Photo

[REL|VC|MVL] Cougar

10 replies to this topic
SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

For all of you who know what Cougar is, here it is... I was messing around with Vice COLL models & ran into this one after a long time smile.gif Everything's stock, no conversions and/or tweaks of any kind, except for XML obviously.

And for all of you who never heard of Cougar before, take a look HERE

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Virgo & Cougar:
user posted image
user posted image

DOWNLOAD COUGAR

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

I dont think it was a forgotten Car, it just looks like a Beta Version of the Virgo, also I dont think those wheels on it are stock.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:12 PM Edited by SomeGuy86, 25 February 2012 - 03:27 PM.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:53)
I dont think it was a forgotten Car, it just looks like a Beta Version of the Virgo, also I dont think those wheels on it are stock.

Load up your Vice IMG archive (or a COLL model database) & look for the Cougar... You'll find only the model & collision, no textures. But since the Cougar is using Virgo's textures, you can just use the stock Virgo TXD wink.gif

Some ppl claim that the Cougar was supposed to be a "special" version of the Virgo, but got deleted, left out in the final version of the game. The rest of ppl claim that it was a beta Virgo, but that doesn't explain the fact that the Cougar remained within the archives.

And yes, you're right... Those wheels are a modification, but as we all know, wheels are NOT part of any III/Vice vehicles. In other words, I'm using these wheels for my own enjoyment, they're not part of this car sigh.gif

EDIT
Every GTA game had at least one forgotten vehicle... I remember GTA3, it had a car called "PANTO". Unfortunately, it didn't make it in the final version, just like that character "Novy"

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

I know the Wheels were added by you, It is that obvious.

I would think that it is the Beta Model of the car, some of the cars in the game did undergo just small changes like that one did to become the Virgo. I would think of it as the Forgotten Car, as in they Forgot to remove its files.

A GTAIII Car I would like to have is the Brigham, I would rather that than the Panto.

user posted image

Even just some minor changes such as this were made to the Vehicles.

Have a look at the Taxi & Police, they both have the Badge on the front of them like the Taxi & Police had in GTAIII.

http://pix.playgroun...cbec9f5bfea.jpg
http://gta.ag.ru/i/vc/17.jpg

Have a look at this site here, they have a collection of Beta Pictures & some Beta Recreations.
http://www.gforums.r...topic=3532&st=0
I was also surprised to see that one of my Mods, the Cut VC Stretch was on there, and they thought that was from the Beta or something like that.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thank you for the website links, but I'm mostly familiar with the beta stuff smile.gif

Anyway, let me ask you a question... here's the deal, ppl claim (including yourself) that the "Cougar" is only a beta model of "Virgo". "Beta" assumes that the Cougar came BEFORE the Virgo, so that the Virgo got developed later, right? Anyway, here's a catch... Like I said earlier, on one of my previous posts, the "Cougar" is mapped with Virgo's textures. No need to replace anything, not even to rename any of texture IDs, everything's completely similar to the Virgo! Therefore, if the Cougar really did came before the Virgo, that would be impossible...

Obviously, Virgo already existed at the point when Cougar got developed, and for some reason got included in the game archive. Who knows, maybe the Cougar was supposed to be some kind of a experimental project, to include more cars that share the same textures? Come to think of it, reminds me of the Corpse Manana & ordinary one from GTA3...

IDK, you decide. But somehow I doubt that the Cougar was a beta model. Not only because of the Virgo's textures, but also because of the name itself... Why giving 2 different names to the same car? But it all comes to what I said above, even if the Cougar really was some kind of a beta leftover, that doesn't explain why would they name the car that way, if they already assigned Virgo's textures, which means the Rockstar already came up with the name Virgo.

My guess would be that the Cougar was supposed to be a special version of Virgo, used for a mission. They probably took out that mission in the final version and so there was no longer need for the car. Which would also be the case in GTA3, if they decided to take out "Dead Skunk in the Trunk", there wouldn't be any purpose for the corpse Manana wink.gif

cj2000
  • cj2000

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:53) I dont think it was a forgotten Car, it just looks like a Beta Version of the Virgo, also I dont think those wheels on it are stock.
Load up your Vice IMG archive (or a COLL model database) & look for the Cougar... You'll find only the model & collision, no textures. But since the Cougar is using Virgo's textures, you can just use the stock Virgo TXD wink.gif

Some ppl claim that the Cougar was supposed to be a "special" version of the Virgo, but got deleted, left out in the final version of the game. The rest of ppl claim that it was a beta Virgo, but that doesn't explain the fact that the Cougar remained within the archives.

And yes, you're right... Those wheels are a modification, but as we all know, wheels are NOT part of any III/Vice vehicles. In other words, I'm using these wheels for my own enjoyment, they're not part of this car sigh.gif

EDIT
Every GTA game had at least one forgotten vehicle... I remember GTA3, it had a car called "PANTO". Unfortunately, it didn't make it in the final version, just like that character "Novy"

Can the model of this "PANTO" been found somewhere in GTA3 files?

Aztecas_5
  • Aztecas_5

Vehicle Modder

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 27 August 2014 - 02:56 PM.

nope,it was completely removed

and you bumped another topic

• Jeansowaty likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

nope,it was completely removed

and you bumped another topic

Sory, I was searching for some 3 era beta stuf. Now I have found some VC beta weapons, also thanks to you, But with beta vehicles I have no luk. Also have a problem finding some SA beta weapons like M82 and M47 dragon.

Aztecas_5
  • Aztecas_5

Vehicle Modder

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 28 August 2014 - 02:14 PM.

false rumors, i have the first version of the ps2 img (26 october 2004,release date),i have checked and there are no weapons inside of it

• Jeansowaty likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Trick

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:53) I dont think it was a forgotten Car, it just looks like a Beta Version of the Virgo, also I dont think those wheels on it are stock.

I was looking through the files of PS2 version and there is a file called cougar.txd. Looks like Cougar vas a special version of Virgo for some mision, similar rnchlure in SA, that is the same model as rancher.

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

GTA 3D Mod Ped Creator

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 5 days ago

Fake. PC hasn't this file, so I doubt it is used for any mission. It is just BETA Virgo. And you bumped this topic again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users