Photo

Hepburn Heights House Music?

9 replies to this topic
theblacklung
  • theblacklung

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

If you walk out to the street from the safehouse in the Red Light District and walk right to the next block which is Hepburn Heights. House music can be heard being played out of an apartment. Only info I can find on this topic is from this website http://gta.wikia.com/Hepburn_Heights and it states "If the player leaves the Portland safehouse and goes to the housing projects across the north corner, house music can be heard playing inside one of the apartments." Anybody out there with knowledge on this tune?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

You can hear those more clearly by opening the sfx.raw file in audio directory using this utility, and extracting these sounds:
http://pdescobar.hom...3SoundTools.zip

The sounds you are talking about are from sfx00390 to sfx00413.

theblacklung
  • theblacklung

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:30 PM Edited by theblacklung, 22 February 2012 - 06:41 PM.

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 17:13)
You can hear those more clearly by opening the sfx.raw file in audio directory using this utility, and extracting these sounds:

Thanks man, I'm one step closer now to hopefully identifying this song. I created this youtube video I looped the clip for a few minutes, hopefully someone else will have some insight on who the artist or title is. Anyone...?

Edit: Alright its been found its called Floating Waves by Dj Roadrunner

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:10 AM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 24 February 2012 - 06:15 AM.

QUOTE (theblacklung @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 18:30)
QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 17:13)

Thanks man, I'm one step closer now to hopefully identifying this song. I created this youtube video I looped the clip for a few minutes, hopefully someone else will have some insight on who the artist or title is. Anyone...?

Edit: Alright its been found its called Floating Waves by Dj Roadrunner

Can you try and find out the name of sfx00404?
It reminds me of Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison for some reason.
Oh, and sfx00401.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 12:13)

Actually, with GTA III, there is NO need for any external audio extractors/players, as ALL the files are in .MP3/.wav format, so, all you have to do is place the Play disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive and play the tracks with Windows Media Player-ALL tracks play, as I said, they are in .MP3/.WAV formats-which IS recognized by WMP 10, 11, and 12. The Audio is NOT in a odd format like it is in VC onwards...By the way, I have played the audio using Windows Media Player 10, 11, and 12, so I have confirmed that it works..Just a heads up. wink.gif

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 07:51)

Actually, with GTA III, there is NO need for any external audio extractors/players, as ALL the files are in .MP3/.wav format, so, all you have to do is place the Play disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive and play the tracks with Windows Media Player-ALL tracks play, as I said, they are in .MP3/.WAV formats-which IS recognized by WMP 10, 11, and 12. The Audio is NOT in a odd format like it is in VC onwards...By the way, I have played the audio using Windows Media Player 10, 11, and 12, so I have confirmed that it works..Just a heads up. wink.gif

That is true, but not for .wav files inside the "sfx.raw" file.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 01:51)

That's only for the radio stations and mission audio, bro. The random SFX are all stored in the sfx.raw file and can be opened with LithJoe's audio editor or Nullpointer's tools.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:02 PM Edited by radioman, 24 February 2012 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 11:21)
QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 01:51)

That's only for the radio stations and mission audio, bro. The random SFX are all stored in the sfx.raw file and can be opened with LithJoe's audio editor or Nullpointer's tools.

I thought that what we were talking about-Mission Audio? OR am I missing something here? confused.gif

@MrMateczko, I don't think that program you linked to works on Windows 7, as I just tested it, and it just comes up with the "Program stopped responding..." error?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:09 PM Edited by Frank.s, 24 February 2012 - 07:13 PM.

This is a length-limited preview of the full version of Floating Waves, you can use it to rip the whole song but you can only play a bit at a time, you'll need to record it and play each individual section then stitch them together in a audio program like audacity. Or buy it.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Well, I found out where sfx00404 plays. It plays in Sex Club 7 at night. Best place to hear it is at the green door in the rear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users