Road texture question?

1 reply to this topic
Dashie
  • Dashie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hello everyone, I just recently joined here! biggrin.gif

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you could help me. I'm pretty sure this is the right section, but I'm not sure.
I downloaded iCenhancer 1.25, and used the beta for 1.0.7.0, because I have the Steam version. I don't want to downgrade it, so I tried the beta. It works flawlessly. My GPU isn't the greatest, so I had to turn Ambient Occlusion and Bloom off until I get a new one. Anyways, the ENB looks great, and I am pleased with it. (At roughly 30fps right now) Now, my question here is:
All of the ENB videos I see, the roads look amazing. Mine are the default textures. I KNOW that you need to download the textures manually, but, that's my problem.
The only road textures I've found were hosted on Megaupload. Which, all of you know, got shut down. So I can't download any ones. In fact, I can't find any ones. The only one I found is at the moment, incomplete. So I have come to you guys for help. Where can I get a good road texture pack? And is there a mod for "HD" vehicles? Because they too look amazing in the videos I see.

My game information is as follows:
Grand Theft Auto IV - 1.0.7.0. (Steam)
No expansions or DLC
Mods: iCenhancer 1.25 Close up car camera blur fix (Makes the cars shiny even up close)

PC information:
Phenom II x4 975 (3.6ghz quad core)
XFX Radeon 5570 1gb (This is holding me back, will be getting a 6850 soon.)
m4a87td motherboard
5gb of ddr3 1333mhz ram
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Help? tounge.gif

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:14 AM Edited by NaidRaida, 25 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.

QUOTE (Dashie @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 22:02)
getting a 6850 soon.)

I recommend you NVidia for this game. I switched from HD5770 to GTX460 and that opens the whole world of ENB.
You´re right, most road textures are offline. I cannot find anyone anymore yet. Anyway try to find one with Google. There must be something around.
I´ve uploaded the one I use: http://www.mediafire...4fid298kl3f078i. Credits to original author DKT70. If you share this: Give credits to DKT70.
Put the gtxd.img into pc/data/cdimages folder and backup the old one in case you don´t like the new one. Tip: Take a look at map texture files in pc/data/maps for other road textures. gtxd.img does not contain all street textures.
HD cars? You can find them everywhere... gtainside.com, gtamania.ru and other sites as well. Keep in mind that those cars will decrease performance.

EDIT:

Found another road texture also by DKT70: http://www.gtainside...start=&id=40546

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users