Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is every topic is made in GTA 5 Section?

6 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

This is a mess! I want to make discussions in GTA5 section but some or the other way, it has already been discussed! Is every topic related GTA 5 is made? Even that f*cking search feature doesn't works properly. The only way I find the topics are like this-

Google<Search<GTA Forums: GTA 5 Font Topic.
And I get it. Thanks to Bargust for both the topics. The thing which I did to find those topics-

+GTA 5 +Font +Topic (in GTAF's Search Feature)
I got bunch of useless results which were no use and the Font topic is 1 month old. I don't want to bump it and get myself in trouble. confused.gif
Ok, I agree that the R* one was my mistake.
But... Using Google instead of GTAF's Search Engine is the fastest way. -no offence-

Please do something about it. A topic in which all links of the topics will be a good idea but it will take someone millions of years. It can keep the spam away too.
BTW, I guess this is the correct section to post this as I am trying to Suggest you all that to improve the Search Feature.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

The search is fine, just learn how to use it. Using proper english in it may help. Even if you don't, Google is the best you can use.
And it's impossible to make a list of all the existing topics in V section.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Making a list of all topics is way more difficult and time-consuming than just cleaning up your messes.

And besides, it would most likely get ignored just as the written rules tend to do.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:18 PM Edited by radioman, 20 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

I don't want to bump it and get myself in trouble.

What I have gathered from other Mods and admins over the years, is that it is OK to Bump old topics as long as you have something pertinent to add to it. OR in the case of Troubleshooting topics, if you are experiencing the same problem(s) as the OP/the topic is talking about. It is NOT OK however to just bump a topic with only a smiley/one word reply. It is NOT a good idea to bump a Troubleshooting topic to offer advice where the OP is Banned, as it basically does no good. So, just stay on topic, don't flame no one, and do not spam/advertise and you will be just fine with bumping.

Also, in the case of the III and VC(and even SA section for the most part), it is extremely hard to NOT bump old topics, as those sections(especially III and VC) are not very active anymore, and most of those decent Troubleshooting and help topics, as well as the Pinned topics are from like 2008 and earlier. Even a lot of the Pinned topics in those sections have not had any replies since like 2007-2008-lol. So, I think there should be a exception in those sections?

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Learn how to use the search function before you bash it. Search titles only in the GTA V forum for "font" and you'll get better results.

I don't understand why you want to create discussions. That shouldn't be your goal here. It really doesn't matter who starts a discussion, so wanting to start one instead of posting in an existing one is rather pointless. You're not going to get any brownie points or anything for starting a topic, so only start one when it's something that's actually worth discussing.
Don't start a topic just to start a topic. No matter what idea you hide it behind, that's pretty much spam.

Bumping is better than starting a repeat thread, just only do it if you actually have something to add.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

You all know that GTA 5 section can be only interesting when something interesting happens. Posting millions of times in Trailer topic, Wishlist, etc made me bored. I don't know what will happen when the 2nd trailer releases...

I only got 11 to 13 topics after using GTAF's search feature all were not much related to the source but Google's search feature is more well developed. I guess the web crawler (something like that) is not that improved. I even that topic via Yahoo's Search feature.

The main thing which should be done in GTANET V2 is to improve the search feature and sorry for bad English.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

The search feature is fine. You just don't know how to use it.

As for the GTA V forum and topics already being done, the majority of topics are about obvious things such as the location, protagonist, cars, weapons, ect... Be creative and discuss something that hasn't been done before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users