting a fist fight was was pretty jokes biggrin.gif

What do you guys think?

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

What if we could combine LA Noire and RDR's system together?

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (xRescue2x @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:27)
What if we could combine LA Noire and RDR's system together?

I havent played LA Noire so i dont know what the fist fighting in that game is like but if its anything like RDR's then im all for it

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

WTF? Seriously, RDR's fist fighting system was the WORST in a videogame, how the hell would you like that sh*t?

GTA V should implement a fighting system like in THE WARRIORS

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:37)
WTF? Seriously, RDR's fist fighting system was the WORST in a videogame, how the hell would you like that sh*t?

This. The Warriors was amazing.

xRescue2x
  • xRescue2x

FireFighter

• Members

****WATCH IT AT 6:08****

TheTrikstar
  • TheTrikstar

Skank!

• BUSTED!

I hated RDR's Fighting System, Its litreally swing, swing, uppercut. And you couldn't kill with it, I think R* need to take a look at The Warriors Fighting System. Look.....

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:37)

its not for an all out fighting game or anything, idk I just found RDR's fist fighting sytem to be alot better then GTA IV system, I just looked up some of LA Noire's combat system and it looks 10 times better then GTA IV's and RDR's

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (TheTrikstar @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:41)
I hated RDR's Fighting System, Its litreally swing, swing, uppercut. And you couldn't kill with it, I think R* need to take a look at The Warriors Fighting System. Look.....

I dont know it looks pretty sloppy and it also looks like something that would be in saints row, to me it seem to be a bit to over the top for GTA, LA Noire system is actually good

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:50)
QUOTE (TheTrikstar @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:41)
I hated RDR's Fighting System, Its litreally swing, swing, uppercut. And you couldn't kill with it,  I think R* need to take a look at The Warriors Fighting System. Look.....

I dont know it looks pretty sloppy and it also looks like something that would be in saints row, to me it seem to be a bit to over the top for GTA, LA Noire system is actually good

Saints Row had a terrible fighting system, probably because you had tons of health and your enemies were nilly willy to beat.

TheTrikstar
  • TheTrikstar

Skank!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

The Warriors did have some bad points to they're fighting system, EG Karate Kicks. But The Grapple System was immence, You could hold them pull them to a wall and smash they're faces into it. Thats what i would love in V

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (TheTrikstar @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:52)
The Warriors did have some bad points to they're fighting system, EG Karate Kicks. But The Grapple System was immence, You could hold them pull them to a wall and smash they're faces into it. Thats what i would love in V

It would be cool but it seem over the top for a GTA game, maybe if the cleaned it up and made it less sloppy and flow a little better then it would be good

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

Uncharted 3 had an awesome melee combat system, they should handle it like that.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 04:00)

It would be cool but it seem over the top for a GTA game, maybe if the cleaned it up and made it less sloppy and flow a little better then it would be good

Over the top for a GTA game? Did you forget that mission in san andreas where you stole green goo from a military base? Or hell, you want more recent? How about that mission in GTA IV where you chase pegorino on a boat while shooting rockets at him from a helicopter? This was the realistic one, mind you. Hell, what about all of those missions from every game where you killed enough gangsters to feed all of new york with soylent green for a week? Smashing a guy's head into a wall is not to over the top for this game series. I didn't have a chance to play the warriors, except that time when I rented a scratched up disc so the game was all skippy, but I hear the combat system is good, so let's go with that one.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Warriors had the right idea and of course it would have to be way smoother for a transition into the GTA series. I would also like to see something like LA Noire's system but with a variation of fighting styles to choose from like in GTASA and where you don't lose your skills when you go to another gym.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 05:49)
QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 04:00)

Over the top for a GTA game? Did you forget that mission in san andreas where you stole green goo from a military base? Or hell, you want more recent? How about that mission in GTA IV where you chase pegorino on a boat while shooting rockets at him from a helicopter? This was the realistic one, mind you. Hell, what about all of those missions from every game where you killed enough gangsters to feed all of new york with soylent green for a week? Smashing a guy's head into a wall is not to over the top for this game series. I didn't have a chance to play the warriors, except that time when I rented a scratched up disc so the game was all skippy, but I hear the combat system is good, so let's go with that one.

Or the one where you steal a moving subway train with a helicopter. Or the one where you jump on to a mving plane from a motorcycle, blow it up, and jump off. I'm tired of hearing "too over the top" or little things. But still thier kind of right, we don't need a complicated fighting system, just a simple one, maybe like RDR.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hell no, it's even worse than IV's, which I like for the counter attacks.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 06:16)

Ya thats all I like 4's system for the counters but other than that it sucks RDR's was just funn to wale on guys, like the other guy earlier said it doesn't have to be complicated just make it a smoother experience thats all

TinTinn
  • TinTinn

Эquation

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

San Andreas had a great fighting system. Just improve it and you got yourself some new boots.

gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

wasn't impressed with rdr's fighting system nor does la noire's look better that iv's. iv's system was actually pretty good because you could counter and do all of these other things but i'd like to be able to learn different styles and take somebody down and gnp or submit them or use objects like beer bottles and to be able to slam there head against a table or something. its really fun in iv to take on like 3 guys at a time and knock all of them out at the heliport place where you can instantly fight anybody just by locking on to them and cops would take a while to get a star.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

im sure itll be crap just like the hand to hand in gta4 and RDR. R* just dont care about an adequate combat system for hand to hand. Only "hand to hand" theyre concerned with is passing the whiskey bottle.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

I found RDR's fighting system to be horribly wonky...but better than IV's tounge2.gif

fusionhunter
  • fusionhunter

Koncept

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I preferred GTA IV's over RDR, at least when you knocked some one out they wouldn't get back up and keep fighting.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:22 PM Edited by Gst0395, 26 February 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Red Dead Redemption's fist-fighting was even WORSE than GTA IV. All you did was tap the right trigger button to throw weak punches at the opponent. You couldn't even beat anyone to death, they'd just keep getting up for more. The only way to end the fight was to run away, knock them into water or kill them using a weapon. I think that was the ONLY bad thing about Red Dead Redemption.

GTA IV's fighting system was good but felt a bit sluggish at times. If anything, they need to bring back a fighting system similar to San Andreas or Vice City Stories, whereas in the latter you could grab your opponent and throw him.

Carnal894
  • Carnal894

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

I just hope you can still beat people to death, unlike in rd. I liked the gta 4 fighting system (ahhh the days of running up on some unwary ped,punching him in the face and watching him fall and bang his head onto the brick wall, ahh good times lol) i hope they didnt ruin it. If they did manage to muck it up for some odd reason it would be a huge issue for me personally and would bother me on all fronts. suicidal.gif

badass nyuka
  • badass nyuka

Why did I move here? Guess it was the weather...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

La noires fighting system is like mafia 2s.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

Ton of great fighting engines have come and gone since GTA 4, and rockstar doesn't want to be shown up this time, so we can count on at least a few improvements.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 06:51)

Ya thats all I like 4's system for the counters but other than that it sucks RDR's was just funn to wale on guys, like the other guy earlier said it doesn't have to be complicated just make it a smoother experience thats all

Well the system in IV was actually okay in my opinion much better than the older games systems. Besides, RDR was released in 2010, gta iv in 2008 so you cant really compare the two games fighting systems.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (2spooky4u @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:01)
QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 06:51)

Well the system in IV was actually okay in my opinion much better than the older games systems. Besides, RDR was released in 2010, gta iv in 2008 so you cant really compare the two games fighting systems.

i always had a problem with IV's fighting style. it felt clunky and fake. the counter was a nice addition, but all the fighting moves like punches and kicks seemed way off

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Uh...RDR combat was actually much WORSE than IV's combat system. I hope V's combat system is like LA Noire's at least...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users