Quantcast

» «
Photo

Denice keeps dumping me? (Never did her missions)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
Lishy
  • Lishy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

Hey. My first post in years..

I am putting a lot of issue into my playthrough at the moment. I'm not too far in the game, still trapped in the Los Santos area (Before the Green Sabre mission to be specific), but I've accomplished many things I do not wish to redo.

I've never done any of the Denice missions, but every time I visit her, she dumps me! WTF!? I tried again after JUST collecting all 50 oysters (and all tags), and she STILL dumps me!!! WTF!?!?

Seriously, what's up with this? I'm convinced this might be a bug... But I'm going for a 100% playthrough!

And in response to another thread with this (unresolved) issue, CJ is NOT fat either!

So how can I resolve this? :S

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

First of all, dating girlfriends is not required for 100% completion.

As for Denise dumping you, can you tell us what is it that you're doing? AFAIK, Denise is the easiest of them all. She likes drive-bys and you can take her to almost any place and she'll like it. I always take her to the Green Bottles bar and never get dumped.

Lishy
  • Lishy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

I walk to her house during the times she's available, and she just dumps me!? I have no clue what's going on either!

I should note I've also completed the hospital, firemen, taxi, bmx, and pimp vehicle missions as well.

I'm not sure if its any of my cleo mods, but none should be interfering. Though it is true I did not date her for a long time after rescuing her, isn't there SOMETHING I can do? This definitely doesn't seem natural, considering even if I did do something to reduce the relationship (But how?), she shouldn't anymore since I've gotten all Oysters!

Seriously, what do you think is going on? :S

I know she's not necessary for 100%, but I'm a completionist.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

It happened to me also. If you ignore Denise for long time, she will dump you. It happens after Denise's relationship bar reaches -15%. Unfortunately, It doesn't show at Stats. In fact, Denise's progress bar disappears once it reached 0%. If you further ignore her, the relationship bar further decreases but you can't see it. Collecting 50 Oysters can't prevent it. Collecting 50 oysters is useful to remove necessary requirements for certain girls to become as a girl friend or dating. That means if you have collected all oysters, girls always accept your invitation without considering how unsexy you are. Also 50 Oysters will always bring them to invite for coffee for every successful date without completing relationship upto desired limit for coffee. Other than that, Oysters can't prevent to decrease relationship bar for ignoring them. However, except Denise all of others' relationship bars won't decrease for ignoring if you have dated them at least one time and unless they called you when you are on foot and you ignored their phone calls.

For solution: Upload your save game file with Snp. OrionSR will help you to get once again Denise as a girlfriend.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

The girls will dump CJ if progress drops below 15% (still shows 0% in the stats though). And unlike the non-story mission girlfriends you can't go back and re-meet Denise or Millie. You might be able to keep her from dumping CJ if you use a trainer to give her a little positive progress. Otherwise, if you are good with CLEO it's a pretty easy fix.
CODE
08BA: set $Girls_Gifts_Bitmask bit 0 // enable Denise
$GIRL_PROGRESS[0] = 15

Lishy
  • Lishy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:23 AM Edited by Lishy, 24 February 2012 - 08:26 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 07:56)
The girls will dump CJ if progress drops below 15% (still shows 0% in the stats though). And unlike the non-story mission girlfriends you can't go back and re-meet Denise or Millie. You might be able to keep her from dumping CJ if you use a trainer to give her a little positive progress. Otherwise, if you are good with CLEO it's a pretty easy fix.
CODE
$GIRL_PROGRESS[0] = 15

I don't have the necessary tools to compile that. This might sound very n00bish of me to ask, but can someone compile that for me into a CLEO3 file please?

I use a modified save data format because of the famous Japanese "Character select" mod, so I don't really think using savegame editors would work. But if someone can compile that as a cleo file and pass me the link, I would HUGELY appreciate it! Thanks!

Or if it's possible to compile that without other tools, I would also appreciate if someone can link me to the appropriate info!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Lishy @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 05:20)
[...] I've never done any of the Denice missions, [...]

So after doing 'Burning Desire' you never bothered to DATE her?
You ignored every 'warning' call she made to CJ?
Of the Eight Save slots, you don't have any that precede the dumpting?

You should start over and treat Denise's Dating (and any other's later) as if it is a mission until completed 100% and you get the clothes. After that if she dumps CJ it won't matter.

Denise doesn't care how CJ looks, or what he drives.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 17:25)
:25Re-enabling the jealous girlfriends I suggest using the Savegame Editor 3.1.2. It has a handy little check box near the bottom of the General Tab that can reliably handle this modification.

The Official Girlfriend Guide
How to prevent being dumped by girlfriend Heart icon disappears
The official complete girlfriend guide!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

I could work those codes into a script and compile it easily enough, but I don't want to figure out a way to host the file for you. Your best bet would probably be a trainer like San Andreas Control Center that can adjust the girlfriend's stats in game as you play. Otherwise you'd be stuck with manually editing the save with a hex editor or starting over if keeping Denise was all that important to you.

Lishy
  • Lishy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 08:37)
QUOTE (Lishy @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 05:20)
[...] I've never done any of the Denice missions, [...]

So after doing 'Burning Desire' you never bothered to DATE her?
You ignored every 'warning' call she made to CJ?
Of the Eight Save slots, you don't have any that precede the dumpting?

You should start over and treat Denise's Dating (and any other's later) as if it is a mission until completed 100% and you get the clothes. After that if she dumps CJ it won't matter.

Denise doesn't care how CJ looks, or what he drives.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 17:25)
:25Re-enabling the jealous girlfriends I suggest using the Savegame Editor 3.1.2. It has a handy little check box near the bottom of the General Tab that can reliably handle this modification.

The Official Girlfriend Guide
How to prevent being dumped by girlfriend Heart icon disappears
The official complete girlfriend guide!

I don't recall ever getting any calls from her though. That's the thing. I did not do ANYTHING with her yet besides complete the mission.

I would appreciate if Orion did host the file though. Mediafire?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

You should have taken up my offer for a manual save edit while it was still good. I don't want to host a compiled script, but here's a complete uncompiled CLEO script that can do the job.
CODE
{$CLEO .cs}
0000:
while true
 wait 250
 if
   0AB0:   key_pressed 0x75    // F6
 then
   $GIRL_PROGRESS[0] = 15
   while 0AB0:   key_pressed 0x75
     wait 0
   end
   00BB: show_text_lowpriority GXT 'FESZ_LS' time 2000 flag 1  // Load Successful.
 end  
end

You need Sanny Builder. If you have any questions about installing and using Sanny Builder you had best take them to the modding forum.

BTW, if the trainers and editors won't work then this script probably won't either.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

<moving to Trouble-Shooting> since we can't help by 'doing' or 'advising' help to mission.

Lishy
  • Lishy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:14 PM Edited by Lishy, 24 February 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Just tried again. Works, thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users