When posting a problem, please include the following information:
- Where exactly in the game you experienced the issue (start screen, while playing the game, etc.)
- What version of the game you have (retail, steam, other online store)
- What is your OS
- Benchmark info or DxDiag is also helpful
Post in one of these forums.
Illegally obtained copies are NOT supported. Discussion of cracks in any form is forbidden.
EFLC/GTAIV wont launch, 0xc0000005 error SOLVED
Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:30 PM
I have somehow managed to solve the problem in a list of things I carried out yesterday. So that it may be able to help anyone in the future with the same problem I will explain the path to the solution.
1. I looked into a registry cleaner, downloaded RegGenie and managed to get a free serial key on a youtube vid (), it showed about 700 errors in my registry and other parts of Windows which it then fixed.
I tried EFLC again but it had not fixed the 0xc0000005 error that I was getting despite the promise of being able to fix it.
2. I then found on the GTA forum that IE9 may cause problems with RGSC ( http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=459257 ) so I tried to delete the wininet.dll for IE9 but could not due to permissions so I then uninstalled IE9.
3. Reading the post by dental about putting IE8 wininet.dll in the games folder also helps so I did, taking the one from C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.20862_none_79346fb94b962189 (closest version I had to what dental used) and put it in EFLCs folder.
I had to restart after this but the game still didn't work.
I tried to play BF3 later but that gave me the 0xc0000005 error too when I have had no issues before so;
4. I did a system restore but my anti-virus was stopping it. After trying by disabling Bitdefender AV and then system restore which didn't work I then uninstalled Bitdefender and the restore worked OK, restored to the 18th which was the last one before RegGenie.
BF3 then worked fine again but didn't try EFLC until this morning and it just worked, RGSC came up asking for the security key (which is where I guess it was crashing before) and now the game is fine.
So whether it was RegGenie sorting the registry or something else im not sure. Remove wininet.dll from EFLC folder doesn't seem to effect the game so I don't know.
I hope this may help others in the future, cheers.
Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:55 AM
Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:34 AM
I could not find any evidence of this exact error on line so posted the above to hopefully help anyone if they do encounter it.
Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:02 PM
Oh yea right. RegGenie is a rogue.
Edited by YankeesPwnMets, 26 February 2012 - 08:06 PM.
Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:43 PM
At any rate using that may not have changed anything, I simply wanted to post to say 'I had this error and managed to fix it'.