[WIP] GTA IV Render-Ware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic
shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys...there is another guy whose working on a similar project.You can ask him to work with you all.Here's a video by him :
http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Ive wrote him mes but he didn't gave me answer. Tommorow i will start work on brook_s3. I decided to finish all other parts of 2 first islands and than fix missing textures and etc.

Bierbuikje
  • Bierbuikje

★ Biertje

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Idea icon14.gif
Motivation icon14.gif
Current outcome icon13.gif

I hope you'll add some better graphics to the game, this doesn't look so good at the moment, and I wonder if San Andreas can handle the converted map, if so I wonder if the computers of the people you are making this for can handle the map.

miclin
  • miclin

old stager

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

Sa cant handle everything^^ I converted a part of manhat with many details but at some single points I get laggs. AND I have a very good PC.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure)
[4.5.2] Original GTA content - Converting these between games is allowed, in moderation. It's a common practice, everyone who has gta installed has access to these vehicles, and getting Rockstar's permission simply won't happen. No point in trying to stop access to something you already have. However, converting excessive amounts of content will detract from interest in scratch-made content. It can also cause issues with Rockstar: if GTAIV's content could be installed into the much cheaper and older San Andreas - GTAIV sales could suffer - and future GTAs will be more likely to contain anti-modding protection. Modding currently encourages people to buy the PC version in order to install mods, which makes us a friend of Rockstar. Let's try to keep it that way.

After discussion with the rest of the staff, we have arrived at the conclusion that this conversion very much falls into the category of the above quoted rule (backwards conversion) and as such, we cannot allow it to progress further. It won't get past the moderation queue on GTAGarage either even if you happen to finish and release it. Sorry guys, but we cannot allow a conversion of this scale and magnitude.

We have always striven for and encouraged modders to concentrate their skills and efforts into scratch-made content rather than blatant conversions like these that distract people from the original game. We'd appreciate if you guys invest your time in something more productive that wouldn't affect R* in any way.

Hope you guys understand our viewpoint. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users